NT, What Beer Do You Drink?

My boy got his 6 pack shipped from Belgium and it came to $25 a bottle.
I would buy it just so I could say I tried it. It's a whale and a truly excellent beer.
Worth $23? Debateable.

Alright, picked up a bottle along with a few other goodies. Needless to say, my wallet is hurting :lol:.

Birthday coming up soon. Decided on treating myself to many trusty favorites and a sixer of lagunitas a alittle sumpin extra. I finally found some somewhat fresh dales pale ale. The pilsners are fresh. Elevated a few weeks old. Alittle sumpin just three weeks old. Should be a nice get together.

Edit:

Alittle sumpin extra is special. Very good stuff. Kind of a floral herbal hop smell. Not very aggressive. Taste is just very light, smooth anddry. Crazy drinkable at 8.5%. Hops or any bitterness for that matter don't really come out at all. So the balance is remarkable as I'm sure it's very malt forward

Last edited:

Finally opened this after about a week of craving it. Expectations were a lot higher. I'd rate this an 8.5 out of 10. Great coffee notes and very fresh chili taste but for something rated so high I expected a more intense flavor all around. Could be my palette used to spicy food and americano coffee or that local beers are on the same level now. Abv level and alcohol taste is dangerously well hidden.

I had some dales pale ale last night. As of late it seems to get some lower than average marks. I think it has to do with freshness on the cans or lack thereof. I ignore the older cans. I've seen 3 plus months old on the shelves of most grocery stores. Price point is also usually $2-$3 more than locals. This latest stuff was 6/20 can dated. I guess most breweries have some freshness issues when shipping out of state.

Today: More and more a little sumpin extra ale. Scary, scary stuff. Highly recommended. I want to drink that over the other stuff I got.

With that wasabi beer, is it spicy back end heat?

It was actually pretty good; the wasabi is really subtle and def at the back of the beer once it goes down

I would def. recommend it but you can almost never go wrong with anything DFH

Yeah I think Lil sumpin is gonna be my staple. Picked up victory headwaters, got a hoppy bitterness to it with a crisp fruity flavor behind it, not bad. Gotta chill though, it's cut season.

New Glarus Scream IIPA - tasty, but a little to sweet in my opinion. A little too much crystal.

My pseudoSue clone. Fantastic, juicy, maybe a touch too bitter to be just like Sue. Can drink it all day.

A lot of micro brewery spots opening here in Tallahassee. They have a lot of locally made beer on tap I usually go just go with the classic Heineken or Yvenling

A lot of micro brewery spots opening here in Tallahassee. They have a lot of locally made beer on tap I usually go just go with the classic Heineken or Yvenling
Take one small step outside your normal realm and you may be surprised, and hooked for life at the choices that await you.

Baseballer10p, nice looking homebrew

Here's a shot of some very very fresh centennial blonde I was taking about a month back

It's unfiltered. It's unfined. It's been just 13 days on a slow forced carbonation @ 14 psi. It's tasting quite good. I'll get another photo in a weeks time.. By then, it should be even clearer. We started at 1.060 and finished a bit high at 1.020. So the sweet bite is there. I'm tasting a bit of a sweet pilsner like bite with a toasted malt character. Hops are sorta there. Abv undetectable. Very solid stuff. I sorta sense some honey or something else sweet. But we never added anything else.. Maybe the yeast aided on some sweet character?

Our Ipa is a bit of a struggle. It finished way high at 1.030 so the sweetness factor is all over the place. We've had drain pours before and this isn't one of them. Considering how we lost a wort chiller and our AC was struggling through some hotter moments of the summer, it's not a total disgrace. I've only had it at room temp, barely carbonated and it had a sweetness to it. The bitterness kind of sneaks up on you. The aroma is lacking big time. But it should carbonate nicely by our big weekend on the 20th.

Salazaro44, I had fun trying them. Just don't totally expect the world to change. Seeing all these breweries name in one place can get ones hopes up.. Still a very solid variety pack... if not the best variety pack around (if there is such a thing.. Quite a few of them have only one or two good beers and the rest you wonder about lol)....

RE: Prairie Bomb... Not sure when I'll open my bottles. Is there a bottled on date? I have a few imperial stouts I've been holding back on trying on purpose. I want to try soon. Maybe late August lol

Last edited:
UPS just dropped these off. Nice beermail from wallyhopp wallyhopp . Letting these bad boys cool down for now.

Marble Reserve Ale Bomber
Project Dank Bomber
Elevated Cans x 10 :wow:

Thanks again man!

Had some Hoppy Birthday on tap for lunch today. First time having an Alpine beer. Super tasty stuff! Kinda reminded me of Elevated minus the the tropical fruit notes. Nice hop presence, drank more like an IPA than an APA for me.

Last edited:
New Glarus Scream IIPA - tasty, but a little to sweet in my opinion. A little too much crystal.

My pseudoSue clone. Fantastic, juicy, maybe a touch too bitter to be just like Sue. Can drink it all day.

That sue clone looks real nice, mind sharing the recipe? Made a gandhi-bot clone the other day, need to keg it soon and see how it came out.

Been getting into Saisons/sours a lot recently. Traded for some wicked weed which i'm looking forward to. The local places (tired hands, forest and main) have been putting out some nice tasting saison's so i've been getting a lot of growlers of them to go.

All these la cumbre pick ups are making me jealous - need to get some of that

A local spot just received a few of the Prairie beers as well as Double DBA and Parabola. Definitely stopping by at lunch to stock up.

Beer mail today! Got a Rare Barrel, couple Wicked Weeds, Terrapin IPA's, and a couple others

A little total wine gift card birthday fun pick ups

Haven't really given lagunitas regulars a fair shot. Most are dated early June. Every other regular Ipa I wanted to try seemed to be rather dated. Stone ruinten gets it's day in court. 6-4-14 bottle date. Latest project dank 6/29 x 2. Couldn't go without some more elevated and a stout to throw in the mix. I hope I get no more gift cards. I think I'll run through the lagunitas tonight and the stone bomber... At the minimum

My tolerance has definitely improved as the average beer has gotten more ABV. I just hate how it sneaks up on you. One minute you're fine. Then your asleep with your shirt off wondering how u got home lol.

The two hearted, sculpin, and elevated Ipa standard of around 7% seems to be my "session" threshold. I pretty much know a elevated 16 oz can = ~two standard American light beers so I play it safe

Imperial stouts seen more dangerous for me than the imperial IPAs

Last edited:
Got some nice pickups from bed bath and beyond.

Craft brews the right glass for the right beer book for 2.99
Craft Beer glass set for 19.99 but used the 20% off coupon
Dogfish head noble rot, been looking for that beer for 2 years.

Back
Top Bottom