NT, What Beer Do You Drink?

Hopefully Constellation Brand's acquisition of Ballast Point wont change anything. I love BP pale ales. Better than Stone.

Last edited:
So glad that Xoco is an easy cop.

Copped three packs at $16.99 at Bevmo.

My local bottle shop had them in as well, but for $18.99. Copped one at that price just to support the homies and to support my habit :x :lol:

Last edited:

Its perfect on this cold rainy night...

These were good.

Those were the only two beers that stood out for me out of the 9 I bought from Total Wine.
I've also tried all the Oatmeal,Peanut Butter, Chocolate Stouts...wasn't impressed by any.

Try to keep note of which ones you liked and why. That helps a lot in choosing which ones to get in the future. I really enjoyed barney flats oatmeal stout. I'm going to delve more into the porters and stouts, then onto the saisons and lambics or what ever else catches my eye.

Last edited:
Finding a spot that does single bottles is huge. We've started a beer tasting club through my job and we'll sometimes go through like 10-15 different beers if not more. Helps when it's a group of people and you all split a bottle at a time so you can try a lot and learn what you like and don't like. Then you all just split up the leftovers and you go home with a mixed 6 pack

I'm set for Thanksgiving.

My local Total Wine got 40 cases in. I walked in about 8 tonight and they had sold about 5.

Seems like the sixers of Xoco will be more readily available than the bomber last year. No complaints here :D

Yup seems like nobody even bought any at my Bevmo. Picked up 2 sixers. Still as delicious as I remembered, and I hate beer with spices in it.

I actually don't remember any heat then and don't get any now.

But that's probably because my taste buds have been destroyed. I order level 8 spicy at Thai restaurants :\

SO jealous of the XOCO pick ups... I had a bit of a sinus cold earlier this week, so I actually haven't been in a beer store in about 8 days. It's a miracle. Wallet now a little fuller. I feel better. Maybe I'll kick this fun habit down a couple notches lol:D. Sitting at home sick, I realized I have a full fridge of random beers. Since there will be no XOCO this thanksgiving, I may have to bust through a couple stouts. Unsure how to go about this. Prairie Bomb, Parabola, Lagunitas High Westy, BA old rasputin from last years Black Friday release, Southern Tier Choklat, and a local brewery, Bosque, is releasing their Buffalo trace Bourbon barrel aged IRS tomorrow. That's not on top of random beers like Sierra Nevada Oktoberfest, which I thought was a good idea to buy just a couple weeks back. Even some Born Yesterday and SUcks is sorta collecting dust. I hate anything hoppy sitting for too long.

I usually hear something by now from a local beer store about Black Friday and GI BCBS. So far nothing. I remember dropping $120 on what amounted to a 12 pack of beer last year. I dont want them randomly dropping info expecting me to drop the same amount. It feels disrespectful. What about yall? Thanksgiving beer plans and/or black friday events?

SO jealous of the XOCO pick ups... I had a bit of a sinus cold earlier this week, so I actually haven't been in a beer store in about 8 days. It's a miracle. Wallet now a little fuller. I feel better. Maybe I'll kick this fun habit down a couple notches lol:D. Sitting at home sick, I realized I have a full fridge of random beers. Since there will be no XOCO this thanksgiving, I may have to bust through a couple stouts. Unsure how to go about this. Prairie Bomb, Parabola, Lagunitas High Westy, BA old rasputin from last years Black Friday release, Southern Tier Choklat, and a local brewery, Bosque, is releasing their Buffalo trace Bourbon barrel aged IRS tomorrow. That's not on top of random beers like Sierra Nevada Oktoberfest, which I thought was a good idea to buy just a couple weeks back. Even some Born Yesterday and SUcks is sorta collecting dust. I hate anything hoppy sitting for too long.

I usually hear something by now from a local beer store about Black Friday and GI BCBS. So far nothing. I remember dropping $120 on what amounted to a 12 pack of beer last year. I dont want them randomly dropping info expecting me to drop the same amount. It feels disrespectful. What about yall? Thanksgiving beer plans and/or black friday events?

same

i have some stuff i have to polish off...

born yesterday, troegs blizzard of hops, one of each beer from the ithaca box of hops, yuengling ipl, and i still have an enjoy by 10/31 :lol:

too much good beer comes out this time of year

i should be pretty good on hoppy beers until later this year when hop ranch comes out, then early next year it's hopslam and then nugget nectar

My local spot had just a couple of the BB left so I picked up a pack. Looking forward to trying it out. Gonna be a nice way to close out a long week tomorrow evening

Last edited:
Hill Farmstead Abner is on tap on Hoptron right now.  After two glasses I can officially say the hype is real.  Can't wait to go back for more tomorrow.

Just a personal log on what I've had lately:

- Left Hand Wake Up Dead Nitro -- Liked it for my first Russian Imp Stout

- Ten Fidy -- Ehh, preferred the Left Hand

- Dragon's Milk Bourbon Barrel Stout -- Hated this

- Terrapin Wake n Bake -- Now one of my favorites

- Schlafly Pumpkin Ale -- Great, really liked this

- Southern Tier Warlock Stout -- Awesome

- Lagunitas Imperial Stout -- Loved this as well, difficult to find

My local spot had just a couple of the BB left so I picked up a pack. Looking forward to trying it out. Gonna be a nice way to close out a long week tomorrow evening

Founders, Socal pls.

Hill Farmstead Abner is on tap on Hoptron right now.  After two glasses I can officially say the hype is real.  Can't wait to go back for more tomorrow.

I identify NTers by their avy. I don't know who you are anymore.

Had the old chub tonight. Enjoyed it quite a bit. Seems like a mix between a doppelbock and an oatmeal stout.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom