NT, What Beer Do You Drink?

Agreed with everybody on the hard root beers being overly sweet. I'll take an A&W and a shot of vodka instead.

When did founders hit your area?
According to them, http://foundersbrewing.com/latest-news/2014/2015-availability-calendar/ fbs is a 3 month seasonal starting in October. Whatever I see now is just left over. Bottled on dates are Octoberish.

Basically if founders just entered your area, fbs may have never been shipped.

It's been within the last few weeks so that probably explains it. They seem to have everything else though so I'm gonna start trying those out. Thanks for info

Hit SD last month. A shop I follow on FB posted that they had it plus KBS. Was too lazy to go though. Oh well.

I really liked NYFRB the first time I had it.  I bought two sixers and started out thinking I could drink them all the time.  By the time I got to the third one they started wearing on me.  I guess it's a cool concept, but I drink beer for a reason.

In other news: Hopslam should be making its way out here any day now. If I find some, great...but I'm certainly not seeking it out.  Still have a ton of Other Half in the fridge, and next Saturday is gonna be All Green Everything and Equinox.  Also saving my pennies for Finback Apple Brandy BQE.

Over the past few months...

Went to dry dock brewery in aurora last week on vacation...they had a tripel that was delicious...

Last edited:
According to them, http://foundersbrewing.com/latest-news/2014/2015-availability-calendar/ fbs is a 3 month seasonal starting in October. Whatever I see now is just left over. Bottled on dates are Octoberish.

FWIW, my FBS bottles were bottles 12/15/15. I'm in L.A.
Also, I saw a post of FB about PtY. People sleeping over night for beer? That's like knuckleheads camping out for shoes. Oh wait....

Who's going to Extreme Beer Fest this weekend? Even though giving money to the Alstroms isn't the brightest idea.

But if you are, get there early and get some TRVE Brewing. They've brought some of their rarest stuff to pour.

Also, I saw a post of FB about PtY. People sleeping over night for beer? That's like knuckleheads camping out for shoes. Oh wait....

Good to know. It seems my area got the 10/15 stock for the most part, and have been either sitting or receiving more of the same from now, since October. However, I did find a place that sold out of their 10/15 and there was some 9/15 available. I'm sure theres a fading element at this point. So I think I'm done stocking up
-----------

At Extreme beer fest, is it about the weird/extreme ingridient beers. Or more about the rare and high ABV? I have never actually traveled far for specific events. I hear of Huna something day at Cigar City often, as well as Dark Lord day in the mid west.

Hypebeasts are running things right now. I'm trying to return to the roots, where beer is just beer again

:smh:
Feb. is fading fast for me on a spending front. Grocery store stop. Got a Weihenstephaner Original sixer (for the pops but its still out of my pocket), a 12 pack of Dos Equis (on sale) and a SN 4 way IPA 12 pack (it was $13. but looking at the dates, they are all bottled around Christmas.. That may be too old for any bright hoppy elements to shine through). We shall see how that one pans out.

I've always said this about one off tries. What Next? What happens when you really really really like what you had? It's great to experience it once in awhile, I guess. But there is no returning to some of these great beers. I've done some trades here, and loved most of the beers, and appreciated the chance to try. But I'm left empty sometimes knowing that I will never get to try them again

Last edited:

The FBS I bought last night was bottled 10/17/15

Last edited:
Just checked out the deets on the 2016 Beer Camp:

didn't get it last year but may check it out this year

also, i don't believe this was mentioned on the thread...stone is releasing a tangerine enjoy by in April and October I believe this year...available in 12 oz format

You guys try any of the Sam Adam's nitro beers? A brewery here in Michigan, Left Hand Brewing Company also has a nitro line out. They got me with the appeal of doing a hard pour and watching the bubbles cascade but I do enjoy nitro beers. Anyone know of any good ones to keep an eye out for?

You guys try any of the Sam Adam's nitro beers? A brewery here in Michigan, Left Hand Brewing Company also has a nitro line out. They got me with the appeal of doing a hard pour and watching the bubbles cascade but I do enjoy nitro beers. Anyone know of any good ones to keep an eye out for?
I like Left Hand Milk Stout. Doesn't have a high ABV, but the sweetness is cool.

Really easy to sip on.

Left Hand is CO, innit? Favorite Nitros are half/half Founders Rubaeus and Breakfast Stout, Oskar Blues Old Chub, Ten Fidy, Founders Pale Ale.

zs05wc zs05wc - you doing KBS Week?

I've always said this about one off tries. What Next? What happens when you really really really like what you had? It's great to experience it once in awhile, I guess. But there is no returning to some of these great beers. I've done some trades here, and loved most of the beers, and appreciated the chance to try. But I'm left empty sometimes knowing that I will never get to try them again
That thought is what dialed me back. I don't "chase" beer but if I know my spot gets something I want, I try and run up and get it. Usually they are out, sometimes I get lucky. Over the past few years I've spent so much time and money, it's unreal. With that said, I don't think I've had anything extremely rare, but stuff like BCBS, maybe some beers from Firestone, etc. But I'm to the point where trying to run down beers is getting tiresome. I'm glad I got to try it but the odds of me trying to chase it down again are probably slim to none. I'm glad I got to try certain beer as well, but I feel like I've tried so much craft beer, I'm satisfied. 

I still don't think I'll go back to slamming Miller Lite like my Military days but drinking something like Ten Fiddy that seems to be in stock at my spot or stocking up on FBS or the likes is the future for me. I'm glad I can't stand IPA's or super hoppy beer. I was at my spot and they got Hopslam and some dude next to me asked if he could get some (as they don't put "rare" beers out, you have to ask). I looked up at the employee and he knows me and asked if I wanted some too. I just sort laughed and said "hell no"
laugh.gif
 and the other dude asked if he could have my allotment. Don't get me wrong, if I have good chance to grab something I haven't had, I will try but my days of running out damn near 3 days a week to check for new product are coming to and end. Also, I have NO social media at all so mostly I go on a whim as I have a general idea of when my store get's their beer in. 

Left Hand is CO, innit? Favorite Nitros are half/half Founders Rubaeus and Breakfast Stout, Oskar Blues Old Chub, Ten Fidy, Founders Pale Ale.

zs05wc zs05wc - you doing KBS Week?

I got confused. I confused Left Hand with Right Brain Brewing Co. Someone told me Left Hand was in Traverse Citu but now that I think about who told me that I should have known better. But either the Left Hand nitro line is good.

I don't get as excited about KBS as everyone else. I've had it once and it's good but I'm not real big into barrel aged beers. I think I've mentioned before I live in Grand Rapids and I've never even had a regular breakfast stout.

Heard a tip that Xocoveza made its way back to my local spot so had to go check for myself today... Only had 1 case left, super pumped to finally get to try it. Also snagged a 4x16 of this Tallgrass Zombie Monkey as it was on sale for $2 lol.

Stopped by my grocery store on the way home and scooped a couple singles too, and found DBC again so had to pick up another pack. Only had one last time and shared the other 3 with friends :lol: combined with my homies Central Waters stash, we're more than set here for tomorrow and the next couple weeks

My sis is moving from Beaufort, Sc to MA next week. Im thinking about having her grab me some beer. Anyone ever had anything from Riverdog and southbound brewery?

Back
Top Bottom