NT, What Beer Do You Drink?

My expensive, ($130) small haul today. First buy in almost 3 weeks and what's funny is I'm 2 weeks dry :lol:
This one stung but I had to get the Wizard Burial Ground.

That Wizard Burial Ground may be one of the best beers I've ever had, hands down. $25 a four pack makes it tough though. Can't wait to try the Charred Xoco. The $20 price point on that hurt a little but I've never had it. Gotta be happy tho that my lock spot still has a bit of Xoco left so I passed on it today for the Charred.

Now, anyone see or try this? $50, but there is no doubt next pay day I may grab one to try. Apparently it's a who new collaboration series. I believe that said 1 of 14 on the back.

Price seems steep but I'm guessing their reason is partly due to ingredients.

Maui has an imperial coconut Porter that's tough to find off the island. I've had it at their brewpub a few times and I remember the bartender saying how expensive it is to brew due to the massive amount of fresh coconut used. It's delicious though and blows the regular coconut Porter out of the water.

I bought at least 2 cases of victory at sea last year, picked up 3 six packs this past week before even trying this years batch, regretting it as it tastes way more bitter this year, the coffee and vanilla are not as pronounced as in the past, pretty bummed as it was one of my favorite porters

Last edited:
$50?!?!?!
:lol:
For a 750ml. That's laughable.
Bruery beers don't even get to $50.

looking into it more, you sure it's a 750ml and not a 1.5L?

Last edited:

$50?!?!?!
laugh.gif

That's gotta be a 1.5L. It's double the size of that Drink After.
For a second I thought you were wrong due to the fact that a lot of Stone's corked bombers look like they're 750mL but they're actually 500mL in thick glass.  If you look to the left of the Maui it says that the bottle of Crime is 750mL.  

I must be wearing orthopedic shoes, because I stand corrected.

^That price is simply absurd

I asked a friend to lookout for me if he came across any

He picked up a six that were splitting at $14...still a really good price IMO considering

Still waiting for High Westified to show up in Norcal. Heard the bottles the distributors got were infected and got sent back. The wait continues...

$50?!?!?!
laugh.gif

i think you're right. and that's actually what i put and edited it because i researched it and it said the original release was to like VIP/people on a list and it was 1.5L and people complained so they re-released it 750ML to please the masses so I assumed that was 750ML but i'm pretty sure you're right. I swear i saw 1.5 on the bottle too but i have the memory of a gold fish.

Yesterday's haul. Good golly beer is expensive. Excited to try both though.

Went with these two while considering Death by Coconut and Omnipollo's Fatamorgana. Limited myself to 2 of the 4

Enjoying a terrapin coffee oatmeal stout right now. Its so easy to drink. I think Narwhal is the thickest beer ive ever had. Dat dark chocolate :pimp:

Slighted you may have been right lol

Last edited:

Same here.

If anyone in NYC sees these, let the fam know.
Im located in nyc, I bought out my stores allotment but beermenu shows it at a few grocery stories around the city for 14.99 and up

Finishing my first semester of graduate school this week and my bro is visiting from cuba, seems like a good time to start drinking some of the stuff I have been saving

mostly been excited to try royal oil

Last edited:

7 six packs so far and will probably buy more, easy decision at 10.99 a six pack
I'm on the look out.
Same here.

If anyone in NYC sees these, let the fam know.
If you're a stout person you might be into this Other Half release this Saturday:

Short, Dark, & Handsome with coffee, cocoa nibs, and vanilla added.  Also doing cans of Double Dry-Hopped Forever Simcoe and a single IPA collab with Kent Falls.  My fridge is already packed with beer, but these beers are too good to pass up.

Guess what this is lol

----
Heard a heads up on some lagunitas high west. What a frickin steal at $10.99/sixer. had to get 4. I actually showed up some 2 days after the info came out. Then today, they post it on fb. Who knows how many they got or how long itll last. Beer buying is quite competitive. You kind of have to get yours and hope for the best sometimes.

Has anyone tried Great Divide beers? They just entered my state.

Super fresh TITAN Ipa. I see its a 91 on BA. Which is about the norm for core lineup IPAs it seems anymore. I have had oak aged Yeti but never the regular BBA. That is sitting at $14/bomber. Worth it? They have regular IS Yeti in cans and bombers too. Colette. I guess pretty much a solid lineup of theres.

These new breweries entering new areas, I love for the first month. Then their beer tends to sit and get old. I guess that single of Titan is their audition for more from me.

I just cant get over how much of a deal that High West-ified Stout is. I was trading for that last year when it was $9.99/bomber. Now I can literally get three times the amount for the same price. Unheard of. When Lagunitas sold some stake of their company to Heinenken, many people thought of the worst. Here, they have had some really hard hitters that came in at a bargain. They are changing the game people. We all thank Stone for putting Xocoveza in sixers, and that's $16-$18. This is a whole new realm at $10.99. We're buying 7% IPAs and 5% craft pilsners at that price, never a 12% aged stout.

Last edited:
i couldve sworn a long time ago great divides BBA beers were 20-25 bucks at my local total wine. I say try it, yeti has always been a good stout IMO.

Has anyone tried Great Divide beers? They just entered my state.

Super fresh TITAN Ipa. I see its a 91 on BA. Which is about the norm for core lineup IPAs it seems anymore. I have had oak aged Yeti but never the regular BBA. That is sitting at $14/bomber. Worth it? They have regular IS Yeti in cans and bombers too. Colette. I guess pretty much a solid lineup of theres.

Great Divide is solid. Definitely worth drinking through the lineup for sure...all the Yeti variants are super good, Colette is great, I enjoy the Hoss Rye Lager...

They've got two taprooms a few minutes across town from me, and I've been to 'em maybe a couple times in 3 1/2 years.

I enjoy their stuff whenever I happen to drink it, which isn't too often thanks to the bazillions of other better (to me, at least) choices across the Front Range.

Scored two more bottles of the Mexican biscotti cake and a bottle of Zhukov vanilla hazelnut. Also got 1792 small batch for $17.99 today which was a steal. I work nights so walking into the stores in the morning I always get odd looks haha.

Having a pirate noir right now.

That pirate noir is looking really nice in the glass

I had Great Divide hercules, yeti, and old ruffian a few times, all pretty solid with old ruffian being the most memorable but that may just be my preference for barleywines

Haven't been this pumped in a while, probably because I've been jealous seeing everyone else post their High Westified stashes 
laugh.gif

Another liquor store I stopped by told me that Lagunitas recalled earlier deliveries because they were sent out too early, not because they were infected. Either way, I'm a happy boy. I will be drinking the Pliny tonight though. Cheers everyone! Oh and btw, my total for the 2 six packs with tax came out to about $28. Not as cheap as some, but I was buying regardless 
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom