NT, What Beer Do You Drink?

I'm starting to really like interboro, great beer that doesn't get hyped and the pricing is lower than the usual

This one uses ahtanum hops, never heard of it before, nice lingering flavor though
Still haven't had a can from them, but everything I've had from them on tap has been pretty good. One of my friends lives right by them so I'll probably hit up their next can release and use it as an excuse to go chill with him.

^I usually just grab cans and leave but the tap room is nice and big (especially compared to other half) with big tables, seems like a nice place to chill

I didn't think tree house could be out done in murkyness but this does it, this stuff could block the sun, flavors remind me of tree house as well but not as vibrant, the honey is well done and adds a little sweetness on the end, not sure what to look for from the yellow birch aging

Other Half made the decision make their green diamonds beer hazy and called it dancing green diamonds, While I think its a great beer I kind of prefer the original west coast style green diamonds more, other half already makes a lot of hazy beers so I dont mind a few less hazy offerings, the balance that their collab with half acre fully frothed had was really nice as far as clarity, something in between clear and hazy kind of like grimm IPAs

Last edited:
Starting off SF Beer Week with these bad boys from Alvarado Street :smokin

Anyone from the Bay Area hitting up any of the SF Beer Week events? I'll be attending the Bistro Double IPA Festival in Hayward tomorrow and then Fieldwork on Sunday for their canning release. Cheers!

Me, my bro and his homies are gonna hit up toronado, cellarmaker, liquid gold & other spots during sfbeerweek. I just missed out on those Alvarado street canned releases but I ended up getting a growler fill of When Doves Cryo at cellarmaker last Thursday.

Me, my bro and his homies are gonna hit up toronado, cellarmaker, liquid gold & other spots during sfbeerweek. I just missed out on those Alvarado street canned releases but I ended up getting a growler fill of When Doves Cryo at cellarmaker last Thursday.

Nice! I'd love to hitup Cellarmaker on Thursday for their release of Juice Gymnastics (collab with Other Half and Trillium) but unfortunately it's a workday. Bummer you couldn't land any of the Alvarado cans. Seems like word has gotten out about them because it's not as easy to get cans anymore lol. When Doves Cryo is a great west coast style IPA. Dank and resinous but smooth at the same time. If you get a chance, try Trois Cabrones. Closest Norcal beer to Treehouse imo. Has that creamy, bubblegum like mouthfeel. Fantastic brew!

On to the SF Beer Week events. Hitup the Bistro Double IPA Festival yesterday. Unfortunately, PtY tapped out before I got there. Tried several beers from Moonraker, Fieldwork, Celarmaker, Fat Heads, Altamont and Kern River. Out of all of them, King Citra from Fieldwork was my favorite. Straight pineapple/mango juice! Great event overall with good food and music.

Hitup Fieldwork today for their release of Pulp (NE style single hopped IPA with Citra then dry hopped with more Citra) and Cocoanut (German Chocolate Cake Imperial Stout). Cracked opened a can of Pulp and man this is good! Tropical fruits for days!

Last edited:
It goes to show how starved or excited some areas can be for slightly above par IPAs.

Well this is a first. Theres a brewery in CO thats pretty par for the course that released some of their beers awhile back. They stopped distributing to my area, only to come back. The brewery in question is Eddy Line. Their DIPA and APA seem to rate better than their flagship IPA.. Price point was something like $14 for six 16 oz cans. Apparently they sold out of their current allotment. I saved $30 in the process and took that $ to TW where they were having some sales.

8) Stone Xocoveza is on its last legs from a supply stand point, so much so that the SKU changed on it. They only charged me $15 instead of $17. I officially bought a six pack of Stone Jinja IPA lol.

I've been budget drinking lately. TW had elevated ipa four packs for $6.50 and another local IPA for $6/sixer. I'm not dumb so thats where Ive been the past week. It's tough stock piling IPAs so I didnt go too deep :smh:. $39/case for what is normally $60.. No brainer. Fresh as can be too. It's not as if its old stock. These are the days ppl. Competition so stiff that deals are given out :smokin

Last edited:

Really looking forward to the Thai gose and saison.

I thoroughly enjoyed the gose beers. They all brought something different that I enjoyed. But most of all it was the balance they had. The Tom Yum thai gose was the most interesting. It has four different peppers in it and they do an amazing job blending with the lemongrass and coriander. It smells like a spicy soup lol. I think I enjoyed Holy Gose the most because of how layered the flavors are. Super crushable, plan to get a sixer next time I hit up TW.

I was impressed by how well blood orange complimented the blood orange gose. Again, very balanced. The Miami Gras saison was a let down for me. It had this very prominent taste that I didn't enjoy at all, which then mixed with the juniper which I didnt like. I'm assuming the flavor is from the yeast they used. The only other saison I have to compare this to is Tank 7 which I really enjoyed.

I want to start exploring more local beers. Have yet to try and J Wakefield beers. I'd like to see what the hype is about.

Last edited:

Really looking forward to the Thai gose and saison.

I thoroughly enjoyed the gose beers. They all brought something different that I enjoyed. But most of all it was the balance they had. The Tom Yum thai gose was the most interesting. It has four different peppers in it and they do an amazing job blending with the lemongrass and coriander. It smells like a spicy soup lol. I think I enjoyed Holy Gose the most because of how layered the flavors are. Super crushable, plan to get a sixer next time I hit up TW.

I was impressed by how well blood orange complimented the blood orange gose. Again, very balanced. The Miami Gras saison was a let down for me. It had this very prominent taste that I didn't enjoy at all, which then mixed with the juniper which I didnt like. I'm assuming the flavor is from the yeast they used. The only other saison I have to compare this to is Tank 7 which I really enjoyed.

I want to start exploring more local beers. Have yet to try and J Wakefield beers. I'd like to see what the hype is about.

Have you had AVBC briney melon Gose? One shop in town has that. Then a TW has a solid supply of BO gose. I just recently had the odell blueberry Gose (older release from the fall). There is something electric about citrus and tart/sour flavors, go figure, right? But it shows to me that some experimentation does not need to be happening. AVBC BO Gose is an awesome example of the style. The briney melon example is complete crap. Some small subtle changes can totally make or break a beer. Have you had the chance to try Westbrook Gose? Thats a very barebones example, chalked full of funk, salt, and coriander. Maybe the best of the bunch.

Its funny. SN took a leap with Otra Vez, a prickly pear Gose. But that somehow comes off like a jolly rancher candy flavor. I have never seeked it out since its inception

Last edited:
masterplanman masterplanman , my buddy just gave me a can of the bee keeper. I was really looking forward to cracking it but ended up studying earlier tonight. Looks good in that glass!!!

I kinda splurged earlier this week. Ended up grabbing a 6er of enjoy by (which is pretty good imo), stone's mint coffee milk stout, morph and Bennington both by nightshift. Also got a gift bottle of Bombinate by monkish from a friend too.

Pretty excited about the bombinate lol only because it's from monkish and I live all the way in MA. So it's not something I can try too often.

this is crazy, the coconut flavor is really strong but doesn't taste artificial, super sweet, probably couldn't drink more than one in a night but definitely a nice treat

Have you had AVBC briney melon Gose? One shop in town has that. Then a TW has a solid supply of BO gose. I just recently had the odell blueberry Gose (older release from the fall). There is something electric about citrus and tart/sour flavors, go figure, right? But it shows to me that some experimentation does not need to be happening. AVBC BO Gose is an awesome example of the style. The briney melon example is complete crap. Some small subtle changes can totally make or break a beer. Have you had the chance to try Westbrook Gose? Thats a very barebones example, chalked full of funk, salt, and coriander. Maybe the best of the bunch.

Its funny. SN took a leap with Otra Vez, a prickly pear Gose. But that somehow comes off like a jolly rancher candy flavor. I have never seeked it out since its inception

Never tried briney melon, sounds like I dodged a dud. If seekabrew is accurate, westbrook doesn't appear to be in Florida. Is it worth searching out?

^briny melon is the only one I have had and it was forgettable, Westbrook gose moves off the shelf pretty quick in nyc but I have yet to try it since it's kind of expensive

Scaled up tasting real crisp, trillium has the well rounded ipa's down perfect

This had a nice unique flavor from the hop bill but it wasn't as strong as I was hoping, smooth ipa but a little light compared to the previous other half dry hopped stuff

Albino slug from tired hands, never seen this much sediment in a beer....

If anybody is wondering, yea I drank it all....

Damn I slept hard on this other half mosaic motueka, best beer out of the others in this post, has some spice some fruit and a nice bite in the end, surprised this isn't more popular, then again all of other half double hop series tends to be under rated, I haven't been let down by any yet, got me excited for Citra motueka this weekend

Nice floral saison, it has a nice bite on the end

Last edited:
I was at Russian River this past Saturday for the Younger.

My second time in 3 years, and I believe it was well worth it.

I am not sure, but are we allowed to do trades on here? I have a few Blind Pigs and Elders, was hoping to try some Heady Topper or Julius if anyone was willing.

I am not sure, but are we allowed to do trades on here? I have a few Blind Pigs and Elders, was hoping to try some Heady Topper or Julius if anyone was willing.

How long did you wait papi?

Several traders here. You're probably gonna have to trade a case of each for HT or Julius though.

Unfortunately, Blind Pig and Pliny does not have as much trade value like they used to. Unless there's someone that hasn't tried either and would like to, you may have to give up more on your end to get those beers (especially Julius). Try hitting up the trade forums at BeerAdvocate or RateBeer.

For those in the South Bay, WF in Santa Clara has a ton of High Westified.

Last edited:
Anyone had funky Buddha?

Keep meaning to pop in to their brewery every time I'm over in Lauderdale

Thanks for the info, never traded before.

I may just buy some HT off Ebay, if I need to.

Good god. I had no idea people were selling on feebay these days. Just saw two cans of Trillium going for $65 shipped and another auction selling empty Sip of Sunshine cans. Are people really paying this much?!

Back
Top Bottom