NT, What Beer Do You Drink?

Picked up two bottles of KBS on Saturday.  Drank one yesterday...it's fine.  Nothing to get too excited over.  High Westified was exponentially easier to get, cheaper, and just as good.  

Other than that, here's what I've been up to:

Evil Twin Lost Souls IPA.  This was nothing special.  Won't be buying again.

Burial Gang of Blades Double IPA.  This was pretty good.  Generic citrus with a decent mouthfeel.  

OH Cheddar.  Basically Broccoli with a different hop bill (Citra, Kohatu, Wai-iti, Ekuanot).  Not bad, but I was expecting more of a punch from the taste.  Kind of subdued, honestly.  Luckily the flavors that are there are good.

OH Cabbage. Same deal as above with different hops (Vic Secret, Motueka, Mosaic, Simcoe).  This one was quite nice.  Big lemon-lime/tropical flavors. Decent mouthfeel. 

OH Broccoli.  Hopped with Mosaic, Simcoe, Hallertau Blanc, and Cascade. This batch is great.  Easily the best of the pack.  This is nothing like the first batch of Broccoli I had, but I'm sure not complaining.  Delicious

OH DDH Hop Showers.  I enjoyed this one a lot.  Last time I had Hop Showers was before it became "Haze Showers," so I can't compare it to the OG in its current state, but I like that this has juicy components without losing a lot of the characteristics that made me love Hop Showers to begin with. 

OH Subterranean Rotation.  Brewed in honor of Mission Dolores Bar's 7th anniversary.  This one is pretty tasty.  A little light on the palate, but it has a unique taste from a lot of other OH IPAs.  Might be due to the fact that this was primarily hopped with Azacca, which is a hop that you don't see OH using all that often. 

OH DDH Southernhopalistic.  All New Zealand hops.  Aroma on this is underwhelming, but the flavor makes up for it.  I get a somewhat "purple" note on the taste.  Not grape, but generic "purple" flavor...but that could very well be the label influencing my perception.
laugh.gif

Grimm Neon Lights Farmhouse Pale.  Nice stuff.  Light, crisp, spicy, and slightly funky.  A welcomed change of pace from the usual hop bombs.

Evil Twin/Omnipollo Old Fashioned Lemonade IPA.  I was skeptical about this one since I don't care much for "lemon" notes in my IPAs, but I figured I'd give it its day in court.  Drinks more like lemonade than an IPA.  I could see people enjoying this, I'm just not one of them.

Just had one KBS from this year, not too impressed. I'll hold on to the other for a while and see how I feel about it then. I'm looking forward to w00tstout this summer. Doing a vertical tasting 2015-2017.

Been drinking a lot of sours, its hot here so not really in a stout mood.

Im curious how this will taste, don't know much about it but I like both breweries.

Had this the other day. More mellow than I expected. Probably one of the more subtle gose beers I've had. It has orange added which adds a nice touch. It tastes like they added both a little orange juice as well as orange peel. Not bad.

Last edited:
Funny to say. But i thought I'd ask a couple people here. I think I may be allergic to beer. Maybe it's the specific yeast or specific hops but anymore I find myself getting into these 15-20 sneeze long sessions all at once. I don't feel nauseated or get a runny nose or anything. It's not painful, just very strange. Only culprit is beer. It's not all beer or the same beer every time. Weird.

La cumbre has their annual Nelson sauvin dipa release this Friday. This may be the first year ever that I miss.

On another note, Waldo's is massively sweet but has a nice hop aromatic and bite to it. Balance is quite nice. Drinks more 9%ish.

I did a 15/16/17 vertical on kbs. I definitely would not age this beer. I think it tastes fantastic. Better than 90% of the $17 dollar bombers the smaller breweries putout.

Last edited:
15-20 sneezes long? Hell naw.

Not a physiology expert or anything, but allergies and sneezing usually involves particulates irritating the nose/nasal cavity. Are you snorting your beers? I don't think smells themselves would cause sneezing.

Passing on KBS this year. Still have a sixer of High Westified and a 4-pack of KBS 2016. #firstworldproblems

This happened at lunch. Selfish of me or just the way it is?

Tough situation to be in.

Long story short, been trading with some of y'all for years now. FW came to town for the first time last August. Today was the day I was waiting for.
Been reloading the Tw website everyday for two weeks. Asked one shop last month and they said they should be getting some in. Same place limited bravo to just 1/person. Then I see tw listing some. Upon arriving at Tw, it's not exactly on the floor but there's a tag. Found a guy nice enough to give me some off the ladder. Asked me how many I wanted. Of the 12 that I think was in each 'case', I picked six and let the clerk move the other six to the empty shelf spot. Problem solved. There was a fellow who had asked before me and he only wanted two. So for you random dude out there, I salute you. Clerk from the ladder basically said they only got 2-3 cases worth. For a metro population of 1 million, 36 beers to one of the largest accounts is pretty crappy. Okay sorry . That wasn't long story short. I'm reading that they produced almost double of what was avaialable in the past. Kbs is sitting with 10 unopened cases where I'm at. But parabola gets just 2 that see the light of day?

Last edited:
Spot I got my Parabola from had a two bottle limit. That's all I need honestly considering I still have a few from previous years haha.

This was decent, nothing in particular about it stands out but its solid overall. Tastes kinda like a less malty Jai Alai.

Last edited:
A good beer day is walking into your local Total Wine, seeing 6 cases of Parabola with no limit, grabbing 3, passing on KBS because there is 5 cases of BA Ten Fidy with no limit.

Civil society's Pulp and Gator farm canned a few days ago. Looking forward to checking them out when I go to FL this summer.

^ seeing scotty karate brings back memories, I only saw it once in nyc, three summers ago, it was on sale for 8 a four pack, didnt even realize it was barrel aged, I dont think my pallet was ready for it back then, I remember it being tough to drink but got me feeling warm, played a pick up game of basketball and was pulling moves

EDIT: on second thought it may have been the non barrel aged version, I remember the artwork being different

Last edited:
Nah man. I moved to ATL a while ago so been on a GA kick. Does it have distro in Orlando? If so maybe I'll have the homie bring some to Wanee in a few weeks. 

I think cans are brewery only, I'm sure places get some on draft though.

Got these yesterday. Its "cold" here right now though, thinking about opening my Sumi Ink. Might be my last chance for a while lol.

Hoping to visit J Wakefield today, I'm excited.

Last edited:
How is this years Parabola? Heard its kind of hot right now. I hate waiting a whole year for beers to mature.

Heard fortem released around here. Went by a big box place and saw more parabola. Considering one main 'local' shop limited it to 1 bottle/person. And considering I waited some 2 odd days, and considering I went to a different big box place, I have no regrets taking even more
I probably have 1 of 1 cases my entire metro area of 900k got. Screw em. They can't appreciate great beer apparently.

Impressions on Leo vs. and the parabola coming soon.

Smh, the local bottle shop was selling KBS bottles for $15 1pp.

Got these from a place I would of never expected to have them. Turns out the owner is into craft beer.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom