NT, What Beer Do You Drink?

Not sure if we got any Oktoberfest beer fans in here, but this year's Sierra Nevada is delicious. I picked up a 6 pack (cans for 2021!) over the weekend and can tell it won't be 1 and done like last year.

^I'm looking forward to marzens and cool weather

With the resurgence of lagers and traditional styles the last few years there should be some good ones

I haven't had Sierra Nevada's in years but I remember it being solid. Great Lakes always had a good one too

^I'm looking forward to marzens and cool weather

With the resurgence of lagers and traditional styles the last few years there should be some good ones

I haven't had Sierra Nevada's in years but I remember it being solid. Great Lakes always had a good one too

SN has typically collaborated with a different German brewer every year, but the past 2 years during the pandemic they have brewed it in house. It's always a different recipe annually, so some years are obviously better than others, but I always look forward to the diversity.

SN has typically collaborated with a different German brewer every year, but the past 2 years during the pandemic they have brewed it in house. It's always a different recipe annually, so some years are obviously better than others, but I always look forward to the diversity.

Oh yeah, forgot they did that. Will definitely pick some up this year

I just wish it wasn't released so early. Late July for an Oktoberfest...

It's been that way for a while with seasonals

6728488B-4E97-4CC7-8B39-53E663FD7A68.jpeg

B08C3B8D-8F96-4F33-A290-9FC439861377.jpeg

It's September so close enough. SN off the rec in here and Fat Heads who usually doesn't miss. Both good and different

Fat Heads is a mostly clear amber, crisp, and on the hoppier end of the style. Just enough sweetness. Sierra Nevada reminds me more of a true German Marzen with more hops. Dark and malty without being too much. Hops balance out the sweetness

Both very drinkable. I'll be going back to these as long as they're on shelves

Haven't been to Other Half in over a year now. COVID did a number on my beer consumption and purchasing habits.
I hear ya. We did mostly day drinking. We were at OH right at opening. Pretty much empty.
Didn’t get a chance to check out Grimm, Torst and Interboro. Next time.

Had to seek this one out after all of the hype I was reading:

0.jpg

Overall impression is that it's extremely good. The biggest takeaways I have are the lack of booze and cloying sweetness I come to expect from triples. This drinks very much like a good 8%er. Mouthfeel is full without being disgustingly thick. The hop profile itself is kind of whatever. It's juicy/fruity, but I can't really pull any particular tasting notes out of it. That might be due to my change in drinking habits over the years though. No matter the case it's definitely enjoyable, just not sure if it's worth the hype.

Got a case of treehouse coming in, very excited. Still my favorite hazy IPA brewery.

very stoked to try all the smaller ABV renditions of their flagships (juli-ish, little machine, etc)

B0B6F78F-7F31-466A-9D9D-529260E88A0D.jpeg

Finally checking this one off, lives up to the hype. I remember this being the “whale of whales” when it came to treehouse hype. Now this and Juice Machine are in the regular rotation

straight peach rings. On the nose and palate. Crazy smooth and soft. Might be the smoothest Treehouse IPA I’ve had. Still enough bitterness to cut the fruit character. While hazy IPAs don’t wow me like they used to, treehouse IPAs still have a soft spot in my heart. I’ll come back to their beers over and over again

So I drink a lot of thick, fruited sours and NEIPA’s, beers that have a lot of sediment that collects at the bottom of the can and requires rolling before pouring. Im running into the issue of my beers foaming over, especially the fruited sours.

1. Does anyone know if the fruit makes these beers more prone to this?

2. Has anyone ever experimented with periodically flipping cans in your fridge to try to get the sediment from sitting in the bottom of the can?

zs05wc zs05wc Are you getting these fruited cans direct from the brewery, from bottleshops, or trades? Reason I ask is because that they might continue to be fermenting inside of the cans if they haven't been kept cold 100% of the time.

I've never tried to flip any cans to see if they dispurse the sediment. Is it chunky, or just cloudy?

They’re direct from the brewery and go straight into the fridge when I get them home.

Theyre thick beers but not chunky like some of the smoothie style beers I’ve had.

Back
Top Bottom