NT, What Beer Do You Drink?

I didn’t get into beer heavy like that but my bodega keeps allagash white stocked and it’s my daily go too now. drinking a case (24 bottles) per week. Going through the last 3 I have today and I’ll get another 6er tomorrow

I didn’t get into beer heavy like that but my bodega keeps allagash white stocked and it’s my daily go too now. drinking a case (24 bottles) per week. Going through the last 3 I have today and I’ll get another 6er tomorrow
That's a lot of beer to be drinking on a daily basis!

I regret not bringing back more Allagash during my trip fall 2019.

That's a lot of beer to be drinking on a daily basis!

I regret not bringing back more Allagash during my trip fall 2019.

I have never gotten drunk off beer not to sound a **** or whatever. But once I got used to sipping high proof bourbons and whiskys like stagg jr (132.5 abv) beers don’t even get me buzzed anymore.

Not beer but it's giving me a bit of a buzz

20211103_201423.jpg

Anyone have any good wet hop beers this year? I've only seen two so far, Fat Heads Hop Stalker and Wet Hop Head Hunter

Excellent beers. Everything I want in an IPA right now. Crisp, clear/golden, very good hops

I'd like to get some Sierra Nevada Harvest but haven't seen any around

Tired Hands Barrel Aged Only Void 2021

Finally, a proper BA beer from TH. Tons of barrel character. Good amount of roasted malt with rye spice. But the real winner is the toffee and caramel flavors. Super viscous as well
A342F8E3-CB44-49CC-9B68-AE1F7536D147.jpeg

Been wondering. Are beer trades and hype releases still a big thing? I jumped off beer advocate awhile back. Still mainly sticking to grocery store type package buys. I’ve been to two breweries in the past 7 months. Cheaper core local products have dominated my consumption.

Two weeks back I got a four pack of the lagunitas freshness under pressure. It had some real born yesterday vibes.
I’ve had one hazy in the past 3 months.

I revisited pilsner urquell (which has new 12 pack packaging). Still so solid.
I almost picked up SN celebration but realized a red hoppy ale isn’t entirely my favorite.
I almost picked up some kbs alternates but at $9/bottle I passed. Standard fbs is still a stall worth
I’m more selective and then at the same time, I’ll gladly pick up some hamms and call it a day.

I knew this beer hype culture would phase in and out for many. I didn’t think I would ever be one. The monetary savings is immense though. I was out in VT late July and basically drank a case of heady/focal and just enjoyed time with family. It’s now available in a backwoods country store and not a 3 hour trek. Times are good

To revisit august and September and October, the SN and bells oktoberfests were pretty much all I needed for those three months. Sam Adams is still too sweet and malty. I like the weinhenstephaner festbier style the most but wasn’t down to drop $15/sixer.

Last edited:
Been wondering. Are beer trades and hype releases still a big thing? I jumped off beer advocate awhile back. Still mainly sticking to grocery store type package buys. I’ve been to two breweries in the past 7 months. Cheaper core local products have dominated my consumption.

Two weeks back I got a four pack of the lagunitas freshness under pressure. It had some real born yesterday vibes.
I’ve had one hazy in the past 3 months.

I revisited pilsner urquell (which has new 12 pack packaging). Still so solid.
I almost picked up SN celebration but realized a red hoppy ale isn’t entirely my favorite.
I almost picked up some kbs alternates but at $9/bottle I passed. Standard fbs is still a stall worth
I’m more selective and then at the same time, I’ll gladly pick up some hamms and call it a day.

I knew this beer hype culture would phase in and out for many. I didn’t think I would ever be one. The monetary savings is immense though. I was out in VT late July and basically drank a case of heady/focal and just enjoyed time with family. It’s now available in a backwoods country store and not a 3 hour trek. Times are good

To revisit august and September and October, the SN and bells oktoberfests were pretty much all I needed for those three months. Sam Adams is still too sweet and malty. I like the weinhenstephaner festbier style the most but wasn’t down to drop $15/sixer.
Most of my consumption is Miller Lite, craft mix 6 from the grocery store, or whiskey.

i still buy some stuff from Tired Hands and Other Half but not by the case load like I used to.

in the summertime, I almost exclusively drink Miller Lite since I do most of my drinking on the golf course or somewhere outside. Cooler weather, all I want is a pour of whiskey.

af1 1982 af1 1982 yeah man. I’m just out of the loop. Are people lining up for beer still? Covid kind of reeled the whole scene back. I know some breweries are popping. But others just seem dead when I drive by them. I wish no place bad vibes. I know consumption hasn’t exactly dropped so I feel it’s gone more widely avaialable package and less face to face bar top vibes.
I wanted to make it out to TH when I was in the area and it seemed super easy with mobile ordering, set pickup times, and trunk delivery. But I still didnt do it
Anymore it’s a cheap 30 pack and some fbs, imperial dry stouts, or a coffe porter. I guess I’ve fine tuned my palate.

Depends on the release but people aren’t lining up weekly anymore. I think covid is the best thing to happen to craft beer in a while. Plenty of options, all easily accessible and distributed.

im located in central PA so Troegs is pretty much my local. I grab their variety pack every time a new one is released. Their 15 pack summer one had 5 different beers for $20. Can’t beat that at all man. And they’re by far my favorite brewery of their size

DE3E0384-CFAA-412C-AFD9-FAD45B847510.jpeg

Im still a sucker for labels, and this brewery definitely caught my attention. Central texas, Austin in particular, has a pretty wack IPA scene. So I’m stuck visiting total wines trying to find interesting things on the shelf. If anyone has some decent suggestions for places that ship let me know.

Rumble Rumble Tavour, Craft Shack, Craft Beer Kings are a few that I’m aware of that ship.

You can use the referral code 635392 in Tavour if you end up getting anything 😉

af1 1982 af1 1982 yeah man. I’m just out of the loop. Are people lining up for beer still? Covid kind of reeled the whole scene back. I know some breweries are popping. But others just seem dead when I drive by them. I wish no place bad vibes. I know consumption hasn’t exactly dropped so I feel it’s gone more widely avaialable package and less face to face bar top vibes.
I wanted to make it out to TH when I was in the area and it seemed super easy with mobile ordering, set pickup times, and trunk delivery. But I still didnt do it
Anymore it’s a cheap 30 pack and some fbs, imperial dry stouts, or a coffe porter. I guess I’ve fine tuned my palate.

Right there with you.

My system is buy a 15 pack of Founders/SN/Firestone etc.. anything ~4-5%. that's the the go to filler beer for certain days/times as I don't drink Mon-Weds.

Bottleshop visit every 4-6 weeks and spend $40-50 get 8-10 pints. 1-2x pints per week for Fri/Sat evening, works out pretty well.

Back
Top Bottom