NT, what do you do when there's no one there for you?

Find your own self-worth. Start working out, going to the gym.

Get involved at school. Run for office or something.

But most of all, realize you NEVER needed anyone in the first place.

I think you need a fresh start. I'm assuming you're pretty young but have you thought about just picking up and leaving to another city?

Originally Posted by Smokey13

I think you need a fresh start. I'm assuming you're pretty young but have you thought about just picking up and leaving to another city?

i mean i've thought about it a lot, but i dont know if i ever really seriously considered it

Learn to love yourself and you'll never be alone. And no I'm not talking about intimately. I'm saying though like start doing things for yourself and only yourself and showing the people who write you off as if your meaningless that in fact you aren't and that likewise you have no need for them either. The most important thing is to stay busy..Get a job if you don't already have one; if you do get another, go to school, start working on setting yourself up in life so that in the years to come your only problem is going to be dealing with all of the people that want to bring themselves into your life because of who you are and what you've become (which is usually the people who wrote you off in the beginning).

I've never really had anyone there for me so I'd say get drunk and watch Clerks II.  At least that's what I do when I'm down.  Being alone sucks, and most people don't truly know what alone means.

Originally Posted by needsomejays

can i get some real advice?
eyes.gif
Join a club a school where you regularly meet the same people. The point is to be in a supportive group that you can just talk to.

Most of all though, if you can somehow find this negative energy and convert it into something productive then you'll be set. Go to the gym, read more, learn more, and try to better yourself any way you can.

You can extract a lot of powerful motivation if you decide to tap into it.

Hey OP,
First off, keep your head up man. All these posters telling you to man up are lying to themselves if they never had a time when they felt completely. I had a situation last week that had me totally devastated as well. Just remember how lucky you are and be grateful for everything God's blessed you with so far in life. Go for walks and enjoy the weather if its sunny. Chat with friendly old people on the bus. Just keep a positive perspective and you'll be fine. Take care sir.

You're just going to have to deal with the family situation.. But if your friends are ignoring you, then its clear that you need new friends. You shouldn't have to beg to have someone to chill with. So whether its a club/sport in school or a community activity/job, put yourself "out there" and get some new, genuine friends.

And if you're just having "downtime" then you should try to make yourself a well rounded person in the meanwhile
-lift weights/excercise
-read
-no really, read
-marijuana, shrooms, acid, mescaline--discover yourself as a person, and btw hallucinogens are probably the safest drugs not neurotoxic/cardiotoxic etc.

Spoiler [+]
But really though, masturbate

Start doing things that will help you calm down, take your mind off of things.
When I was going through tough times, I started running.
While running, I was focused only on my breathing and trying to finish my run.
It truly helped me relax.
You got to take it one day at a time, but God is always with you and he will help you get through things.

- go cry if you haven't its ok let it all out ( i cried once when my gf broke it off)
- i kept myself busy and i mean busy, it finally start catching up on me though, i had 3 jobs and going to school full time now i have 1 full time and just going to school, any downtime i had was i read books, and went to the gym and i go for walks and run/jog.
- focus on yourself that's what im doing right now just focusing on things i need to do, 1 step at a time, nothing is gonna happen overnight.
- write on some things you need to work on, have set of goals, put that into writing read it everyday remind yourself if you have to
- go to the motivation thread here in NT trust me it'll give you some pick me uppers
- accept what you lost, if you have any questions ask no point beating up yourself for something you don't have the answer for and make today better than yesterday and your moving on to the right direction.

hope this help man, i was going through what you were going through and honestly i can see the light at the end of the tunnel

This may seem like a **!%@%$ response, but that's not my intention. What I'm going to say, simply.. is at the end of the day NO ONE is there for you. Not a soul. Life is a solo ride, you may have companions at times but you're kidding yourself if you think it'll last. You need to learn how to enjoy and embrace your own company. Sounds cliche, maybe it is, but doesn't mean it isn't infinitely true. When you find inner peace within yourself you'll never feel empty when inevitably the search outside turns up nothing

I suggest meeting new people. Sign up for a group in your school, community. Meeting new people will spark interest in you and make you take your mind off things.

luxurious24 wrote:
jus use this to grow bruh, trust me ppl got it way worst so jus be thankful for wat u do have, decide if you gone let this make u or break u.

find something you really like to do and focus on that. alot of people feel like this but it can be a good thing if you turn it into a positive. the important thing to realize is people can change on you at any moment so be prepared to deal with things on your own if you have to

Keep your head up no matter what bro,my girl broke up with me yesterday because of a misunderstanding and i was going to get into 2 fights,then i seen my ex with her new boyfriend and they wanted to start something with me.im having money problems,my school grades are slipping dirty style and i feel miserable inside. i just went to sleep woke up ,got into a real hot bath listened to some old school music from when i was younger,went to go to the lake and then just came to a realization that im better than the bs that tries attaching itself to my life.
Heres the thing, if you feel like crap and dont do anything but let it get to you and cry about it then your situation will get worse.
Do things that make you feel happy like maybe go volunteer somewhere,find someone stuck on the side of the road and help them out,just different acts of kindness and you will be returned the favor in some sort of fashion later down the road.

Back
Top Bottom