NT: What Happens Whan You Miss A Frosh Deadline?!

D

Deleted member 38182

My (stupid, idiotic) brother missed the Frosh Orientation payment deadline for San Jose State.

He is an idiot. My dad will be pissed (this is an Asian household.....so you know how it is).
He just got an email saying they have canceled his application, and to try again some other time as a transfer.
I feel bad for the kid but its his own damn fault for not keeping up with his responsibilities. As a brother, I'm trying to present as many differentoptions to cope with this situation....

One option I came up with is to take the Fall of, and apply as a Spring frosh...could that work?
Also, on a sidenote how should my brother deal with this? and more specifically, should I keep my mouth shut about the matter to my enraged father? cuz the guywill be screamin and hollerin; which is fine because he deserves it, but I hope to god he doesn't lay hands on my brother.....

Never hide ANYTHING away from your father, even if it will really make him mad.

I would advise your bro to talk with your dad. My sister used to drive my dad crazy over things he never was told about and luckily he hasn't been mad fora long time, except when my sister turned in her application for scholarship money from Ohio State a day late, missing an easy 10k a year scholarship.

Good luck on the situation.

Oh yeah, and my dad is a crazy asian father too, so I completely understand. So make sure your bro tells him immediately. It won't be pretty but it is thebest option.

Thanks, I just really feel bad for the kid cuz I know he know's he messed up and doesn't wanna face my dad. At least he had the balls to call my dad uptoday to fill him in.

It sucks that it doesn't really even directly effects me and yet I'm so concerned about my bro.

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

Thanks, I just really feel bad for the kid cuz I know he know's he messed up and doesn't wanna face my dad. At least he had the balls to call my dad up today to fill him in.

It sucks that it doesn't really even directly effects me and yet I'm so concerned about my bro.

No I understand how you feel. My sister used to be a screw up in high school, hated it, and completely stopped caring about it, did all these stupid things andmy dad was furious at least a few times a week. He'd throw %*%* at the door to the hallway during arguments while I was sleeping, and it was always thesetense standoffs.

That being said, I'm sure your family will have a very nice family dinner tonight...

Hahahaha I'm debating whether or not I wanna stick around for that tonight. But I may as well just to make sure things don't get outta hand....
frown.gif

Is SJ on Quarter or Semester? If it's on Quarter, your bro might want to try for winter? That way you dont lose out on too much, he'll just be 1/3behind instead of 1/2.

Ya thats what I meant with applying for Spring...... But either way he would need to completely re-apply and re-take the SATs...... bottomline is the kid is adummy for this one.

why dont he just go to community college for 2 years and go to a better university? probably meant to happen. maybe instead of sjsu he was destined for cal.

You can try calling admissions and see if there is anything that can be done at all. Just try and have a reeeeeeeeally good reason ready.

Originally Posted by West2East

You can try calling admissions and see if there is anything that can be done at all. Just try and have a reeeeeeeeally good reason ready.

naw its funny cuz one of his classmates did the exact same thing and they got shot down.
SJSU is so impacted that the second they were able to get rid of applicants they handed those kid's spot out to others on waiting list...
frown.gif

Speaking of,

has anyone ever appealed a scholarship?

I need to think of what to say/do about appealing the scholarship that I lost this past semester.
nerd.gif
frown.gif

^hmmmm we'll see I'll try to get my brother to do that.

Luckily he found an old email from Sac State (FTL) saying he has till Friday May 22nd to accept their invite or whatev.....so hopefully it all works out

Back
Top Bottom