NT, What is your NBA All-2000s team?

Originally Posted by shoeking2101

I think TD,Shaq,Kobe,AI, and even KG are all staples.

Discussion: Why JKidd over AI in some of you guy's list?
nobody wants to leave the best point guard of the past decade off their list.

Originally Posted by Drunken Cow

If all players were 100% healthy at prime

Jkidd
Kobe
Tmac
KG
Shaq
T-Mac and no Duncan
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

im sorry but bron bron shouldnt be cracking a starting 5 on this decade team

Mine.....

Jason Kidd
Kobe Bryant
Kevin Garnett
Tim Duncan
Shaquille O'Neal

Originally Posted by CalvinJohnson

1st--------2nd-------3rd

Shaq>>>Yao>>>Amare
Dwight gets left off...So does Ben Wallace...

Duncan>>>Dirk>>>Garnett
Sorry KG fans...ill take Dirks offense over KG and his Defense...

Lebron>>>TMac>>> Pierce

Kobe>>>Iverson>>> D Whistle

Kidd>>>Billups>>>>Nash(Billups has been more consistent...Nash wasnt that good in Dallas)
Tony Parker, CP3 not enough...

My list is probably flawed but this was kinda quick

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

read the damn title... DECADE

wow im shocked..

LEBRON
KOBE
KG
DUNCAN
SHAQ

i know i left Kidd off but please, he couldnt sniff the careers of the 5 on my list.

IM not worried about exact positions, just put out the best 5 possible, theyll get it done.

bron is like KIDD on roids anyway, with a much better jumper..

Duncan, Shaq, and Kobe aren't debatable...

And really, Kidd probably isn't either... Only real case for anyone else is Iverson...

The only spot up for grabs is the other forward spot... LeBron, Garnett, Dirk, maybe McGrady (though he's a long shot behind any of these three for me)...

Originally Posted by jerseymizzle

Originally Posted by pr0phecy718

with Lebron in this decade's team, it's kinda like saying Jordan should be in the 80's team instead of the 90's team
ohwell.gif

Lebron will accomplish more in the next decade, that's a definite
but it's the best players of the decade...not the best decade of the players.

top of my head best example is jerry rice. wouldn't he be on the 80's and 90's teams?
i'm not saying lebron should be on the list but people are certainly free to argue it.

yea but lebron only started playing "EXTRA AMAZING" basketball 2006. Thats going to be 4 years MAXIMUM that he can be the BEST at his position

This decade started in the year 2000. you cannot juts ignore the first 6 years and leave the likes of 1) KG 2) Tmac off because when lebron was a sophmore inhigh school, these guys were running the league (and some of them still are, KG (as much as i Hate his guts he was teh defending champion)

Duncan obviously makes it, leaving us with 1 forward position available and a toss up between KG, TMAC AND LEBRON but like i said, KG has been around andplaying MVP style ball since year 2000. experience wins.

1st team

G-Kidd
G-Kobe
F-LeBron
F-Duncan
C-Shaq

2nd Team
G-Iverson
G-Wade
F-KG
F-Dwight
C-Yao

reserve - McGrady, Dirk (sorry Nash)

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

And really, Kidd probably isn't either... Only real case for anyone else is Iverson...

The only spot up for grabs is the other forward spot... LeBron, Garnett, Dirk, maybe McGrady (though he's a long shot behind any of these three for me)...
Pretty much.

Thinking back on it more... I'm not really too against LeBron being on that all decade list. Yeah he didn't play 2000-2002, but 2003 on he has beenamong the best Forwards in the game FROM THE GET-GO. Garnett and Dirk have been doing their thing all decade, but LBJ has took it to another level the pastthree years. It's really dependent on how you want to look at things.

The only spot up for grabs is the other forward spot... LeBron, Garnett, Dirk, maybe McGrady (though he's a long shot behind any of these three for me)..
Agreed

i would also may have Billups, dude has pretty much lead his teams to conference finals the last 7 years i believe
embarassed.gif
and of course a ring and finals MVP

i agree with everything you said, but one could argue that AI has a case vs Kidd... Iverson DOES have an MVP, Kidd does not.

and the gap between AI and Kidd's scoring ability is greater than the gap between Kidd and AIs playmaking ability.

i agree that you just can't leave Kidd off. but AI has an argument.

Originally Posted by DOWNTOWN43

i agree with everything you said, but one could argue that AI has a case vs Kidd... Iverson DOES have an MVP, Kidd does not.

and the gap between AI and Kidd's scoring ability is greater than the gap between Kidd and AIs playmaking ability.

i agree that you just can't leave Kidd off. but AI has an argument.

Well that's what I'm saying. Both have been to a finals this decade, with both losing to the lakers (even though A.I. had one of the best finalsperformances in history) and kidd even went there twice. But with that being said, AI has at least a couple seasons in this decade where he has topped 30 ppgand 7 ast. Peep A.I.'s 00-01 season, or his 04-05 season, or even his 05-06 season and you will see why he should be a staple. Not saying that kiddisn't a staple, but imo not over A.I. Iverson has done more.

Oh, and this thread was started because the nba is going to possibly make an all decade team next year
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom