NT, what is your passion? Are you doing your passion or on your way to doing it?

My passion is driving/racing. Ever since I was 5 years old, all I ever wanted to be when I grew up was a NASCAR driver. I guess by the time I got to JHS, I figured that would never happen and I kind of got away from my dream. And now I'm here 21 and that 5 year old kid with his big dream is back and I really want to pursuit it (I think I made a thread about that already). Honestly if I were making minimum wage, racing every weekend, then I would be 1000 times more happier.

Im in college studying to be a therapist, but is like, thats not REALLY my passion and I feel as though Im cheating myself if I dont go after what it is that I really want to do.

So yea guys, what is your TRUE passion? And are you doing that passion or working toward it?

I think its really really sad when people dont follow their dreams, no matter what they are and I guess are stuck doing something they dont really like. I also find it even more sad when people try to shoot down someone else's dream. You have to look at it this way, you at least tried to fulfill your dream and if you failed then, oh well, at least you tried. But you might also succeed. So you have to at least try, or else youll look back at your life and be like damn, I wish I wouldve tried this and that, but now its too late.

Cooking. In school and got plenty of job offers already working I'm a 4 star restaurant.

My hobby is graphic design. Its like a new girl you are @%+$+#+ with. Its fun for now but then you realize its going no where. Do you keep going or stop playing games. Im graduating this year with a degree in Graphic Design, hopefully i get my %+$% together.

I secretly want to be an voice actor or radio personality

This might turn into one of the realest threads in a while here.

Alot people aren't mentally strong enough to follow there dreams. To truly acheive something great it takes great work ethic and a "never quit" attitude.  Honestly, not alot of people are willing to give what is required.  They want things to be easy or given to them.  A sense of entitlement ruins too many people.  I see it all the time. 

To answer the question tho.  Yes I follow my passion to be a professional basketball player and trainer.  I've had to make alot sacrifices and battle with certain decisions on a daily basis.  I've had full blown arguments with my parents.  At the end of the day I'm doing what makes me happy and when I'm an old man I'll be satisfied with my life.

Originally Posted by INS

My hobby is graphic design. Its like a new girl you are @%+$+#+ with. Its fun for now but then you realize its going no where. Do you keep going or stop playing games. Im graduating this year with a degree in Graphic Design, hopefully i get my %+$% together.

I secretly want to be an voice actor or radio personality
I mean obviously, if it isnt going anywhere, then there is no point in continuing. My point is that people should at least pursuit their dreams/passions. Some things just arent meant to be, however somethings are. You'll never know unless you try.

Originally Posted by MPLSdunk

Cooking. In school and got plenty of job offers already working I'm a 4 star restaurant.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

In my eyes dude, you're successful. I mean of course there's a higher ceiling, but you've at least got your foot in the door. Keep it up man. I wish you nothing but the best 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

My passion is music, I play the keyboard and make beats. I need a vocal coach to better my singing...
I'm still pursuing it, my parents heavily dislike it but recently, my mother gave me a guitar as a gift. I take that as a sign to continue what I'm doing.

Props to all you people who are making a career out of your guys' passion. Moving into the basement of your parents' home and working overtime to live paycheck to paycheck at a side job takes balls. Snowboarding is my passion, but a job in the snow sports industry most likely won't lead to a comfortable living. I've toyed with the idea of running my own business after I become financially secure, maybe a board shop or snowboard goods company. Hopefully the economy will shape up by then.

Originally Posted by sw00shm4n

Snowboarding is my passion, but a job in the snow sports industry most likely won't lead to a comfortable living.
this exactly

Dancing. Popping to be exact Ive been in it for three years and love it, I think it is the purest form of expression. I am currently am in graduate school working on my other passion social work. My plan is that in two years move to the popping capital of the US Los Angeles to compete and also be a PhD student at USC. Hopefully I will be able to compete and teach this dance all over the world and also implement a ground breaking social welfare program that can be duplicated in every ghetto nationally and internationally.
Like my Favorite Dancer Hozin says:

Keep movin

Keep Doin

Keep Tryin

I love computers. Everything about them. Repairing, programming, shopping haha. I took half the A+ and am dying for a computer related job. If anyone in Miami has something let me know lol. I'm majoring in computer engineering. My dream job is working for a Cell Phone manufacturer designing and building them. I'm just not the best at math but trying to get over it. Thanks.

Anything where I can express my creativity. Fashion, Graphics, Industrial Design, etc. I've even had ideas for a music video and a video game.
laugh.gif
I also REALLY want to get into business; all kinds, especially a restaurant. I'm gonna to be going to school for Graphic Design next year. I'm hoping to meet some people that share the same passion and have a similar work ethic as me so I can kick start a few of the ventures I want to get into. I'm young but I feel like I should have something started by now, but all I have is these ideas, and without the means of producing those ideas, they're pretty much useless.
tired.gif

I want to be one of those Top Gear guys. Getting paid to screw around with exotic cars the average man will never own
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Supremacy

I want to be one of those Top Gear guys. Getting paid to screw around with exotic cars the average man will never own
pimp.gif

Me too. I would LOOOOOVE to do something like that, but I hate writing (you would have to be a journalist I think to get into that
tired.gif
)

Baseball. Been playing since I was 3, now 22, played college ball in the states before coming back to PR. Playing and coaching baseball is something I feel I'll never get tired of.

Biology snuck in there, too.

basketball. I'll hoop until my legs break with the intentions of going making the big leagues.

Originally Posted by sw00shm4n

Originally Posted by kilojules64

Physics is my passion and I'd say I'm on my way
pimp.gif
I envy folks like you.
tired.gif
This x10000000, being good at math + science and actually liking it, congrats 2 you jules.

Me: I secretly  want this guy's job.  
Spoiler [+]

Music, just the idea of creating something from scratch. working out every detail,fixing every little imperfection, making it the way YOU want it to sound
then presenting to people and seeing/hearing their satisfaction knowing YOU made it. its the best feeling in the world
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom