NT, What's The Best Way To Get Stuff Back From An Old Friend?

Yo NT. So in some of my HS years, I was in a band with my then best friend and a few others. We weren't really serious--we never played a show. But I did end up getting some decent equipment, including a decent combo bass amp. We practiced over his house a lot, so I ended up leaving it over there all of the time. After we stopped really playing, I kinda forgot about it and left it over there, where I'm assuming it still resides today.
Anyway, I remembered it this morning and looked up how much the same model costs now, just for %%#!@ and giggles.. and turns out it's an almost $500 amp. I don't even remember it being that expensive. Right now I'm in college, every penny counts, and all of a sudden getting this amp back and bartering/selling it sounds really appetizing. My only hang up is that dude and I have stopped really hanging out. We're not on a bad note or anything, but we just lost touch and I never really made attempts to restore our friendship because I was getting into other things. 

So basically, what's a good way to ask for the amp back while avoiding hanging out? Not gonna lie, I kinda dodge my older friends. I have about 4 people from high school that I consistently kick it with, and the rest of my people are newer friends I've made outside of HS... hanging out with HS people is just really awkward for me, have nothing in common with most of them. I just want the amp back to see what I can get for it and keep it moving. Thanks NT. 

Ask for it.
Steal it.
If he lives with family ask them to get it.
Ask another friend to get it.
Ask for it, if they want to hang out flake.

Be honest, keep it real, let him kno times is rough and you want your amp back to pay off some things. If you guys were good friends in the past he should understand. To avoid hanging out just say you are really busy and not sure if you will have any free time

Just be straight up.  I just got a truck load of things from a former friend across the country I haven't spoken to in two years.  What's the worst that can happen.....he says....no? 

Well for one you aren't sure if he still has possession of it. Secondly, there's really no way to go about it smoothly. This isn't picking up chicks at the club. You just have to be straight up and say you want it back but don't mention the financial implications. 

I would hit him up and ask if he still has it. Refer to it as "my amp"
If he says yes then there you go.

nas-mask.gif

Not sure if serious. It's your amp. Get it back.

"Can I get my amp back, please?"

"No."

Then knock him out.

Contact him and ask for it back. Its yours so it shouldn't be a problem unless dude isn't a stand up guy.

Originally Posted by gaseousfashion

"I'm considering starting a new band, I need my amp to practice to see if I'm still any good."

"
nerd.gif
can i join old friend?
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
"

Back
Top Bottom