NT whats the general consensus on Vol 1. In My Lifetime?

i abhor this album.

like yo, it actually angers me. some albums suck so bad that you just laugh or have no emotion toward it, but this album actually causes anger in me. i cantjust calmly take it out the cd player , i simply must throw it across the room.

the only reason i keep listenin to it is cuz of threads like these that make me think im missin out, which could possible be the case cuz it angers me so muchthat i cannot tolerate a thorough listening session.

you're not missing out on anything, this album sucks.

5/14 = F

the production on this joint is lust flat out garbage, you have to be jays biggest fan to listen to this record and say it's a four out of five album.

Originally Posted by DearWinter219

Umm... Whatever Cake said, NO! I'm With It

grin.gif

album came out at a different time, so of course people are going to hate. I'm old enough to remember buying it when it came out, and it was unreal backthen. So it will always be a classic to me.

Originally Posted by Dapper D

U see...this mixed reaction just confuses me...

laugh.gif
...but yo - there are only like 3 or 4 Jay albums thateverybody agrees on.

The rest are up in the air (like me really lovin' Kingdom Come).

Originally Posted by ILL LEGAL OPERATION

Originally Posted by Dapper D

U see...this mixed reaction just confuses me...

laugh.gif
...but yo - there are only like 3 or 4 Jay albums that everybody agrees on.

The rest are up in the air (like me really lovin' Kingdom Come).

laugh.gif
I like Kingdom come to...

2md52y8.jpg

4gkly.jpg

2s94wf6.jpg

1zfrccj.jpg

and life expectancy so low...

Personal classic for me too.

They were making their wills at 18

hands down his best song period imo

Where from how you get rid of guys, who step outta line...ya rep solidifies

SO TELL ME....WHEN I RAP, YOU THINK I GIVE A F_ WHO CRITICIZE?

May God strike him
And I got question are you forgiving guys who live just like him?
We need to know
One day I prayed to you and said
"If I Ever Blow I'll Let Em' Know The Stakes & Exactly What Takes Place In The Ghetto"
Promise Fulfilled...

I've always thought it was a decent album. There are some flat-out classic tracks, but there's a lot of junk as well. It's definitely the moststreet out of all of his joints.

I'd probably put it as his 6th best album...

laugh.gif
damn Cake...

Cage you don't underestand, this is one of my favorite songs of this genre EVER!!!

I can't tell you how many times I've zone out to this every bar eliciting a memory aligned with the line.

Its right up there for me with Me Against The World, Juicy, Black Girl Lost, and Memory Lane for me.

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

laugh.gif
damn Cake...

Cage you don't underestand, this is one of my favorite songs of this genre EVER!!!

I can't tell you how many times I've zone out to this every bar eliciting a memory aligned with the line.

Its right up there for me with Me Against The World, Juicy, Black Girl Lost, and Memory Lane for me.

I can dig it.

pimp.gif

I must not be listening to the same thing as some of y'all.

I can see maybe 3 songs that knock the album down a couple notches ("I Know What Girls Like", "Sunshine", & "The City IsMine"), but the other 11 are nothing short of excellent.

Originally Posted by WE GET LIVE

I can see maybe 3 songs that knock the album down a couple notches ("I Know What Girls Like", "Sunshine", & "The City Is Mine"), but the other 11 are nothing short of excellent.

f9225a64c171c8f4553ada350ca09cecdc22da7.gif

^
laugh.gif

I've heard a lot of people say they don't like that track which is why I said "maybe 3 songs". I personally like it, I just wanted togiveyself some room for error.

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

Originally Posted by WE GET LIVE

I can see maybe 3 songs that knock the album down a couple notches ("I Know What Girls Like", "Sunshine", & "The City Is Mine"), but the other 11 are nothing short of excellent.

f9225a64c171c8f4553ada350ca09cecdc22da7.gif
What is this gif mean? I always see people use it when people say dumb +%%%. Does it mean "get outta here"?

Back
Top Bottom