NT, what's up with the promiscuity of ur generation?

iblink

Banned
It seems as though there's a huge disregard for legit relationships in our generation. It's become more common for young people to skip the courtship and hop straight to the sex. I'm not trying to act holier than thou, because I too have had my hand in debauchery. But I stand back and look at myself and the people around me, and I just see this nonchalance about sex. Even in the media, it's a lack of importance placed on relationships. From songs like "Goin steady" and "Promiscuous girl" that downplay relationships, to shows like Jersey Shore that depicts these guys "smooshing" random girls who are, by now I assume, well aware that their smash and dash actions will be televised. I don't know, it just seems as if most people just don't give a damn.

Humans, like many other animals, have the evolutionary drive to engage in sexual intercourse. Additionally, not everyone views relationships the same way.

Not my business and don't care about anyone's promiscuous ways, but what worries me is people being irresponsible about it by not having safe sex. The rise in STDs is baffling and astoundingly scary.

Blame television/media. I just watched this that spoke on this. Go to 1:30 mark. Mae West, Monroe, are said to start this madness.

It's been like that for a long time, it's just that increasing media/technology makes it that more acceptable.

Don't blame the media.
We're human!
We all have needs/wants.
I have friends that are virgins, & have friends that have been around the block a couple times.
Everyone has a different life style, let them live it the way they want.

People are just doing what they've always wanted, people are more open about what they do so now its the norm.

The scary thing is that HIV/AIDS rates are rising. I don't care if you go around and smash but at least protect yourself and the next person you sleep with.

People nowadays have a god complex until they visit the clinic. It's to the point people are afraid to get tested but still continue to smash.

!%%! is backwards.

Originally Posted by The Natural Mystic

The scary thing is that HIV/AIDS rates are rising. I don't care if you go around and smash but at least protect yourself and the next person you sleep with.

People nowadays have a god complex until they visit the clinic. It's to the point people are afraid to get tested but still continue to smash.

!%%! is backwards.

Yup.

I find that it tends to be mostly men who look at you crazy when you ask them if they can get tested before you fool around or get it on. Just a couple of months ago an NTer posted an article about a strain of Gonnorhea that is resistant to drugs and they are worried this will become an epidemic.

It is no joke.

How many people use protection for oral sex even?

That is the problem I have with promiscuity when using no protection, exposing more people to more diseases and spreading it more around.

Strap up kids.

It's what the media & society portray as "cool". It's only gonna get worse from here on out.

Imagine what high schoolers & middle schoolers are doing now
sick.gif
. I don't even wanna know.
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by RKO2004

Originally Posted by balloonoboy

Progression/Regression

How are you meaning this? Just wanna be sure before cosigning.
America was very conservative up to about a century ago. Women weren't allowed to vote, men had to own land, colored people didn't have any rights. After the Civil Rights Movement/WWII, people were allowed to explore their freer side, so to speak. Drug use and promiscuity was on the rise. After some legislation to cull the usage of such drugs and to educate the masses on the effects of unprotected sex, media outlets started to be conservative again. The rebellious nature of humans being as it is, many people tried to circumvent these sanctions and again starting expressing themselves. With the advent of the digital age, this self-expression has been able to cultivate itself much quicker and spread at a more alarming rate than before. There are numerous sites dedicated to broadcasting one's self, whether it be via text, video, or audio, or the combination of all. Not all of this material is specifically PG or PG-13 (another topic), but the point is that the vehicle is there. All someone has to do is buy a camera and press upload. People can still hide behind the cloak of anonymity, but being in an environment with like-minded individuals makes it easier to forget about their inhibitions, further harvesting that sexual appetite. Since the government can't quell every offense, they've become very lax in a lot of arenas. Networks used to never show any form of sexual interaction, but now that and most explicitives are broadcasted every minute of the day. Making it 'okay' to be like the Situation and just have sex, without consequences.

So, we have progressed out of the conservative doldrums of yesteryear, but we've indirectly regressed back to the times of chaos and bedlam, where there wasn't a consequence for our sexual actions.

promiscuity isnt anything new. it's been around since the beginning of time. people are quick to blame the media when in reality the media is just doing a better job of not censoring that aspect of life.

what is wrong with it? we humans are sexual beings.. 
you want to revert back to medieval days OP? steel panties and all?

Originally Posted by thegoat121886

promiscuity isnt anything new. it's been around since the beginning of time. people are quick to blame the media when in reality the media is just doing a better job of not censoring that aspect of life.

i say be safe about sex because you know the risk you have from having unprotected sex and ima say use some condoms until you find someone you can trust to have sex without a condom and ummm just be careful and dont forget because you can slip

Originally Posted by RKO2004

Progression/Regression

How are you meaning this? Just wanna be sure before cosigning.
America was very conservative up to about a century ago. Women weren't allowed to vote, men had to own land, colored people didn't have any rights. After the Civil Rights Movement/WWII, people were allowed to explore their freer side, so to speak. Drug use and promiscuity was on the rise. After some legislation to cull the usage of such drugs and to educate the masses on the effects of unprotected sex, media outlets started to be conservative again. The rebellious nature of humans being as it is, many people tried to circumvent these sanctions and again starting expressing themselves. With the advent of the digital age, this self-expression has been able to cultivate itself much quicker and spread at a more alarming rate than before. There are numerous sites dedicated to broadcasting one's self, whether it be via text, video, or audio, or the combination of all. Not all of this material is specifically PG or PG-13 (another topic), but the point is that the vehicle is there. All someone has to do is buy a camera and press upload. People can still hide behind the cloak of anonymity, but being in an environment with like-minded individuals makes it easier to forget about their inhibitions, further harvesting that sexual appetite. Since the government can't quell every offense, they've become very lax in a lot of arenas. Networks used to never show any form of sexual interaction, but now that and most explicitives are broadcasted every minute of the day. Making it 'okay' to be like the Situation and just have sex, without consequences.

So, we have progressed out of the conservative doldrums of yesteryear, but we've indirectly regressed back to the times of chaos and bedlam, where there wasn't a consequence for our sexual actions.
happy.gif

Back
Top Bottom