NT, whats up with young heads today?

So I'm 29 and my brother is 19. He just graduated high school last year in a different state and wanted to see something different so I let him come live with me and go to school.

Now its only been a few weeks but I'm thinking about putting him out. Dude doesn't have job yet but IMO he isn't grinding the way he should be to get one. There are over 130 businesses within a 3 mile radius from where we live, they vary from fast food to retail so dude has no excuses.

The kicker is dude is suppose to be in school, his first semester he lived with my sister for 4 months and never got a job but he also failed half his classes. Now I let slide him on that because college was rough for me but I pretty much had a full time job my whole college career.

Also its not like dude is a goon and is out in these streets or what not he is just lazy. I don't know if its a lack of confidence or what.

Most of NT is around his age so I have to know is this whats hot in the streets now or what? I've a damn job since I was 15 and where we live the economy is actually booming.

I mean yeah... some of the younger heads out here are lazy and don't want to work in a !*+$%$+ pie factory (my boy has a brother that age that lives at home and on top of that treats his mother like #+#!),but hey... that's something that you have to talk to him about.See where his head is.
Have you?

Originally Posted by Ruxxx

I mean yeah... some of the younger heads out here are lazy and don't want to work in a !*+$%$+ pie factory (my boy has a brother that age that lives at home and on top of that treats his mother like #+#!),but hey... that's something that you have to talk to him about.See where his head is.
Have you?

I work a lot so I haven't been home enough to see if he's really grinding, however everyday I come home for lunch dude is playing Xbox.

Originally Posted by SneakerPro

Have you?

I work a lot so I haven't been home enough to see if he's really grinding, however everyday I come home for lunch dude is playing Xbox.

Man you gotta take some time out to see what the deal is with the kid.Does he have any kind of interests/hobbies (OTHER than playing XBox)?

how can I say this... um where are his parents? Kids need guidance. They arent going to do it on their own. expecting him to be motivated is kinda silly, when he has no reason to. If he had guidance and better help, maybe he'd have figured school out and done better in it. But you just cant leave him alone to figure stuff out.

Originally Posted by SneakerPro

Have you?

Man you gotta take some time out to see what the deal is with the kid.Does he have any kind of interests/hobbies (OTHER than playing XBox)?

Honestly man, no but when I was his age neither did I outside of smashing everything that moves but what trips me out is that dude ain't even thirsty for #%!$$% like that.

Like socially dude is cool with just sitting in the crib all day. I want him to get a job so he can meet people.

If he's going to stay home, he should at least put the time to use by educating himself. Sitting around playing Xbox all day isn't working out his brain at all so in my eyes, he is killing himself slowly. You should have a talk with him before taking an action which could probably damage him more. And when I say have a talk, I mean found out what's going on, be an ear more than the speaker, ask questions. Give him a chance to express himself and pay attention to what he says and how he says it. I think from there you can get a good grasp as to how you could help the situation as the older, more wise figure. 
pimp.gif

There are lazy people in every generation man...not just his. Personally whenever an older person comes at me with the whole "your generation blah blah blah" shpiel I usually tune em out regardless cuz that $*%* is tired. Just make sure he realizes that these are very crucial years in determining future habits and lifestyles. I'd also ask him what he did at the end of each day to further himself. Eventually you'll be able to gauge what hes doing wrong

Originally Posted by blakep267

how can I say this... um where are his parents? Kids need guidance. They arent going to do it on their own. expecting him to be motivated is kinda silly, when he has no reason to. If he had guidance and better help, maybe he'd have figured school out and done better in it. But you just cant leave him alone to figure stuff out.

This is what I can't figure out. Our Dad told me the day summer vacation started when I was 15 I had to get a job.

School is hard for him due to a slight learning disability so he didn't have to work during high school.

You must be the d to his offensive line of lazyness.(paws)

Let him know that in the real world no one is famb,no one cares if you dont have what you need .you must get what you want on your own bruh. Aint no handouts in life,Choppas only thing free.
laugh.gif

dont let him play xbox until he gets a job and dont give him money and keep nagging him about getting a job. 

Sounds like he is living a life without consequences.
Failed out of college? Living with family? No job?

I'd be lazy too if everyone was there to pick up the pieces for me. 

Damn, it's like you described my brother.
laugh.gif

My brother's 18, going to college but he won't get a job. He just plays Xbox all day when he doesn't have class. He doesn't even have a license yet!
roll.gif

When I turn 16 next January, I'm going to the DMV on my birthday, then look for a job. You're only young for so long.
pimp.gif

He didn't graduate until he was 19, what exactly were you expecting out of him? You can't live his life for him. The least you could do is inspired him to want to do better. He sound like he has no drive, so it honestly doesn't sound like he'd be willing to keep a job either. Ask that man what he plans on doing in both the short and long term. Otherwise you have a bum on your hands.

For real, theres nothing better than staying home all day not doing anything but playing XBOX and fapping to your favorite pronstars.

Spoiler [+]
I kid, I actually have two jobs at the moment. But yes, for the most part most of my generation is incredibly lazy. But why should they get a job and grow up when they always have parents to fall back on? Let him know you'll give him a couple more months rent free but he has to get a job and or go to school or you'll have to start charging him rent.

You "older heads" are annoying with your generalizing $#@ statements.

How about you, as an "older head" go talk to him and voice your concerns with him. Let him know that if he wants to stay with you, he needs to get a job and do better in school. That simple. If he doesn't comply, scare him and tell him he has a few weeks to leave.

Drive around and look for Now Hiring signs. Then call him and tell him where to go. It'll push him and at the same time show him you care. Now about school. I always had trouble in "state" schools and CCs but when I found the Art Institutes everything changed. For me footwear design is my passion but Im sure he has one too and theres gotta be a school out there for it. He really just has to want it.

Goodluck op

Damn I tought my brother in law was the only lazy modafu.... Around. He's 20, didn't graduate from HS, doesn't wanna go to school, no job, plays Xbox all day, dude pisses me the fuc... Off. But the worst part is that his parents don't do shss about it. They just say "oh, u can't pressure him because he will feel bad and we don't want him to do anything crazy". Get the fu.. Out of here with that. Man when I was 16, I had a job nd ever since. Seriously though, some parents are way to soft, thats why their kids are like this. My wife well knows what I think about him, she agrees with me nd everything, but there's nothing I could do about it. I know if it was my kid... He would of been gone, but shss it is what it is

OP, I know exactly what you are talking about. Something is definitely wrong with younger people today. I won't say young because we're not old, so I use younger lol. (I'm 30). It seems like this generation is the type to want the most reward for the least amount of work. They watch too much tv and the celebrities and think that life is easy, when they don't really know the lie being sold to them. It's pitiful. That being said, have a serious talk with your brother to see where his head is at. If it's not what you expect, give him the speech pops gave Craig from Friday. " 'Round here, you either work or go to school. First of the month rent is due, you don't have no money, you don't have to worry about catching a dog. You gotta worry about a dog catchin' yo' $+!"
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom