NT, Whats your opinion on this?

So my step brother (whom i don't really care for) smokes weed all the time. When i'm chillin at home he always comes home from school with friends andthey smoke here. I got tired of it and told him not to bring that stuff here. He seemed to respect that for a couple weeks. Then it started up again and i gotfed up and told him to tell everyone they had to leave or I would go tell em. Then they left. Now idc if he smokes weed. He is an idiot already (not that pplwho smoke are idiots), but when he brings it back to the house, that's when it becomes my buisness because i can care less where else he does it. Now NT,how do you view this? Am i being a party pooper or am I doing the right thing?

Sounds like you're pickin' a fight for no reason.

You said that it becomes your problem, but you didn't say why?

Are you allergic? Do they stink up the house? Are they breakin' stuff?

grin.gif
Let him do what he wants...

I don't know man. If it's a multi-tenant living arrangement, you have to respect the house.

You're completely justified when you ask your brother not to do all that stuff in your house.

even though i understand where youre coming from.. unless theyre doing it inside.. i think you should just look the other way

Originally Posted by Nawth21

you going to tattle to your parents?
laugh.gif

Would you rather let them smoke at your house?

Or smoke somewhere else, and possibly get in trouble with the police?

Does he blow it in your face? If it were a cig would you still have a problem? If hes in his room with a towel around the door i dont see the problem. Let him"screw up" his own life. You sound like you need to take a toke.

Originally Posted by Bastitch

I don't know man. If it's a multi-tenant living arrangement, you have to respect the house.

You're completely justified when you ask your brother not to do all that stuff in your house.
I mean, yeah you should respect whoever else your living with's wishes, but conversely, you shouldn't be laying down rules without anykind of reason.

Originally Posted by ItsGettinHot

When someone has marijuana all those who are on the lease are also guilty of possession.

Just like if someone has weed in the car, everyone has it. Doesn't matter who owns up to it.

I mean, yeah you should respect whoever else your living with's wishes, but conversely, you shouldn't be laying down rules without any kind of reason.

Any reason?

Living around a person using and in possession of an illegal drug and not condoning it is completely reasonable. I smoke weed (well I would be smoking if Iwasn't on TASC), and I would never compromise another person if they felt uncomfortable with my drug use.

Originally Posted by SneakerHeathen

I mean, yeah you should respect whoever else your living with's wishes, but conversely, you shouldn't be laying down rules without any kind of reason.

Any reason?

Living around a person using and in possession of an illegal drug and not condoning it is completely reasonable. I smoke weed (well I would be smoking if I wasn't on TASC), and I would never compromise another person if they felt uncomfortable with my drug use.

That's exactly what I'm talking about.

People walk around like they're so entitled, as if to say "I'm not blowing it in your face, why should you care?"

Well, it's illegal. And if it makes someone uncomfortable in their own house, you should at least try to sympathize.

I know way too many people that smoke, and most of them would ask if it's okay to even spark one anywhere on my property. It's just common courtesy.

When someone has marijuana all those who are on the lease are also guilty of possession.

Just like if someone has weed in the car, everyone has it. Doesn't matter who owns up to it.

i swear you sound like one of those anti-marijuana commercials.
and idk if you've ever had any experience with the law or basing your facts off what you saw on law & order but in the state of FL whoever mans up forthe stuff is the one who gets arrested and i know cause i had see my boy get locked up last month and i was stuck with no ride cause he was the one driving.

and i've seen plenty of episodes of DEA where there 2x year olds get busted with whatever on em and they find more stuff at the parents house cause thatswhere they live. not once have the adults even been threatned let alone arrested.

and OP you sound salty for no reason, state why it's such a problem.

I am almost 20 and he is 18. He is already ruining his life and like i said, i don't really like the guy. I been "looking the other way" forawhile now. I never told my dad or his mom and don't plan on snitching b/c i already know its gonna catch up to him. I just don't like the fact that hethinks he can do whatever he whats because he's 18. We still live at home with parents and he should just respect the house and do it else where.Also idon't like having random people over at my house that i don't know. I'm not trying to make it like i'm better than him. Lots of people smokeweed, i'm just asking for him not to do it at our house.

*rolls blunt

Well i mean if it's not getting in your way, i say let him chief
If he's doing it in your living quarters, you have the right to be that way about it

But Weed FTW

tell your bro not to let his friends over to smoke in your house. i understand where you're coming from on this, but he makes his own decisions on smoking.it's probably better he smoke in the house then somewhere else or while in a car driving. if you don't smoke and him smoking in your house can'tbring suspicion from your parents that maybe you're smoking too, then let him be. i could see if you smoked in the house too and were worried that if yourbro and his friends kept smoking in the house and got caught it might be hot for you to smoke in your house now, but you don't smoke.

just compromise with him and tell him to step outside or in the backyard.
does it affect you in any way when they smoke?
i could see the problem if they cause problems while smoking but if not try and reach a mutual agreement where both parties are satisfied

Why dont you set him up like your parents already know to see how will he react. Then see if he changes. It aint cool when someone aint respecting your space.

Any reason?

Living around a person using and in possession of an illegal drug and not condoning it is completely reasonable. I smoke weed (well I would be smoking if I wasn't on TASC), and I would never compromise another person if they felt uncomfortable with my drug use.

That's exactly what I'm talking about.

People walk around like they're so entitled, as if to say "I'm not blowing it in your face, why should you care?"

Well, it's illegal. And if it makes someone uncomfortable in their own house, you should at least try to sympathize.

I know way too many people that smoke, and most of them would ask if it's okay to even spark one anywhere on my property. It's just common courtesy.
All true.

But OP hasn't said anything about any of that.

It sounds like he just has a grudge against his brother.

EDIT.

Originally Posted by JP310

I am almost 20 and he is 18. He is already ruining his life and like i said, i don't really like the guy. I been "looking the other way" for awhile now. I never told my dad or his mom and don't plan on snitching b/c i already know its gonna catch up to him. I just don't like the fact that he thinks he can do whatever he whats because he's 18. We still live at home with parents and he should just respect the house and do it else where.Also i don't like having random people over at my house that i don't know. I'm not trying to make it like i'm better than him. Lots of people smoke weed, i'm just asking for him not to do it at our house.
grin.gif

I win, Bastitch.

Make me a mod.

I don't like him ,but i don't have a grudge. It bothers me how he just brings people over to smoke and let's all these people walk through ourhouse. I know a couple of his friends and i'm cool with them, but that doesn't mean they don't have to respect my dads house. They either smoke inthe garage or the patio and sometimes i smell it,sometimes i don't. Mainly when they walk through the house is when i can smell it a lot. I guess i justdon't like keeping stuff from my dad. I have never told him about him bringing friends over and smoking. They kinda caught him smoking in his room once butidk what happened with that. His mom is weird and was in straight denial. When they are in the back i am worried that the neighbors might smell it and call thecops or something because they complain a lot. But who knows, He prolly does it when i'm gone too.

Edit: ItsGettinHot Point is he still lives at home so no matter the age he has got to respect the house.That's how i was raised. IDC if the dude is 25.

Back
Top Bottom