NT, when was the last time you've been scammed by someone/something?

hongcouver604

Banned
Joined May 2, 2011
Not gonna go into details but putting your trust in someone and having them turn around to cheat/scam you is one of the worst feelings... I feel violated and betrayed

How many times have u been scammed? For what, and how bad was it? Did you file a lawsuit?

Joined May 2, 2011
never scammed. Personally, i don't buy on Ebay, which is probably why I have never been scammed. Ebay is just a mess of fakes and scammers
I stick to trusted sites and ISSer's/NT'ers with ALOT of feedback.

Joined May 22, 2010
Originally Posted by JJ Jumpman 23

never scammed. Personally, i don't buy on Ebay, which is probably why I have never been scammed. Ebay is just a mess of fakes and scammers
I stick to trusted sites and ISSer's/NT'ers with ALOT of feedback.
your avy

Joined Jul 10, 2011
I bought tickets to the Currensy concert in April. His set was only 30 minutes and he had three hours of opening acts.

fog

Joined Aug 1, 2011
Already in cliffnotes:

-Got a call from a Gold's Gym on my university campus (UBC) saying a buddy from the gym put my name in a draw, and that I won a free 2 month membership (Which turned out to be a lie just to draw people in).
-I get the membership ($70), but decide to refund it within the first 10 days because I changed my mind (Already had another membership with a different gym).
-Canceling the membership was a pain in the +@%, even though it says that anyone can get a full refund within the first 10 days.
-I drive all the way to my campus just to sign a cancellation form and gave it to the guy who signed me up. He says I will get a full refund within a week or so.
-A week passes, and I receive nothing back. I call back, and they told me to call back in another 10 days.
-I keep calling, and eventually they said they lost my cancellation form.
-I ask for the guy who took my form, and they said he quit... I was like, what the fuuuuu..?
-Call for the last time, manager says they can't do anything, and I eventually gave up and decided to take the L.

Moral of the story: Nothing in life is free, and Gold's Gym is sketchy as +%%$.

Joined Oct 16, 2010
Also a gym story.

-Cancel within 3 days.
-Management gives me the run around over refund.
-Contact Attorney General, find out gym already has 30+ verdicts against them in small claims court that they simply refuse to pay.
UPDATE: Got my money back 

Joined Mar 1, 2009
I was scammed by Subway. For years I was eating the cold cut combo not knowing it's not actually ham and salami, but rather turkey based variants.

Top Bottom