NT, Who do y'all bank with?

Seems regular to me lol NFCU > USAA

USAAs car buying service is great though, just got a car for 6K off MSRP.
Yea I have to say that I am glad to see NFCU starting to pop up more in the VA and NoVA area. I wouldn't mind using them for FT for my banking and leave BoA alone as much as possible. 

My friend used the USAA car buying service they have and was crazy. He got a GMC Sierra from a dealership that was listed at like 48k or something and got it for 39k. It came murdered out, with a 3" lift and those big tires and all from the dealer 
nthat.gif

Yea I have to say that I am glad to see NFCU starting to pop up more in the VA and NoVA area. I wouldn't mind using them for FT for my banking and leave BoA alone as much as possible. 

My friend used the USAA car buying service they have and was crazy. He got a GMC Sierra from a dealership that was listed at like 48k or something and got it for 39k. It came murdered out, with a 3" lift and those big tires and all from the dealer 
nthat.gif
What area are you in? I have 3 NFCU's around me , but I rarely go into the branches. If I need cash I stop at 7/11 free ATM with NFCU.

Yeah my dad has been coming up on dealers for years with USAA's car buying service. He just got a loaded 2015 Camaro RS for 23K out the door last week.

What area are you in? I have 3 NFCU's around me , but I rarely go into the branches. If I need cash I stop at 7/11 free ATM with NFCU.

Yeah my dad has been coming up on dealers for years with USAA's car buying service. He just got a loaded 2015 Camaro RS for 23K out the door last week.
I am down south of Stafford a little bit. I work in Quantico, so I opened and go in that one if I ever needed anything. They built 2 more in the Fredericksburg area in past couple of years, so I am good for the most part around and about where I am. I forget about 7/11s having NFCU ATMs in them. I normally just hit a Wawa up when I need to go to a fee-free ATM. 

2015 Camaro for 23k?! 
eek.gif

My wife works for Freddie Mac and she just remembered that they have a similar program at her job for buying a car. She can get a fully loaded '15 Pathfinder that was stickered at like 47k for 38k going through her job and the true value program or whatever it is that they have. 

I am down south of Stafford a little bit. I work in Quantico, so I opened and go in that one if I ever needed anything. They built 2 more in the Fredericksburg area in past couple of years, so I am good for the most part around and about where I am. I forget about 7/11s having NFCU ATMs in them. I normally just hit a Wawa up when I need to go to a fee-free ATM. 

2015 Camaro for 23k?! 
eek.gif

My wife works for Freddie Mac and she just remembered that they have a similar program at her job for buying a car. She can get a fully loaded '15 Pathfinder that was stickered at like 47k for 38k going through her job and the true value program or whatever it is that they have. 
Oh okay yeah your further down south. There are more up here, richmond only has one branch hated that while I was in school.

Lol yup my dad couldn't believe it either. That freddie mac program sounds good too.

Oh okay yeah your further down south. There are more up here, richmond only has one branch hated that while I was in school.

Lol yup my dad couldn't believe it either. That freddie mac program sounds good too.
Yea they are all over up north. When I was at GMU, that was how I ended up with BoA. I had Union Bank (now Union First Market I believe) which was like the only bank in my town at the time, and so I got one more easily accessible. I used to go to Wal-Mart and when I got groceries or a soda or something and then do the cashback with them to get money 
laugh.gif

Checking - BOA

Savings - Discover

Auto loan - Patelco Credit Union

Credit cards - BOA, Chase, Discover, Amex

Last edited:
Lol there's no way Chase would make you have 15,000 or charge you a fee. Wasn't have too many customers

I have MCU and Chase

Chase for all my auto bill payments and quickpay

Nah buddy, it's $1,500 read the agreement. I specifically asked about the minimum balance to avoid the fee.
You're probably right  Just wanted to give you a heads up....  I'm probably missing something...

Per Chase... 

• IMPORTANT INFORMATION

[sup]1[/sup]Service Fee: Chase Premier Plus Checking[sup]SM[/sup]  has no Monthly Service Fee when you do at least one  of the following each statement period: Option #1: Keep an average daily balance of $15,000 or more in any combination of qualifying Chase checking, savings and other balances; OR, Option #2: Have automatic payments to your qualifying linked Chase mortgage from your Chase account. Payments set up through Online Bill Pay do not qualify. Mortgages must be in good standing and be first mortgages with servicing retained by Chase. Otherwise a $25 Monthly Service Fee will apply. We will notify you of changes to your account terms or fees. For more information, please see a banker or visit chase.com/checking.
  • Bonus/Account Information:  Offer not available to existing Chase checking customers, those with fiduciary accounts, or those whose accounts have been closed within 90 days or closed with a negative balance. To receive the bonus: 1)  Open a new Chase Premier Plus Checking account, which is subject to approval; 2)  Deposit $25 or more at account opening; AND 3)  Have your direct deposit made to this account within 60 days of account opening. Your direct deposit needs to be an electronic deposit of your paycheck, pension or government benefits (such as Social Security) from your employer or the government. After you have completed all the above requirements, we'll deposit the bonus in your new account within 10 business days. The Annual Percentage Yield (APY) effective as of 9/22/15, is 0.01% for all balances in all states. Interest rates are variable and may change. Additionally, fees may reduce earnings on the account. You can receive only one new checking account related bonus each calendar year and only one bonus per account. Bonus is considered interest and will be reported on IRS Form 1099-INT. 

[sup]2[/sup]  Account Closing: If the checking account is closed by the customer or Chase within six months after opening, we will deduct the bonus amount at closing.
  • [sup]3[/sup]  Chase QuickDeposit[sup]SM[/sup]:  is available for select mobile devices. Enroll in Chase Online[sup]SM[/sup]  and download the Chase Mobile[sup][emoji]174[/emoji][/sup]  App. Message and data rates may apply. Subject to eligibility and further review. Deposits are subject to verification and not available for immediate withdrawal. Deposit limits and other restrictions apply. See chase.com/QuickDeposit for details and eligible mobile devices.
  • [sup]4[/sup]  Chase QuickPay[sup]SM[/sup]: Enrollment required. Both parties need U.S. bank account; only one needs a Chase checking account. Transfers between Chase checking accounts will typically be available the same business day and not later than next business day after payment is accepted by recipient. Transfers from Chase checking to a non-Chase account typically take 1-2 business days after payment is accepted by recipient. Transfers from non-Chase account to a Chase checking typically take 4-5 business days after payment is accepted by recipient. Limitations may apply. Message and data rates may apply.

Last edited:
I bank with Chase. No complaints at all. Their fraud department is A1 if there's ever fraudulent activity on your account :nthat:

I wish I still banked with chase.
I bank with wells fargo now.
Not really a fan but they have a branch on campus so it is pretty convinient

You're probably right  Just wanted to give you a heads up....  I'm probably missing something...

Per Chase... 

• IMPORTANT INFORMATION

[sup]1[/sup]
    Service Fee: Chase Premier Plus Checking[sup]SM[/sup]
     has no Monthly Service Fee when you do at least one of the following each statement period: Option #1: Keep an average daily balance of $15,000 or more in any combination of qualifying Chase checking, savings and other balances; OR, Option #2: Have automatic payments to your qualifying linked Chase mortgage from your Chase account. Payments set up through Online Bill Pay do not qualify. Mortgages must be in good standing and be first mortgages with servicing retained by Chase. Otherwise a $25 Monthly Service Fee will apply. We will notify you of changes to your account terms or fees. For more information, please see a banker or visit chase.com/checking.
  • Bonus/Account Information: Offer not available to existing Chase checking customers, those with fiduciary accounts, or those whose accounts have been closed within 90 days or closed with a negative balance. To receive the bonus: 1) Open a new Chase Premier Plus Checking account, which is subject to approval; 2) Deposit $25 or more at account opening; AND 3) Have your direct deposit made to this account within 60 days of account opening. Your direct deposit needs to be an electronic deposit of your paycheck, pension or government benefits (such as Social Security) from your employer or the government. After you have completed all the above requirements, we'll deposit the bonus in your new account within 10 business days. The Annual Percentage Yield (APY) effective as of 9/22/15, is 0.01% for all balances in all states. Interest rates are variable and may change. Additionally, fees may reduce earnings on the account. You can receive only one new checking account related bonus each calendar year and only one bonus per account. Bonus is considered interest and will be reported on IRS Form 1099-INT. 

[sup]2[/sup]
     Account Closing: If the checking account is closed by the customer or Chase within six months after opening, we will deduct the bonus amount at closing.
  • [sup]3[/sup]
     Chase QuickDeposit[sup]SM[/sup]
    :
     is available for select mobile devices. Enroll in Chase Online[sup]SM[/sup]
     and download the Chase Mobile[sup][emoji]174[/emoji][/sup]
     App. Message and data rates may apply. Subject to eligibility and further review. Deposits are subject to verification and not available for immediate withdrawal. Deposit limits and other restrictions apply. See chase.com/QuickDeposit for details and eligible mobile devices.
  • [sup]4[/sup]
     Chase QuickPay[sup]SM[/sup]
    : Enrollment required. Both parties need U.S. bank account; only one needs a Chase checking account. Transfers between Chase checking accounts will typically be available the same business day and not later than next business day after payment is accepted by recipient. Transfers from Chase checking to a non-Chase account typically take 1-2 business days after payment is accepted by recipient. Transfers from non-Chase account to a Chase checking typically take 4-5 business days after payment is accepted by recipient. Limitations may apply. Message and data rates may apply.

thats the premier checking the total checking its 1500 ..there is more than one checking :rolleyes

Back
Top Bottom