NT whose wrong here: Roomate Situation vol. College

So I live in a house with 5 of my boys. One of them just found out he got suspended for the semester (4 months). So he will have to live at home and not pay rent. We can either
-give him back his deposit, and tell him to find a new place to live when he comes back (which most likely will end up not happening, and he'll be %$++%$ with nowhere to live Spring semester)
or...
-split his rent, which comes out to an extra $90

All of my roommates have parents that pay for the initial rent and also have jobs which can take care of the extra $90 (since they always go out to eat and buy stuff). But theyre not willing to pay the extra money for their boy. I only make about $300 a month and im willing to drop the extra money.

Im
mad.gif
, and its not just because i feel bad about the homie. Its cause I would be willing to do the same *+%! for them and I thought they would be willing to do the same for me. So whose right here NT? Arent "boys" supposed to have each others back like that, and would you do the same thing for one of your friends?

for $90, I would definitely cover one of my boys who I lived with. I guess if everybody else doesn't want to, I would ask him for his rent due even if he doesn't live there, but wants to come back when his suspension is up.

why won't your friends pay the extra? do they not like your boy?
and ... why can't he stay there for the 4 months?

Originally Posted by balloonoboy

Aint no hand holding in the real world.

this

im kinda confused tho...

by you guys payin his part of the rent are you 'holding' his spot in the house till he comes back?

i don't understand why he'd be screwed when he comes back...even if he cant stay with ya'll 4 months is plenty of time to find a new spot
laugh.gif

If you guys are all best friends than I don't see why they won't agree to pay $90...

but if you guys are just associates than hell I wouldn't pay either, idgaf who lives in the house, just find someone to pay the extra

so you guys are going to be spot holders? what is campus like? if he really can't find a place to stay, you guys should definitely just help him out.

I think you're overstating the friendship between them. If they were really boys then they'd cover the 90 no prob

I guess I'm just an *%% hole, or maybe I just work too hard for my money, but son would be assed out.

There's no reason why he can't continue to pay rent, or continue to live in the house just because he got suspended (unless he was dependent on FA/schollies and those were dependent on his good standing).

If anything he should get a job.

Why don't you try to find someone to temporarily sublet his room?
Maybe that only works in big cities like NYC, but craigslist would find someone for 4 months with the quickness here

I'll cover for him, but maybe your homies don't feel they have that type of relationship with him like you do.

Your situation makes no sense. Why are you guys (well just you) willing to COVER his rent? Just because he is out for 4 months doesn't mean he can't still live at the spot. If he uses financial aid to pay for his schooling and can't pay the rent, it is his responsibility to find someone to sublet the place to (you guys can help out). There really is no valid reason you guys should each pay an extra $90 for him tho. Doesn't make any sort of sense. The only way I could see the situation being even remotely rectified is if you all communally turn his room into another living room or something and everything is willing to pay an extra $90 to have it be something like that.

Originally Posted by YuraS718

Try subletting his room for the 4 months.
its pretty easy to find someone to sublet a room.

you just have to realize all of the risks that come along with doing that, esp. with strangers.

$90 between 4 people or 4 people pay an additional $90?

If it is split, your bros are wrong. If not, you are kind.

This. First off your boy was irresponsible for getting suspended in the first place and because of that he has to face the risk of him losing his spot in the house. You assuming that they should pay some of his portion is wrong. If he wants to live with you guys that bad next semester then he needs to pay to reserve his spot, that simple.

his parents don't want to pay for him to live in norcal (hes from socal) if hes not gonna even go to the university for the semester.

everyone in the house "claims" to be boys, but now im doubting that.

Originally Posted by carbon16

This. First off your boy was irresponsible for getting suspended in the first place and because of that he has to face the risk of him losing his spot in the house. You assuming that they should pay some of his portion is wrong. If he wants to live with you guys that bad next semester then he needs to pay to reserve his spot, that simple.
true. its a cold world outside thats why you need your friends and your family. im willing to #%%% over anybody to help the people i care about. maybe its just me, but i thought thats what friends are supposed to do.

Back
Top Bottom