NT - Why are we at War in Iraq? Vol. simple explanations please

I consider myself a very educated individual... I am a history teacher, and my brother in currently stationed in Kuwait...

In a few sentences I want to know what NT thinks in regards to...

a) why are we at war?
b) when will the war end?
c) what is the big picture of our current status as a country?

Knowledgeable responses only please
nerd.gif
   (all NT active/reserve military especially, and NT philosphy/political science majors please give input)

1.MONEY

2.COMPANYS

3. RUNNING OFF A OLD OUTDATED SYSTEM TO GET OUR POINT ACROSS INSTEAD OF MAKING PEACE AND SOLVING WOLRD-WIDE PROBLEMS AND NEVER USING MONEY AGAIN

....PRETTY MUCH

a) The answer we were given was to bring Democracy to the middle east. The real reason is that the government wanted to overthrow Sadaam because he wasn't working with us in our interests anymore.
b) Never. Or at least it wont end until we and our allies pull out of there. The terrorist cells will never give up.
c) What do you mean? How's our economy doing? What's our political outlook? What?

To keep it simple.

a) US wanted Saddam out of power and as long as he was alive it would never happen. How can I forget....oil.
b) whenever we want it.

Originally Posted by rayray3thousand

I consider myself a very educated individual... I am a history teacher, and my brother in currently stationed in Kuwait...

In a few sentences I want to know what NT thinks in regards to...

a) why are we at war?
b) when will the war end?
c) what is the big picture of our current status as a country?

Knowledgeable responses only please
nerd.gif
   (all NT active/reserve military especially, and NT philosphy/political science majors please give input)
a) The greed of big business
b) When big business has had their fill
c) We're def. not a democracy. More like a corporatocracy.

Originally Posted by Je Ne Sais Quoi

We're not at war.
We're just policing a country.

The war in Iraq is over. It has been over for sometime. Don't confuse occupying a country with being at war with them.

Originally Posted by yungchris504

Originally Posted by Je Ne Sais Quoi

We're not at war.
We're just policing a country.

The war in Iraq is over. It has been over for sometime. Don't confuse occupying a country with being at war with them.

this. and this thread could get interesting
nerd.gif

a)War on terror Riiiiiiiight. Except we're creating a generation of people that hate the US even more.

weapons of mass destruction We couldn't just check our copy of the invoice after we sold them to Saddam?

Lack of inspections Do we allow open tours of our weapons facilities that are solicited by unfriendly countries?

Removal of the Husseinregime Done and we're still there?

Saddam Hussein is evil Evil huh and bombing innocent people is how you fix that? Oh, ok.

Liberation of the Iraqi people Liberation is slang for kill in the Bush family.

Imminent threat Lie

Connection to al Qaeda Another lie.

They were a threat to the region Not like the US, right?

Preservation ofpeace Peace where?

Iraq’s violation of international law What about our torture scandal?

b) Wait, you didn't see the "Mission Accomplished" press conference? The war is over, this is occupation. Lemme remind you.

c) Is this your homework?

The Iraq war was mainly an agenda of conquest by greedy and evil powerful leaders and governments that push their ideals and principles into the Middle East in order to make it a "democracy".So they go in and go head and make wars where they send soldiers to their death beds and kill of thousands of innocent civilians along the way to "democratize" the Middle East. "Democracy"?B.S. It is more like the continuation of an imperialist quest that the U.S. government is doing in order to dominate and control the Middle East region for their own self-interests and benefits. To build a democracy, you go in by invading with a pre-emptive strike,making a war,killing thousands of civilians, and occupying Iraq? You want to exercise democracy on other countries when you try to enforce it through violent means and masking it for or other intentions?That is a democracy?

As predicted, Iraq is a mess and it is worse now than it was under Saddam. I just hope justice is served for those who died in vain and that there are war crime charges, which I doubt will happen.

To all of those people who think that we're in Iraq because of oil, please explain.

Because we already got oil from Iraq. If we needed more, we could get more.

The international community would never accept the United States controlling such valuable commodity, nor would the Iraqi people stand for us controlling the lifeblood of their country.

It's not like we'd be getting it for free even IF we were able to seize control of the oil fields and operate within a peaceful environment. You'd still have to pay for the drilling, pay the workers, pay to have it shipped here...

And then there's this pesky little problem of having to circumvent OPEC.

Just curious as to why people say that we're in Iraq for oil, other than the overly-simplistic "America needs oil + Iraq has oil = WAR FOR OIL!!1!"

I don't particularly know the reason why we're still there myself, but, thinking pragmatically, I don't believe that it's for oil.

i am sure oil had a lot to do with it initially, but i am sure that was part of a laundry list of reasons why: getting rid of saddam, to have a prolonged conflict for war benefactors (carlyel group, haliburton, rockefellers) to rake in major money, set up permanent military installations so that the next target, iran, is more easily accessible and to police the region to protect israel.

Back
Top Bottom