NT, would you eat? vol. extra fresh seafood

Originally Posted by mogzz04

Originally Posted by Mojodmonky1

never had live squid before but I would definitely try it.

I know a big part of eating "live" seafood is the novelty factor, but I still think it tastes good.

LIVE sweet shrimp where it is immediately shelled and the body is still moving is pretty good.

Took a family vacation to Korea a couple months back and we visited an area that is famous for their women freedivers who collect octopus, sea squirts, and abalone. They setup shop right on the shore where you can buy live seafood and they cut it up on the spot. While it looks fairly unappetizing to see a buncha wriggling pieces on a plate, its actually quite good (well... its an acquired taste... my wife wouldn't touch the stuff). Unfortunately that stuff is not cheap. My old man and I sat there and killed a couple bottles of soju and some live octopus and sea squirt while some less adventurous tourists snapped pics of us as if we were some heathens. They do warn you about properly chewing your food though, especially the octopus. Them little buggers are strong and will attach themselves to your gums/cheeks/teeth whatever. You gotta make damn sure that you chewed em up good so that they dont latch on to your esophogaus on the way down.
eek.gif

I'd say im a bit adventurous with food...but i don't know if i can eat something that's still moving.

Don't they have ink and what not still if they're alive? 

ive never tried the live squid, but ink is not an issue with octopus.  fwiw i am a fan of squid ink pasta, so maybe it cant be that bad?

Hell no
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

I really don't like seafood at all (just fish), and this isn't helping
sick.gif
30t6p3b.gif

As long as it never came from a poisonous fish and guaranteed to be free of parasites, bacteria, viruses, and other lifeforms, sure. Otherwise, !&*% NO

HELL NO 
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

I wouldn't eat that if I was starved for a week. I'd wait another day to try and get some cooked chicken
30t6p3b.gif

Well the article says, after the "dance" that the squid does, the body is removed and the chef prepares it for you. So with that said, I'd be adventurous to try it. I mean I've nearly eaten most seafood raw before, including my least favorite, raw oyster. I hate that texture!

I'm just not sure I'd like raw squid, because I'm already not a big fan of cooked squid. But I would definitely try it once.

I don't think I have the heart to pour soy sauce on a living squid with part of its head cut off, so I'm gonna go with no
ohwell.gif

Back
Top Bottom