NT, you are my brain trust. I need your help (NY NTers)

So my girl's coming to town on Friday and leaving early Sunday morning. It's her birthday weekend and I want to do some special things. Problem is I sorta mismanaged my money coming into this weekend and I'm lower on funds than I expected.

What I need from yall are some good ideas of stuff to do that won't break the bank. Actually, it doesn't even matter, I just need some romantic, fun, fresh ideas. She's not very high maintenance so the ideas don't have to be nothing too girly, but mainly I'm looking for something that is affordable and can kill time so that she doesn't notice I'm actually being cheap. Oh, and romantic too.

So here's what I have so far:
Friday - We Own the Night, $1 pizza (don't sleep),random window shopping, Magnolia's Bakery, ______________,Lotus night club

Saturday - ___________, getting tattoos,__________, Amy Ruth's,____________,early Sunday morning departure.

You guys are welcomed to say my ideas suck and include some of your own.
TeamTaz
Beat me if you can...Survive, if I let you!​

Are you going to be in NY or Philly? I thought Magnolia and Lotus were NY spots but I guess there could be places with those same names in Philadelphia.

Tattoos aren't exactly a budget activity but I'm assuming you guys had that plan to begin with.

Where is there $1 pizza in NY on a Friday night? The 2 places I know are only open during the day and are near Grand Central station (making bank off corporate lunch hours).

If you're looking for something romantic and you're by Magnolia Bakery in Manhattan, just keep walking out west to the water. There's a spot along the west side highway right around Magnolia were it suddenly gets VERY quiet. I think the west village insulates the ambient noise from the rest of the city and it's surprisingly silent, even with the traffic on the highway. Might make for a nice walk if it's not too chilly.

Also, I really don't think of going clubbing as a romantic activity, and that's probably gonna bleed away some money. I've been to Lotus once and there's like a 20 or 25 dollar cover charge unless you're with a group that's buying bottles, in which case it's gonna be expensive anyway. Might wanna re-think that one.

^It's in NY. $1 pizza is gonna be during the day and there's one on 42 and I want to say 8th or 9th. Tattoos were already in the budget. It's one of my birthday gifts to her. And we are getting in club free. Trust me, I damn sure wasn't paying for no club this weekend. Thank god neither one of us drinks.
TeamTaz

take her boat riding in central park. $12 for an hour.
hit up museum of modern art. free on fridays
hit up mamouns falafel on st marks place. $2 for a falafel.
take her ice skating in bryant park. free if you bring a lock. :pimp:
pimp.gif

Quote:
What's your budget b, cuz it all depends how much you got, and are willing to spend

Let's say $100 dollars per day. If we can keep it under $50 a day, that's even better.

Quote:
take her boat riding in central park. $12 for an hour.
hit up museum of modern art. free on fridays
hit up mamouns falafel on st marks place. $2 for a falafel.
take her ice skating in bryant park. free if you bring a lock.
:pimp:
pimp.gif
TeamTaz

Quote:
Friday - We Own the Night, $1 pizza (don't sleep),random window shopping
:lol:
laugh.gif
4SALE,BS, VIII Low,IV,VII,IX,XVI,XVIII,Flightposite,Pippens-5's,AF1's,and air max's...sz7-8.5[/font]

^ Not true. iswearimcool just gave you a great list.
Feminine like sandals.

Wanted: '98 Chocolate AF1 Mids, AM 95 "Mita," Air Force 180 "Union," Air Jordan VII "Raptors," SBs, AM 90s, AM 1s, Dunks, or Jordans you have in a size 6-7. Maybe.​

pio pio on 94th and amsterdam half a chicken is 4 dollars rice and beans is 3 for each and get some avocado for 3 also. a glass of sangria for both of ya you shouldnt break 25.for both of you. its a nice place a little loud. and tha wait is long is about 20- 30 mins. you kill time waiting also. =] food is great.

before the club. nix the sangra you dont drink. you just saved yourself so more money.
knock me down I'll get right back up again
I come back stronger than a powered up Pac-Man.​

Quote:
pio pio on 94th and amsterdam half a chicken is 4 dollars rice and beans is 3 for each and get some avocado for 3 also. a glass of sangria for both of ya you shouldnt break 25.for both of you. its a nice place a little load. and tha wait is long is about 20- 30 mins. you kill time waiting also. =] food is great.

CO-SIGN! I usually hit up the one in Jackson Heights...I'm not a big fan of their chicken, cause I've been spoiled by Pollo Rico in the DC urea (and they're the [khaled] bess [khaled]. Their Mozarrella Salad and Calamari are some of the best that I have had....and like Sophie said, the Sangria is excellent...cheap pitchers as well.

also, if you are ever in Astoria, check out Tierras Colombianas...great Colombian food, and you get HUGE portions for cheap

Keep it coming with the cheap exotic (if you want to call chicken and rice exotic) foods guys. She's definitely into that. She's Indian btw.

Kinda off topic, but I'm also getting my first tattoo this weekend...yall know any good spots?
TeamTaz

bring her to South Rd. in Jamaica, Queens after 11, you 'll be food... I mean they have great food over there.
Some of Us Fall, Some Of Us Fly
But At the End of the Book baby, All of us Die

-Make her sneak into the movies with you.
-Take her into a nice fancy restaurant, after the meal, order some desserts and try to sneak out without payin.
-take her back home to pipe, which she should enjoy the most.

All these are free, and its fun and exiciting. Won't cost you a dollar.

And if she indian, I know this good spot on 74st. Jackson hts. Its called afghan kabab house. Place is nice and clean. Plates run around $15. Nice enviromenttoo.

Back
Top Bottom