***NT: Your Top BATMAN Comics?***

I'm trying to expand my Batman comic library a little bit here and was wondering what some of y'all's favorite top-rated Batman comics were?  
nerd.gif

Personally, mine so far are as follows:

1.  Batman: Year One

2.  The Killing Joke

3.  The Dark Knight Returns

4.  Hush

5.  The Man Who Laughs 
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif
nerd.gif

6.  The Long Halloween

7.  Dark Victory

8.  Arkham Asylum

Share your Batman knowledge and wisdom fellow NT'ers...

...as "it is not who you are underneath that defines us, but what we do that matters..."(I probably butchered the quote, but you get the idea) 
grin.gif

1. Night of the Owls (New 52)
2. Year One
3. Hush
4. RIP
5. Under the Red Hood

Yes, the New 52 really is THAT good.

Originally Posted by LimitedRetroOG

2. Year One
3. Hush
4. RIP
5. Under the Red Hood

Really? 
nerd.gif

::searching Amazon for it now::

Year One followed by The Long Halloween and The Dark Knight Returns. And although it was wildly polarizing, I actually enjoyed All Star Batman and Robin The Boy Wonder series.

1. Dark Knight Returns (ending could've been better, but otherwise it's only behind Watchmen for title of GOAT)
2. Hush
3. Year One

Killing Joke = way over-rated IMO. Been awhile since I read Long Halloween/Dark Victory, plus I started Arkham Asylum: A Serious House on a Serious Earth a few months ago but forgot about it since. May have to get back to you with a more complete list a little later.

Year One is so serious.
I actually enjoyed the cartoon they just made too...

So far, I really want to read: Batman: Gothic and Son of the Demon.

Originally Posted by rojanjon

Year One is so serious.
I actually enjoyed the cartoon they just made too...

So far, I really want to read: Batman: Gothic and Son of the Demon.
Truth. 
pimp.gif
 Even though it's a story told many times over (see also the Mask of the Phantasm movie), I never get sick of it as long as it's done well.

Originally Posted by LimitedRetroOG

2. Year One
3. Hush
4. RIP
5. Under the Red Hood

Yeah the new 52 BATMAN is serious. The Dark Knight series is not really as compelling. I tried Superman out but was not feeling it. I read an article to give Wonder Woman a chance.(sorry for the slight de-rail.)

Has anyone ever read or owned "Son of the Demon"? I'm really interested in reading that one, but can't find it at a reasonable price anywhere.

1. Hush
2. The Long Halloween
3. Year One

Been meaning to start reading the new 52 Night of the Owls arc but I have't gotten to it yet. I keep hearing nothing but good things about it.

Originally Posted by illmaticsoulchild

Year One followed by The Long Halloween and The Dark Knight Returns. And although it was wildly polarizing, I actually enjoyed All Star Batman and Robin The Boy Wonder series.
I agree. Say what you will about the lack of subtlety, but that's the most memorable Batman outside of Dark Knight Returns to me.

I need to catch up on a few of these. Good thread.

Year One, The Long Halloween of course. But I also liked A Serious House on Serious Earth, A Death in the Family. Black and White, Nine Lives, and Gotham by Gaslight are all pretty cool concepts too.

1. DKR

2. The killing Joke

3. Hush

Sounds like I need to check out the new stuff.

Nobody has Knightfall on their list? 
eek.gif
 (lol, sarcasm)

I need recommendation on new good books to read, haven't really been paying attention for a while now. Completed series in graphic novel form though, so I can read it in one sitting. Any suggestions?

Originally Posted by rojanjon

Has anyone ever read or owned "Son of the Demon"? I'm really interested in reading that one, but can't find it at a reasonable price anywhere.
I got it and it's good.  The relationship between Ras, Taila, and Batman is cool.

The new 52 Batman is 
pimp.gif
Don't sleep on the new 52 Batman and Robin.  The father/son/Batman/Robin dynamic is real interesting.  As someone else said Dark Knight and Detective are kinda falling off.  Bane is back though.

I honestly don't really like the way Frank Miller writes Batman the character.  I like some elements of his version but overall nah.  So Year One isn't a favorite.  Long Halloween and Hush for graphic novels.

You want to go a little retro, read Ten Nights of the Beast.  They never did the KGBeast justice after this series and the ending is kinda weak.  July 20th can't come fast enough.

Oh as far as Joker. As dude said above Killing Joke but also check out the one that came out in 2009 I think called Joker. Great art that kinda looks like Heath Ledger.

Black Mirror looks so serious. I can't find that new Batman 52 on Amazon for the life of me; any leads?
nerd.gif

I've been wanting to get into graphic novels lately, was thinking of copping Year One and The Dark Knight Returns. I wanna get into some Marvel stuff also, was looking at The Ultimates.

Back
Top Bottom