NTer Death: Bay Area Fatal Car Accident HELP

Originally Posted by amilli1210

Woah, this is crazy cause Genesis Polo is my co-workers cousin. He passed away on his bday too.
ohwell.gif
what a small small world. RIP.
tired.gif

January 9, 1989 ~ March 24, 2010

He didn't pass away on his birthday. Maybe you heard he just recently celebrated a birthday? He was 21 years old.
frown.gif

Really sad. Sorry to hear about your friend.

I live in Richmond and commute on 80 everyday so I will def. be on the look out for that bmw.

21 is way young, he was just starting his life and sounds like he was a really great person. R.I.P.

Hearing about something like this makes me think how easily your life can be taken.

Losing someone so young is horrible. RIP.

I do have a question however. I am curious if someone can be held legally responsible for an accident, when she wasnt physically involved in the accident. If I am reading the story correctly, the driver cut him off, but no contact was made by the two cars. His car was lost control of, and crashed into a pole. How can you hold someone responsible for an accident, if she wasnt a part of that accident? Just a question NT. No hate at all.

RIP Genesis.

I didn't really know him, but I remember him selling me shoes at Champs. RIP Genesis.

I also knew the passenger, Herrick, glad he's alright. Such a tragic loss though...

^From that article, it sounds like he was driving at highway speeds (65-75 probably) when all of a sudden the bmw cuts into his lane from a stop from the emergency lane leaving him very little time to react properly. So he had to either hit the bmw or swerve and try to avoid collision.  Even though there was no contact, the bmw may be responsible because of reckless driving.

A blond woman driving a black bmw? That's a pretty vague description. Hopefully this person comes forward.

Woah, this is crazy cause Genesis Polo is my co-workers cousin. He passed away on his bday too.
ohwell.gif
tired.gif

hold up, who? dude my parents told me we were tight when we were kids.

Originally Posted by MzD650

I do have a question however. I am curious if someone can be held legally responsible for an accident, when she wasnt physically involved in the accident. If I am reading the story correctly, the driver cut him off, but no contact was made by the two cars. His car was lost control of, and crashed into a pole. How can you hold someone responsible for an accident, if she wasnt a part of that accident? Just a question NT. No hate at all.

RIP Genesis.

depends on the laws of the city, county and state

theyre calling it a hit and run but im sure any average lawyer would get that thrown out, its possible that they could charge the girl with reckless driving but without footage i doubt that would hold up

RIP though

Originally Posted by MzD650

RIP Genesis.
The article describes this as a 'no contact hit and run' and is held responsible for it.
RIP though, I hope this lady gets caught cause that's *#%@$# up.

Woman drivers... Haha just kidding. But still..

Originally Posted by MrDoeBoI

Damn sorry to hear this R.I.P to homie and she'll get caught sooner or later

unfortunately she most likely wont, unless theyve got footage of the actual accident, nothing's going to happen

if there's footage of the car on other parts of the interstate all they can do is question the owner/whoever was driving,  and thats only if there was only one black bmw at that time

this "non contact hit and run" is nothing more than a bluff to get her to turn herself in

im no lawyer but this might be one of those situations where even if she's not guilty of a crime, she'd still wanna stay on the low to avoid some kind of civil trial from the family

Originally Posted by youngpnoi

I didn't really know him, but I remember him selling me shoes at Champs. RIP Genesis.

I also knew the passenger, Herrick, glad he's alright. Such a tragic loss though...

He was a great seller at Champs too!
laugh.gif
 We used to work together. We were always in competition on who can sell the most accessories.
frown.gif

Originally Posted by TheHealthInspector

Originally Posted by MrDoeBoI

Damn sorry to hear this R.I.P to homie and she'll get caught sooner or later

unfortunately she most likely wont, unless theyve got footage of the actual accident, nothing's going to happen

if there's footage of the car on other parts of the interstate all they can do is question the owner/whoever was driving,  and thats only if there was only one black bmw at that time

this "non contact hit and run" is nothing more than a bluff to get her to turn herself in

im no lawyer but this might be one of those situations where even if she's not guilty of a crime, she'd still wanna stay on the low to avoid some kind of civil trial from the family

If the driver doesn't come forward, I just hope she realizes the amount of pain she caused to his loved ones. I truly believe in karma. I'm not saying I wish death upon her but she'll get what she deserves in 10 folds. 

Originally Posted by segagenesis510

ohwell.gif
tired.gif
January 9, 1989 ~ March 24, 2010

He didn't pass away on his birthday. Maybe you heard he just recently celebrated a birthday? He was 21 years old.
frown.gif
eek.gif

i read the story a few days ago. it was shocking to me because a few years ago i got into a major accident on 280 while trying to avoid a swerving BMW. i lost control of my car trying to avoid an accident and spun out and crashed. i read that and was tripping off how similar our accidents were. then i catch up on the thread today and see we both went to SF state and both of our birthdays are january 9th.  that was just kinda crazy to read. my condolences to friends and family. i know it's gotta be tough when it's the result of someones recklessness.

Rest In Piece.

My Condolences go out to his family and friends.

Hope they find that blonde woman.

Smh.

Back
Top Bottom