NTers 24+....Suits...I needs help on them...where do I go, what do I look for?

Also try brands such as Mattarazi uomo, it is a chinese brand, but their suits are 100% wool canvased suits with a very slim euro style fit. My tailor sells them at his shop for like 900 but if u shop around they can be had for 350-500 . I believe it is super 120s wool .
I wonder if RFX, ksteezy, or nii have heard of this brand,
I also am a fan of hugo boss red label. Esp on sale they can be had for 400 or cheaper

I never heard of Ye brand, to be honest...I'm no suit expert, aside from Jcrew, Hugo Boss and MW I've never really have invested in a suit before, so thanks for the heads up, definitely something to keep on the radar when shopping around, looking to pick up a black one next.

Originally Posted by pdot

6ssztl.jpg
pimp.gif

Navy fit for work...

Steezy is right about the navy... If you only have 1 suit, Navy is the way to go. Looks good with tan slacks as well.

Summer or Fall or Winter its good.

fbe4y9.jpg

Cool suits ksteezy. I have some pieces from jcrew but never thought to go there for suits, I didn't know if it was made in China or not.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Scientific Method

laugh.gif
at roasting dude with the Harvey suits. By the way, Calvin Klein wool suit for 149 shipped http://www.ebay.com/itm/C...=&_trksid=p1468660.m1888 You can get those designer brands on overstock.com for od cheap
i guess that price is alright but tailoring aside, those lapels are cut way too high for a 2 button imo.  definitely could be a 3, so easy pass in my book.  also, if you only own one suit, go navy or grey.  steezy, showed some dope ludlows but the price might be a bit much for most of NT.  just with whatever you do, don't buy black unless you stay at funerals 
tired.gif

I am currently looking for my first suit. I've tried on some in stores but have not pulled the trigger on any because I am not that knowledgeable on suits. As a rule of thumb, should I be looking to stay away from shoulder pads entirely or can a tailor remove them?

smh @ this thread -- some of you guys want to wear the nicest Js and Nikes but go the Skechers route on the suits...

rocking the grey and purple tie combo to work (from last week and the dressing better thread)
essential grey indochino suit

Originally Posted by picknroll24

I am currently looking for my first suit. I've tried on some in stores but have not pulled the trigger on any because I am not that knowledgeable on suits. As a rule of thumb, should I be looking to stay away from shoulder pads entirely or can a tailor remove them?
you make no sense.  if the shoulders protrude, clearly you are trying on the wrong size.  tailors removing pads..wth?  dude, go to a tailor and figure out your size, then look at suits again

Originally Posted by picknroll24

Theres always going to be some padding in the shoulder... Look at the pic I posted on the last page... When I was fitted for that jacket my guy didnt like the padding that was in there on me so he had to change it a bit.

You're not supposed to notice the padding... It's not like 80's womens suits or anything... Its just to give shape to the suit.

Originally Posted by NolanDW

smh @ this thread -- some of you guys want to wear the nicest Js and Nikes but go the Skechers route on the suits...

wear sneaks almost daily. Suits, not so much.
yeah, but don't we have people deadstocking shoes and not wearing them at all?

Originally Posted by NolanDW

wear sneaks almost daily. Suits, not so much.
Even more of a reason to have a couple of nice, go-to suits...

can yall recommend a general store that taylor fits suits?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom