NTers over 30. How does life change?

damn nose hairs need trimming every few days
Damn you too?
31 here
Son...**** is ridiculous.:lol:

For me, it was just a number. I had dreaded my 30th since i was 26 lol. Woke up that day, at 30, nothing changed. three years later, I turned 33 last month.. it's not so bad. My knees crack a lot tho lol
I turn 30 in July. Crazy how much my joints crack now.:lol:

Other than that just working. Life got pretty ******* boring. I didn't really have the opportunity to travel in my 20s, so that's my focus going forward. DR in June, hopefully Australia next year.

Bruh I got strays coming out the ears now. What the hell.

July babies repping.

HTTB, you planning something big to celebrate?

I'll probably do what I did last year minus sticking by face in strippers' butts. SMH at me not acting classy.

Not really. Never really did anything big for my birthday. My girl's birthday is July 14 so we'll probably do brunch with all our friends.

Going to DR next month with my friends so I'll probably celebrate then.

Haven't got any crazy ear hairs just yet. I'm praying I don't have to deal with that **** til at least like 40.:lol:

Last edited:
owning something is what increases your net worth. its how wealth came to be.
Alot of you really got the game twisted thinking renting is really that much worst than financing a house with a mortgage.

Most Americans die before thier homes are actually paid off and even then you still don't actually own the lot its on because you have to pay property taxes forever and that lot belongs to your county. Either way you're pretty much buying time.

Last edited:
enjoy it ...

before you know it you'll be making the "i'm turning 35" thread and then the ultimate "i'm turning 40 ..... crickets " thread ....

expect to start getting very grouchy, it starts with hip hop. you'll find yourself one day saying "what is this ****" ? and then cracking up. every movie is stupid, and you'll become irritated that you've eaten the same thing repeatedly for what seems like ever.

sex ? you'll actually get tired of it after awhile. you'll rather watch a game or find yourself trying to fall asleep first because god being the prankster he is turns women into insatiable hornbags in their 30's and us into Al Bundy :lol:

don't feel like writing anymore but I'd be glad to answer questions eventually .... till then **** off :D

^ Everyone is different, but home ownership isn't all it's cracked up to be, IMO. Not in this day and age.

There are obviously perks to it, but I think people tend to get so wrapped up in the pros and feeling like they HAVE to own by a certain age, that they overlook the downsides to ownership. Just a thought.

QFT.

For a lot of people, especially with the way things are, it doesn't make sense to buy a home. My sister is 35, makes $150k plus and last month moved back in with my parents because she took a job that will have her travelling 4 days out of the week. For the last 10 yrs she hasn't lived in the same place for longer than 2 years. It makes no sense for her to buy a place, just because she's "supposed" to.

Home ownership especially hurts the first time you have to replace something major like an AC system or water heater.

*edit* to keep it on topic....

-Sometimes, you'll wake up and your feet will hurt. For no good reason.
-You'll look at a lot of people in their early 20's the same way you might look at 4th grader.
-Saving for retirement gets a lot more real.
-You'll give many less dambs about things that don't matter.

Last edited:
QFT.

For a lot of people, especially with the way things are, it doesn't make sense to buy a home. My sister is 35, makes $150k plus and last month moved back in with my parents because she took a job that will have her travelling 4 days out of the week. For the last 10 yrs she hasn't lived in the same place for longer than 2 years. It makes no sense for her to buy a place, just because she's "supposed" to.

Home ownership especially hurts the first time you have to replace something major like an AC system or water heater.

Making $150K while living at home... THAT CASH FLOW!

expect to start getting very grouchy, it starts with hip hop. you'll find yourself one day saying "what is this ****" ? and then cracking up. every movie is stupid, and you'll become irritated that you've eaten the same thing repeatedly for what seems like ever.
So on point.:lol:

I find myself shaking my fist at kids everywhere. Hate these damn kids with their hippy hop.

Back in my day, rappers rapped about something. Good music was played on the radio. These kids don't know good music.

And as much of a joke as that sounds like, I really find myself thinking and saying **** like this.:lol:

I find myself shaking my fist at kids everywhere. Hate these damn kids with their hippy hop.

Back in my day, rappers rapped about something. Good music was played on the radio. These kids don't know good music.

And as much of a joke as that sounds like, I really find myself thinking and saying **** like this.:lol:

I say it now :lol:

I rarely listen to the radio (unless its sports radio) now in days. There are a couple of old school hip hop stations in Memphis that I listen to as well. They play 90's and early 2000's music. Outside of that, I try to stay away from today's music. If the track is really nice, more than likely someone will tell me about it and I'll listen :lol: .

Last edited:
:frown: I don't want to ever turn 30.

True mid-life is 35.

Nobody living to 100 realistically, so folks in their 30s are middle aged.

Dead srs.

I say it now :lol:

I rarely listen to the radio (unless its sports radio) now in days. There are a couple of old school hip hop stations in Memphis that I listen to as well. They play 90's and early 2000's music. Outside of that, I try to stay away from today's music. If the track is really nice, more than likely someone will tell me about it and I'll listen :lol: .

SiriusXM FLY. Hip hop and R&B from the 90s and early 00s :pimp:

I trimmed my nose hairs this morning as well.

Last edited:
:frown: I don't want to ever turn 30.

Trust, theres a whole gang of people that wished they did turn 30.

Getting old is the ****.

I can't wait til I'm old and can get away with saying all sorts of crazy stuff, and people have to put up with it cuz respect your elders and all that crap.

Just turned 30 Saturday. I actually feel great. 401k looking right, family good, cleaning up my credit to get the small early 20s crap off(bout 3 grand). My only issue I'm still having is saving more money. I buy too much crap. Hard to explain a dude that wears dress shoes all week just spent a grand on tennis shoes. I know we all have our hang ups, but man I wish I could save more. Luckily after the Chicago 1s this weekend I'm done for the year, and possibly for good unless a NA IV drops or something like that. But I've been struggling with this for the past 3 years. Started making more money, and my damn spending habits skyrocketed.

Just turned 30 Saturday. I actually feel great. 401k looking right, family good, cleaning up my credit to get the small early 20s crap off(bout 3 grand). My only issue I'm still having is saving more money. I buy too much crap. Hard to explain a dude that wears dress shoes all week just spent a grand on tennis shoes. I know we all have our hang ups, but man I wish I could save more. Luckily after the Chicago 1s this weekend I'm done for the year, and possibly for good unless a NA IV drops or something like that. But I've been struggling with this for the past 3 years. Started making more money, and my damn spending habits skyrocketed.
You're getting there brother!
Stay focused! 

You're not alone!

July babies repping.

HTTB, you planning something big to celebrate?

I'll probably do what I did last year minus sticking by face in strippers' butts. SMH at me not acting classy.
Dat pink eye...
enjoy it ...

before you know it you'll be making the "i'm turning 35" thread and then the ultimate "i'm turning 40 ..... crickets " thread ....

sex ? you'll actually get tired of it after awhile. you'll rather watch a game or find yourself trying to fall asleep first because god being the prankster he is turns women into insatiable hornbags in their 30's and us into Al Bundy
laugh.gif

don't feel like writing anymore but I'd be glad to answer questions eventually .... till then **** off
happy.gif
Y U DO DIS? 
roll.gif
. I'm grouchy at 33 on various things, notably hip hop and stupid drivers on the road. I still prefer buns to the game tho....wait...she can wait until halftime.

Happy belated birthday man

I need to clear my debt. Thankfully I got some backpay coming that I can dedicate a good portion of to these trap *** credit cards.:lol:

Last edited:
Alot of you really got the game twisted thinking renting is really that much worst than financing a house with a mortgage.
Most Americans die before thier homes are actually paid off and even then you still don't actually own the lot its on because you have to pay property taxes forever and that lot belongs to your county. Either way you're pretty much buying time.

Nothing is free if you put it that way. But you need to realize its not just you in your generation. Its about your kids, generation there after.

Never before did I ever hear or read abour how real estate DID not equate to wealth. Tell donald trump dat.

Fee Simple dough.

That whole "You don't own it because you have to pay property taxes" mentality makes no sense. Taxes are a way of life. Don't pay income taxes and you don't "own" your money either so there's that. With that mentality you own nothing due to taxes lol. It is a very weak argument.

I actually want to pass down an estate to my future kids, so they have a head start in life. It really makes a difference in the long run don't be selfish and not think about future generations.

Turned 28 this year enrolled back to school since HS.Finally paid all my stupid CC off. If nothing happens to me in the next 2 years (school, career wise) I'm just gonna join the navy put in my 20 and call it good. I'm at point in my life where i gotta do something with myself, cant be with mom and pops forever. All my friends and family either own a house haply married, have kids, in a relationship and all  good jobs except me. 

That whole "You don't own it because you have to pay property taxes" mentality makes no sense. Taxes are a way of life. Don't pay income taxes and you don't "own" your money either so there's that. With that mentality you own nothing due to taxes lol. It is a very weak argument.

I actually want to pass down an estate to my future kids, so they have a head start in life. It really makes a difference in the long run don't be selfish and not think about future generations.

another man dat knows. my kids and future will worry about rebuilding the house with better, more efficiency. they dont gotta worry bout dat land.

thanks FDR for dat 30 year mtge gimmick. LOL.

I'm 30 and life is great. I tried to make decent choices in my 20s such as working hard in college and law school, saving money, making smart relationship choices, and doing things I wanted to do for me, not because people expect them.

Back
Top Bottom