NTers Who Live Alone Check In

Just curious, I am thinking about getting a place by myself after my current lease runs out.

So I was just wondering about some the up and downsides to help me make my decision, any input appreciated

thanks

I got my own place back in 07. Its a great life. You run the show. Never have to get upset about a roommate or spouse having company when you don't feellike it. I know what's in my frig before I get home and I have company over when I feel like it.

My only downside is that I moved across the city so I have to travel to see loved ones and friends. I don't get a lot of family visitors, mostly friends.

if u can afford it. its definatly worth it dont have to worry bout stupid roomates or mom and pops coming in while doing the deed
frown.gif

got my own room/suite for the summer at school...

my job at school paying for it FTW
pimp.gif

Good thread... I'd like to see some insight on this too... My boy that had a place by himself used to be mad lonely callin me on the phone all the time ifhis girl wasnt there
smh.gif
I'd have to ignore some of his calls.

Originally Posted by SneakerHeathen

I live with my girl...

does that count?
yeah

I mean I understand I will eventually live with my girl and when that happens I'll have to roll with the punches. But right now living in a dirty housefull of guys, personalities clashing and all that is getting old for me.

the other reason why I am asking the question is that I am graduating and moving back to my hometown in July and one of my good friends wants to live together. It all sounds enticing, bit house, cheap, but it seems like roommates often have less respect for one another than they would for any other person.

Its very important to get that "ME" time in before you settle down. My youngest uncle always tells how me how he regrets going straight from hismom's home to living with his wife.

It's nothing like it...sometimes I would just plop down on the couch for hours in front of the tv or PS3 with no nagging girl, parents or roomie

Plus I think it makes you independent. learning how to pay bills, clean, cook and entertain

I live by myself I love you never have to worry about anybody moving or messing with your stuff

Pure freedom to do what you please you can walk around nude all day if you wanted too.

Originally Posted by AntBanks81

Its very important to get that "ME" time in before you settle down. My youngest uncle always tells how me how he regrets going straight from his mom's home to living with his wife.

It's nothing like it...sometimes I would just plop down on the couch for hours in front of the tv or PS3 with no nagging girl, parents or roomie

Plus I think it makes you independent. learning how to pay bills, clean, cook and entertain

hopefully I'll get that ME time soon, kinda sucks living at home with the folks. It's cool and everything but there are those times where you justwant it to be you and on you.

good thread man. i just graduated too and i'm about to get a place with my girl. im from CA but we'll be living in PA (it's where both of our jobslanded us after college). she's doing consulting so i'll be by myself mon-thurs at the apt. any insight on what it's like to live alone would begreatly appreciated.

Looks like it has a huge upside, I just hate coming home from a long day of class or work and seeing one of my roommates buddies drinking my last beer, orhaving music blasting in the house when all I want is to just kick back and enjoy the silence for an hour or 2.

The reason I'm having such a tough time making the decision is that the house my boy has is essentially locked down. It is the house he gre up in, rightnow his mom is the landlord and she told him he could have it for 1500/mo in August after the current tenants move out. Not to mention the house is a prettynice, 3 bedroom, 2 story spot with a swimming pool, 2 car garage, one master bed with a master bath.

yeah swiss you're from Sacramento right? thats where I'm from and I'll be moving back too

you can't put a value on the ME time folks...I love my parents to death but there are things they not tolerating in their home.

Having company was always an issue, but you can have them over whenever in your own place.

Just figure out your financial picture and determine if you can pull it. Don't strain yourself cause you will be miserable.

Alot of times you don't even have to go out cause a woman will always come through to a guy's place when it is really his.

Originally Posted by vctry20

Looks like it has a huge upside, I just hate coming home from a long day of class or work and seeing one of my roommates buddies drinking my last beer, or having music blasting in the house when all I want is to just kick back and enjoy the silence for an hour or 2.

The reason I'm having such a tough time making the decision is that the house my boy has is essentially locked down. It is the house he gre up in, right now his mom is the landlord and she told him he could have it for 1500/mo in August after the current tenants move out. Not to mention the house is a pretty nice, 3 bedroom, 2 story spot with a swimming pool, 2 car garage, one master bed with a master bath.

yeah swiss you're from Sacramento right? thats where I'm from and I'll be moving back too
I actually grew up in Sac but moved to the Bay right before HS. Went to college out in PA and I'll be staying there for work... kinda worriedabout living on my own/with my girl so far away from home u know?

i actually grew up in Sac but moved to the Bay right before HS. Went to college out in PA and I'll be staying there for work... kinda worried about living on my own/with my girl so far away from home u know?
I feel you, I applied to University of Oregon and decided to attend the school kind of on a whim, only knowing 2 people and I missed out on thedorms because I was a transfer.

on the upside you get kind of a fresh start, meet knew people, I wouldnt go back and trade it in for anything

I have lived alone since my 2nd year college. I been lonely at times (kinda how I found NT) and happy that I didn't see the drama. My girl is hear 4 daysout of the week so its cool.

I tell you what though, Playing Wii with you girl in her undies FTW!

Originally Posted by vctry20

i actually grew up in Sac but moved to the Bay right before HS. Went to college out in PA and I'll be staying there for work... kinda worried about living on my own/with my girl so far away from home u know?
I feel you, I applied to University of Oregon and decided to attend the school kind of on a whim, only knowing 2 people and I missed out on the dorms because I was a transfer.

on the upside you get kind of a fresh start, meet knew people, I wouldnt go back and trade it in for anything

Word. Going out into corporate america is gonna be rough.. working all the time. Anyways if there is anyone that lives alone please check in so Ican know what to expect as well.

I love living alone. Can't imagine how others live with tons of roommates. I never have to get upset because something isn't to my liking.

I'm afraid I'll end up like my roommate now who has been living alone for a while before we started living together. I swear dude has noself-awareness.

Originally Posted by AntBanks81

you can't put a value on the ME time folks...I love my parents to death but there are things they not tolerating in their home.

Having company was always an issue, but you can have them over whenever in your own place.

Just figure out your financial picture and determine if you can pull it. Don't strain yourself cause you will be miserable.

Alot of times you don't even have to go out cause a woman will always come through to a guy's place when it is really his.

how old are you?

Back
Top Bottom