NT's All Time NBA ReDraft Thread: GR8 Write Up Page 187, Bracket Final Vote

BJ Armstrong still available? If so, him.

PG Walt Frazier
SG Paul George
SF Carmelo Anthony
PF Chris Webber
C Wilt Chamberlain
B Rajon Rondo
B Hersey Hawkins
B Reggie Lewis
B Sam Perkins
B Roy Tarpley
B Richard Dumas
B BJ Armstrong

Athleticism, length, shooting.

franchise3 franchise3

Last edited:
Team Defense?

starters: d fish/ harden/ dale Ellis/ Dirk/ Big Ben.

Basically built around the goat PF Dirk. Great ISO scorer, great spot up shooter, great clutch scorer. Add Hardens playmaking ability and ISO scoring and I have the best 1-2 punch in the draft. Paired them next to two career 40 percent 3 point shooters in Dale and Fish and you have problems on defense. Oh and we got Big Ben one of the five best defensive centers in the league.

bench: Floyd, Klay, bobby jones, bonzi, mark Aguirre, vin baker, and James Edwards

Sleepy is more of the traditional PG and a change of pace from fisher. Klay shot 44% from 3 last year and is a capable defender. Bobby Jones is a 4x first team all defense. Mark Aguirre and Bonzi will provide goon play/ bully ball. Vin Baker was a talent prior to eating everything and drinking. James Edwards was picked off the strength his Whispers mustache

PG Steph Curry/Fat Lever/Danny Ainge
SG Tracy McGrady/Michael Redd
SF Andrei Kirilenko/DeMarre Carroll
PF Rashard Lewis/Boris Diaw/
C Bob Lanier/Andrew Bogut/Mehmet Okur

Once I got Steph Curry as the 1st pick I just built a team using last years GSW as the blueprint.

a positionally interchangeable, floor stretching nightmare, with some multiple dangerous small units. The rule of thumb I used especially for big players was if you aren't an elite shooter you better be an elite passer. I think that's an underrated part of what makes GSW so effective, it's not just the shooting, it's Draymond and Boguts comfort level passing the ball on the move.

I won't go over every pick but I'll touch on some of the less obvious ones.

Bob Lanier: Bob was simply too good to pass up, a victim of being really good during the NBA's nadir in terms of popularity. Awesome post player, very efficient especially when compared with his contemporaries, and a really great passer and a good rim protector when he was younger.

AK-47: I was looking for someone to fulfil the Draymond Green role, a guy who can protect the rim in small ball line ups, and offer decent shooting and great passing.

Rashard Lewis: The list of 6'11 guys who can shoot 38% plus from 3 is small.

Mehmet Okur: Career ended kind of early so he's been totally forgotten. His 3 point shooting was an obvious draw, but a sneaky good shot blocker and rebounder for a stretch 5. I wanted to have another C, to play teams with two centers who could also stretch the floor.

Boris Diaw: People love to talk about the rise of the stretch bigs, but imo it's not just about shooting, it's even more valuable having guys who can play big and small at the same time. Boris Diaw can play like a small with his passing and shooting but is also an extremely effective post player if you try to neutralize him by putting a small on him.

Fat Lever: Criminally underrated, I don't love PG's who can't shoot from 3 but I figure I have more than enough shooting to make up for it and Lever wasn't a non shooter either.

Last edited:
^ I like this team a lot although I admittedly dont know much about Lainer. I'll make sure I put adequate research in before evaluating though because I like the way you built that squad.

That Steph Curry/T-Mac backcourt :pimp:

2 of the best players at their position during their peaks and IMO they would make a near unstoppable tandem. Very good compliments.

Are we still going to have judges for the squads? Different rankings for multiple scenarios? Best offensive team, best team in modern day NBA, best defensive team, etc etc?

Slotted at the end of the draft, I wasn't able to get the super duper star, so my goal was to put together the best all around team I could.

Kidd/Hill: Two of the smartest players ever, able to do nearly everything well.

Gasol/Bosh: Two big men that can play both sides of the ball at a high level in a team setting.

Korver: Needed a floor spacer for my team, so why not go with an all time elite shooter like Korver.

Odom: Versatile forward, when on his game would stuff the stat sheet.

Battier: A high level 3 and D player off my bench. Able to guard SGs, SFs and some PFs.

Divac: My backup center who I can run the offense through with his passing.

Jackson/Lowry: Two wildcards, who can elevate (or detonate) what I am trying to build. :lol:

Thomas: Did you know he once led the nation in scoring and rebounding in college?

Barry: Under the radar guard, able to play both backcourt positions and shoot threes.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom