NT's hate for Bank of America just dropped a little

Originally Posted by ljlukelj

BOA is charging a fee monthly now for having checking accounts with them, unless you have a constant $750.00 in your account at all times.

mad.gif
he's not lying!! they been doing this like on the 7th or 8th day of the month for the last couple months now!

Originally Posted by keithsweatsjordans

Originally Posted by tSamShoX

BOA is buns. Chase is way better. Chase ATM Deposit FTW.
BOA has ATM Deposit too. FAIL.
Chase got them simple @!@ deposits now. no more envelopes or deposit slips...
You can literally slide your check into a slot at a BOA ATM and its deposited. FAIL AGAIN. Go for the trifecta?

roll.gif
.....damn!

I do love how easy it is to make a deposit at BoA...

Well one thing I do, is I swipe knowing I might not have it, and if I can put money in before the transaction clears, Im good to go...That's how I eat and get gas a day or 2 before payday.

that check scanning joint is 
eek.gif
- dont even have type in amounts or anything...plus the receipt printout
pimp.gif

but i never got this argument against BofA - you spend money you don't have- you get charged...pretty easy to avoid no?

Nt'ers been complaining about this for years

http://www.post-gazette.c...290-54.stm#ixzz0hhcu41ko

Woman says Bank of America wrongly repossessed home
Tuesday, March 09, 2010
By Sadie Gurman, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

A Hampton woman is suing Bank of America, saying one of its contractors wrongly repossessed her home, padlocked the doors, shut off the utilities, damaged the furniture and confiscated a pet parrot, though her mortgage payments were on time.

Angela M. Iannelli, 46, suffered "severe emotional distress, embarrassment and ridicule" as a result of the company's "de facto foreclosure process and seizure proceedings," attorney Michael Rosenzweig wrote in the suit, filed Monday in Allegheny County Common Pleas Court.

The suit accuses Bank of America and its contractor, Ebensburg-based Snyder Property Services, of trespass, unfair business practices, defamation, libel and other offenses during the October foreclosure of Ms. Iannelli's home in the 5000 block of Fountainwood Drive. She is seeking an unspecified amount in compensatory and punitive damages.

Bank of America instructed Snyder Property Services to "enter, seize, padlock, 'winterize' and take possession" of Ms. Iannelli's house, the lawsuit said, cutting water lines and electrical wiring, pouring anti-freeze down her drains and "stealing" her pet parrot, Luke.

She returned home to find her locks had been changed, her furniture and carpets had been damaged, her belongings had been scattered and the bird missing. A notice on her door told her to contact Bank of America, which "initially falsely denied responsibility or knowledge of the invasion and refused" to help her, the suit said. The bank also acknowledged they knew the parrot's whereabouts, it said.

In further calls, Bank of America representatives told Ms. Iannelli they couldn't help her, told her to stop calling, said they were "tired of hearing from her" and put her on hold, told her to call back later and hung up on her, the suit said.

About a week later, Bank of America told her it had "made a mistake" and told her where she could find her parrot, but said she would have to travel to Ebensburg to retrieve it.

She eventually drove to Ebensburg to get her parrot back.

Mr. Rosenzweig said that, with the exception of one payment, Ms. Iannelli's mortgage payments had been on time. Bank of America had not sent her a notice of a 60-day deficiency nor given her 30 days to fix it, as state law requires, he said.

The suit says the company was knowingly deceptive and lacks a policy to check the validity of its foreclosures or stop wrongful ones from happening. A Bank of America spokeswoman declined to comment.

Only after she retained an attorney did Bank of America offer to repair the damage it had caused, the suit says, but they were inadequate.

Some of the home's damage is irreparable, Mr. Rosenzweig said.

"The damage to her emotionally is irreparable, too," he said. "She's afraid to set foot in the house. She's just ill over it."

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.c...290-54.stm#ixzz0hsaWavKX

BOA too.
indifferent.gif

BOA too.
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by Chicagos Finest 23

She getting paid for sure

Pretty much.  She's looking at a nice settlement after its all said and done, but that is some bogus business by BoA and they should pay up.

So does BoA, depost straight cash or checks too. BoA > all

Either way, Chase > BOA
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

[h1]The $6200 Insult: How Chase Manhattan Convinced Me to Finally Move My Money[/h1]
I contacted Chase the day after I received my statement. I pointed outthat I had not received a debit card and that it was completely out ofcharacter and history for a 78-year-old single man recently out of openheart surgery with no children or grandchildren of Toys R Us age andnot in need of a Shalom dress or any of the items that Juicy Couturemakes to buy that much crap in one day. I was assured that everythingwould be put right. After forms were completed and sent to Chase'sfraud unit and a report made to the police, I waited to have my faithin Chase's fidelity to our long relationship restored. I trusted Chaseto do the right thing by me.
A police investigation showed a woman in a hoodie with a scarf overher face at the ATM using my never-received debit card...immediately, Icalled Chase's claims department. They kindly informed me that I wouldnot get my money back because, according to their algorithms, I fit theprofile of a credit card cheat. Mind you, I am, once again, a78-year-old retired New York City public school teacher with nocriminal record; but according to Chase, I was the most likely suspect.When asked about the woman with the hoodie and the scarf, Chasesuggested that she probably was my accomplice.

After weeks of trying to plead my case while professing my innocenceand fidelity to Chase, I was rudely told by the people at Chase'sClaims Department in Texas that the case was closed and that I shouldnot bother to call them any more.

^
laugh.gif
"Dirtys Advocate"

you can find a couple "horror stories" with ANY huge bank/company

but these kids are complaining about a bank that charged them b/c they spent more money than they had in the account - not because they got their homes repossessed
laugh.gif

BoA made $160 million annually from overdraft fees.
eek.gif

eek.gif

you can find a couple "horror stories" with ANY huge bank/company

Exactly, nobody or nothing is 100% error free, that's just the way it is.  I have had BOA since college and I can honestly say that I have yet to experience any problem with them. 

So whose the best bank to bank with and why? I'm such a n00b when it comes to this, but I never understood why people have a hate for certain banks besided a personal issue they may have had with that bank. Can we get a comprehensive breakdown?
nerd.gif

i been getting this $8 maintenance fee. on my checkings account.
indifferent.gif
Do they do that with the CampusEdge checking accounts too? I'm back in school and thinking about switching back.

Originally Posted by ATLien Seeko

So whose the best bank to bank with and why? 
Its all preference bro.
Honestly, most of the times people hate banks is for overdraft fees, but that wouldve happened with any bank.

To me location is very important. Other than that, the differences for basic checking accounts are very very minor.

Now if youre into investing, savings, CD, loans then you might want to do a little more research as to what different banks have to offer. 

I never overdraft anyway and make sure all my accounts with b of a are all in line so I've never paid them a fee, I juts let them pay me interest on cds and savings account... No beef with b of a, and hopefully never will

You know you failed at life if you're trying to buy a coffee and the cashier say your card declined

Originally Posted by Jehul

Originally Posted by Mr Jordan04

dont spend money thats not yours and you wont overdraw. its VERY easy to check your accounts and know how much you have
but some of you guys are gonna look like fools trying to buy that $3 gallon of milk and you get the
indifferent.gif
 face at the register from the cashier  when your card gets declined
laugh.gif

Sounds simple but sometimes it can be out of your control (let's say you write someone a large check and they don't cash it right away, then end up cashing it the day you don't have enough $$ in your account).
I guess you could avooid that by always having mad loot in your checking account but that sounds foolish to me (if you become a victim of debit card fraud it will be very hard to get your money back, plus you won't earn any interest by parking all that money in a checking account).

nah, you just avoid it by actually knowing what you spend and and know how much you have left
it's simple math

Back
Top Bottom