NT's LEGAL Gun Thread UPDATE...First Youtube Firearm Review Page 61

one AR is no better than another if there is an intruder in your home, so long as it works

obv optics, lights, grips, length all matter but Brand naw...

if your shooting for/at distance then buy a quality rifle otherwise shouldn't much matter

one AR is no better than another if there is an intruder in your home, so long as it works

obv optics, lights, grips, length all matter but Brand naw...

if your shooting for/at distance then buy a quality rifle otherwise shouldn't much matter
Thanks

All this barrel twist, melonite coating and nickle bolt stuff has me confused lol.

I just need a toyota camry for now but also dont want to have buyers remorse right after

So shotgun versus AR for home defense?

And I shot the gen 5 g19 Saturday. It was money. I like the no finger grooves I definitely get a better grip. I'm gonna cop soon.

Word?

I saw 100 ranges across the country got them early.

I'm waiting until the 26 or 43. The finger grooves don't bother me on mine. I would like to shoot one though.

Crossbreed supertuck deluxe iwb, any if y'all own ? Have they fixed the pants wearing issue? Or certain size guns only cause that problem ?

Imo you cant go wrong with either one just depends on what you are comfortable with.

My wife would be more comfortable picking up an ar than a shotgun if i wasnt home. All the stupid clips of females improperly shooting shotguns is some strong propaganda. Training time is probably more important than what you pick tbh.

Been a while since I've came in here and checked the thread out but I'm faced with a dilema. I have a CZ 75B omega and I'm on the fence on selling it or keeping it. Main reason is I want to mod or do upgrades and I can't find much other than grips and sights. Biggest reason I'm holding out and keeping it is I love how it feels when I shoot it. The accuracy, weight(steel frame), trigger, all of it. Anyone have a good recommendation for a replacement or would I be stupid to sell?

Been a while since I've came in here and checked the thread out but I'm faced with a dilema. I have a CZ 75B omega and I'm on the fence on selling it or keeping it. Main reason is I want to mod or do upgrades and I can't find much other than grips and sights. Biggest reason I'm holding out and keeping it is I love how it feels when I shoot it. The accuracy, weight(steel frame), trigger, all of it. Anyone have a good recommendation for a replacement or would I be stupid to sell?
I'll take something that feels good in my hands and that I shoot well over something thats looks nice any day.

So shotgun versus AR for home defense?
I'm definitely no expert but based on guns I've handled personally I preferred the shotgun class above all else besides sniper rifles. Quick to handle, big shot radius depending on the kind of shotgun, ...
That's what I'd go with but then again I've only shot an AK-47 and an AR-15 compared to various kinds of shotguns, a few SMGs like our famed P90, ... Either way I felt that the shotguns handled better for me and would probably be more effective in significantly hurting and/or taking a target down in home defense situations. I was struggling to properly hit targets at the shooting range with the AK and AR-15 whereas the shotguns all felt fairly simple.
I found a laser sight on a shotgun to be pretty helpful at the range too. Recently at the store I saw all kinds of sights, scopes, ... including a short range infrared one. for when it's dark. Perhaps something like that could be of use as well in case you get a break-in at night or something.
I don't think you can really go wrong with either type of firearm though for home defense. I'd say go with whatever is most comfortable to you and reliable in those kind of hypothetical situations. At best I'm a rookie though when it comes to firearms so the regulars in this thread can give you better input.

Glad this thread is still alive :pimp:. Full collection pic.
famil.jpg

Few questions anyone have any experience with the hk 45c? Or any agency arms glocks? .... and grand finale anyone have experience with primary arms scopes ... that's it lol

Few questions anyone have any experience with the hk 45c? Or any agency arms glocks? .... and grand finale anyone have experience with primary arms scopes ... that's it lol

No experience with the 45c (though everything I've read and heard give it high marks and is on my short list of 45 caliber plastic pistols), no experience with agency arms glocks ( not worth the $2k to me, I'd rather have a semi custom 1911 or a tuned colt for that much money, at least it'll hold its value. But if you like it, want it, and can afford it then rock on)

I have been playing with a couple of the PA microdot red dot and I'm pleased with them. They stand behind their products so even if you do have an issue they will take care of you. I stripped a screw (totally my fault) and emailed them about getting a couple of new screws. Within 2hours they replied with a UPS tracking number and 4 new screws were on my way.

Right now is the time to buy anything firearm related. Colt AR's are selling for $700 all day (imo the best value in a factory built Gun), all sorts of good pistols can be found under $450 (and most M&P's are 300-400) and it seems like right now everyone is offering some sort of rebate.

If anyone has a a G to spend on an AR, LaRue Tactical is running incredible upper specials right now. Basically, it's $800 for an Unassembled upper and the option to buy the lower for $200(billet). So you can get an entire larue rifle for $1000 (or 1200 asssmbled). That's a near match grade rifle with a great trigger for the same price guys were buying DPMS and DoubleStar A few years back. It wasn't that long ago when a used LaRue Gun would go for $1500 easy, new ones were $1800 with 9-12 month wait times.

Again, now is the time to stock up. Everything is good and cheap and plentiful. If your new, go back in the thread to 2012-13 and see how hard it was to get magazines and ammo. I sold a frankenAR I built in 2011 during the 2012 panic for $1700. I've been buying AR and glock mags every month; buying .22 when I can find it for a good price.

No experience with the 45c (though everything I've read and heard give it high marks and is on my short list of 45 caliber plastic pistols), no experience with agency arms glocks ( not worth the $2k to me, I'd rather have a semi custom 1911 or a tuned colt for that much money, at least it'll hold its value. But if you like it, want it, and can afford it then rock on)

I have been playing with a couple of the PA microdot red dot and I'm pleased with them. They stand behind their products so even if you do have an issue they will take care of you. I stripped a screw (totally my fault) and emailed them about getting a couple of new screws. Within 2hours they replied with a UPS tracking number and 4 new screws were on my way.
That’s dope I might get that pa version of the acog then ... those agency arm glocks are sick but I bet the fad will go away in a few years and be able to get them cheap lol

Again, now is the time to stock up. Everything is good and cheap and plentiful... I've been buying AR and glock mags every month; buying .22 when I can find it for a good price.
Yeah, I've been thinkin that lately, but haven't taken action yet. Thanks.

I have been curious as to the availability of some of these guns since the Las Vegas travesty ...

Many states have different regulations on AR types and a lot require registering and classes etc. ...

My question is how are the separate purchase of uppers and lowers regulated? A lot of what I'm seeing is people saying o it's so easy just buy them separately and no one knows what you have but aren't lowers basically the gun and therefore regulated accordingly?

Right now is the time to buy anything firearm related. Colt AR's are selling for $700 all day (imo the best value in a factory built Gun), all sorts of good pistols can be found under $450 (and most M&P's are 300-400) and it seems like right now everyone is offering some sort of rebate.

If anyone has a a G to spend on an AR, LaRue Tactical is running incredible upper specials right now. Basically, it's $800 for an Unassembled upper and the option to buy the lower for $200(billet). So you can get an entire larue rifle for $1000 (or 1200 asssmbled). That's a near match grade rifle with a great trigger for the same price guys were buying DPMS and DoubleStar A few years back. It wasn't that long ago when a used LaRue Gun would go for $1500 easy, new ones were $1800 with 9-12 month wait times.

Again, now is the time to stock up. Everything is good and cheap and plentiful. If your new, go back in the thread to 2012-13 and see how hard it was to get magazines and ammo. I sold a frankenAR I built in 2011 during the 2012 panic for $1700. I've been buying AR and glock mags every month; buying .22 when I can find it for a good price.

On my birthday I almost bought a $900 Sig Legion and thought better of it.

Fast forward to today I've copped a pps m2 for edc, a m and p 9, and a dpms Oracle with an optic, 6 pmags.

All in I'm at $950 after the rebate for my pps.

If you have a Cabelas close waiting for their gift cards to go on sale then waiting until they actually have a sale on something you want is by far the cheapest way to buy.

Set an alert on slickdeals to get them before they sl out

I might buy a shotgun but I'm done after this. Just going to upgrade my rifle.

Back
Top Bottom