NT's LEGAL Gun Thread UPDATE...First Youtube Firearm Review Page 61

That was a horrible photo. I'll get around to posting a better photo eventually lol.

Thank you good sir. Also feel free to post specs for the afficianado's. Did you have it built or buy used?

For non 1911'ers, Terry Tussey is a premier 1911 pistolsmith. His main "claim to fame" was the fact he built a fair number of 1911's for Steven Segal back in the late 80's and 90's (SS was most closely associated with using 1911's in his movies, like JCVD is associated with Beretta 92's)

Wait times for work/customized guns stretch into years and thousands of dollars.

M9
IMG_6994.jpg
G19, G17
IMG_6996.jpg

Python
IMG_6997.jpg

Tussey
IMG_6998.jpg
Tussey
IMG_6999.png
Tussey
IMG_7002.png

Tussey (disregard how greasy it is lol)
IMG_7001.png

Tussey and Colt XSE
IMG_7003.jpg

Saiga 7.62
IMG_7012 2.JPG

Christmas coming early. I bought a Daniel Defense DDM4 V7 with M-Lock rails. Pick it up Friday. Got an Eotech XPS3-0 to throw on top of it. I can't wait to have some fun with it. Probably sign up for some classes at the local range.

Also got another Xd mod 2. This time in 45 to go with my 9.

15133919708461796548160.jpg
Added a XD MOD 2 45 subcompact to my 9 and v7 and took all three to the range yesterday. Had a blast. My little arsenal is growing.

Goal next year is to get me and my wife a pistol and hopefully get a truck gun for the both of us. Looking at either the KSG PMR-30 or the Ruger P85. Leaning toward the P85 as a truck gun since it's a full size gun.

Dream Goal is to get the KSG 25 before the fall

Goal next year is to get me and my wife a pistol and hopefully get a truck gun for the both of us. Looking at either the KSG PMR-30 or the Ruger P85. Leaning toward the P85 as a truck gun since it's a full size gun.

Dream Goal is to get the KSG 25 before the fall
I'm curious what got you interested in the P85, since it's an older gun that's no longer in production? That doesn't make it a bad gun, it just isn't as easy to find parts for, etc... Staying on the same brand, have you looked at the Ruger SR9 or Ruger American? That's of course the tip of the iceberg for double-stack full-size 9mms- every major manufacturer has their own option in that category (most of them good).

I've never shot a PMR-30, but it is definitely an interesting gun. Has your wife shot before? It's definitely wise to start new shooters off with something that has low recoil (I would expect the PMR-30 to fit the bill), and work their way up from there so they have good first experiences and develop good habits instead of bad ones.

Kel-Tec is always thinking outside the box, coming out with cool stuff (like the KSG etc) :nthat:

I'm curious what got you interested in the P85, since it's an older gun that's no longer in production? That doesn't make it a bad gun, it just isn't as easy to find parts for, etc... Staying on the same brand, have you looked at the Ruger SR9 or Ruger American? That's of course the tip of the iceberg for double-stack full-size 9mms- every major manufacturer has their own option in that category (most of them good).

I've never shot a PMR-30, but it is definitely an interesting gun. Has your wife shot before? It's definitely wise to start new shooters off with something that has low recoil (I would expect the PMR-30 to fit the bill), and work their way up from there so they have good first experiences and develop good habits instead of bad ones.

Kel-Tec is always thinking outside the box, coming out with cool stuff (like the KSG etc) :nthat:

Price is one. Admittedly I def was not even thinking about repairs and parts, that's a good point. For the most part the P89 was one of the first pistols I saw and have only researched it for about 10 mins. Luckily gonna be some time before I make a purchase so I have time to look at some things.

We've both shot before, just never owned a gun. The PMR is on top of my list because its a smaller caliber gun and it has very little negatives that I've seen.

Price is one. Admittedly I def was not even thinking about repairs and parts, that's a good point. For the most part the P89 was one of the first pistols I saw and have only researched it for about 10 mins. Luckily gonna be some time before I make a purchase so I have time to look at some things.

We've both shot before, just never owned a gun. The PMR is on top of my list because its a smaller caliber gun and it has very little negatives that I've seen.
Cool, np. I always encourage people in this thread to go to a gun shop before they make a purchase and handle all the guns you're interested in. Even better if it's a range/gun shop, as many of those have rentals available so you can actually shoot the top 2-4 that felt good in your hand, not only to gauge their accuracy, but also to go through the motions of racking the slide and operating the various controls (safety, mag release, etc) to see how natural all that feels when YOU do it. People can talk all day online or in a magazine about how great a gun is, but at the end of the day all that matters is if it works for YOU.

As mentally appealing as it might be to have "matching" guns of the same type, IMO it's best to let wifey choose for herself so you each find one that is the best fit for yourselves. If they end up being the same, great, but finding a gun she likes and wants to shoot with you (or is at least interested in carrying or whatever) is much better than buying a gun she hates but matches what you want. Not that you were saying this, it was just a random thought I had, lol

Back
Top Bottom