NT's LEGAL Gun Thread UPDATE...First Youtube Firearm Review Page 61

anyone have experience with Olympic Arms K23 series? in the market for an AR pistol, also open to suggestions.

I’d stay far away from Olympic arms. They’ve been known as a junk AR parts seller for 20 years now.

If I were in your shoes, I’d look at PSA’s offerings. Last month I put together a 10.5” pistol with shockwave brace for $340ish dollars. Only have about 60 rounds through it , but so far so good.

https://palmettostatearmory.com/psa...-ept-shockwave-pistol-kit-odg-5165450478.html

Looks a little high right now, but that version also has upgraded furniture that might be worth it to you. They also have daily deals and often have free shippping (those damm daily deals are dangerous for your wallet). Get a lower of your choosing and your all set for $400.

E84B45E5-92BD-489C-8373-48294CBDAB1A.jpeg
Been a minute for me but I picked this bad boy up yesterday

Glock 20 10mm

Went to the shooting range for the first time with the wife and she could not take the sound in the fairly medium indoor range.
I on the other hand was surprisingly very competent with the pistols. Should have taken note of the pistols I used but I do remember that the last one I used was a Ruger 9mm.
Gotta go back at some point, was pretty fun

I’d stay far away from Olympic arms. They’ve been known as a junk AR parts seller for 20 years now.

If I were in your shoes, I’d look at PSA’s offerings. Last month I put together a 10.5” pistol with shockwave brace for $340ish dollars. Only have about 60 rounds through it , but so far so good.

https://palmettostatearmory.com/psa...-ept-shockwave-pistol-kit-odg-5165450478.html

Looks a little high right now, but that version also has upgraded furniture that might be worth it to you. They also have daily deals and often have free shippping (those damm daily deals are dangerous for your wallet). Get a lower of your choosing and your all set for $400.

Man I wanna thank you for recommending me that site, I been checking back and forth since this post peeping the deals waiting for something I was into.

Just copped this joint

https://palmettostatearmory.com/psa...ic-shockwave-pistol-kit-black-5165449130.html

Looking for lowers on Spikes right now lol

Eyeing a Remington 870 Super Mag wood grain as my first gun.

Mainly for home defense but going to keep an 18.5 barrel for that use and keep the stock (I believe) much larger barrel for hunting if I ever decide to take it up.

Anyone have this or any thoughts on it?

870 is a good gun. It’s my favorite gun I own. Got it used for 200 bucks. Broke it down and cleaned it and ran 1000 or so rounds through it over the next month before I cleaned it again with no issues.

It’s a tank man. I don’t do anything to mine but shoot it. I shoot clays with it, they can keep their 5000 dollar shotguns for clays. :lol:

That’s legit. I have an Anderson poverty pony for a build I have yet to start. I’ve been buying handguns instead of rifle parts :D

Rented the P365 yesterday and the firing pin literally broke while I was shooting it. Smh. I'll stick to my shield.

Went to the shooting range for the first time with the wife and she could not take the sound in the fairly medium indoor range.

What sort of ear pro was she wearing?

I go to the range once a week religiously, and also take hearing protection seriously. I ALWAYS double up indoors, soft foam plugs and a set of MSA Sordin supreme x digital. They’re expensive, but they do a great job of muting the load sound of gunfire.

I also try not to shoot next to people shooting rifles, especially any large calibers, anything with a muzzle brake, or SBR/AR/AK pistols. The sound is way more intense than pistol.

I frequent gun forums and read one guys experience with tinnitus and it sounds like hell. Remember that once hearing is lost it can never be regained.

On the gun front I’ve really gotten into AR’s in the last couple of months. Decided to go all in and start building my own; spent about 100 or so Bucks to get an armorers wrench and a reaction rod to hold the upper in place. So far, I’ve removed and replaced FSP’s, flash hiders, barrel nuts and added rails. Also have another rail and bcg for a DD barrel I got in a trade. Then I’m going to build a 6.5 Grendel pistol. I’ve been reading up on the 6-5 and it seems truly impressive, especially out of a shorter barrel. It’s got enough juice to make hits out to 800 while remaining supersonic, can also be used to hunt anything I’d ever hunt (deer, boar) or come across in the woods.

B9EA27CB-BD62-492F-9DBC-138070560CF5.jpeg

:emoji_heart_eyes:

Trying to decide if I wanna keep the brace off. Def need a rubberized grip and might swap the rail if I'm bored.

Spring shot out and hit me right under my eye mid build.

Where do y'all get bulk ammo?

And can I get some AR trigger recommendations? Looking at Geissele G2S currently.

Where do y'all get bulk ammo?

And can I get some AR trigger recommendations? Looking at Geissele G2S currently.

check out the Geissele SDC. its flat faced and two stage as well.

for bulk ammo, i'll typically call my local gun shops before resorting to ordering from targetshootingsports or luckygunner.

Back
Top Bottom