NT's LEGAL Gun Thread UPDATE...First Youtube Firearm Review Page 61

Really thinking of building a Pistol Caliber Carbine. so much info online. Hard to sort through. lol. Should add that ideally would not spend over $1k...Also, dumb California. LOL.

Been wanting a FN 45 tactical, but just can’t justify spending that much on another firearm at the moment

They've dropped in price in the last year or so. I paid $1.2K three years ago and I've seen them listed recently for $1K. I would recommend purchasing the FNX 45 over the Tactical if you have no plans of suppressing it or dropping a red dot on top. The FNX 45T is easily one of my favorite pistols. Soft shooting, lights out accurate, + high mag capacity (15 +1).

Really thinking of building a Pistol Caliber Carbine. so much info online. Hard to sort through. lol. Should add that ideally would not spend over $1k...Also, dumb California. LOL.

I built one for around $1300, but that’s with optic and some unnecessary upgrades. Lmk if you want more info.

They've dropped in price in the last year or so. I paid $1.2K three years ago and I've seen them listed recently for $1K. I would recommend purchasing the FNX 45 over the Tactical if you have no plans of suppressing it or dropping a red dot on top. The FNX 45T is easily one of my favorite pistols. Soft shooting, lights out accurate, + high mag capacity (15 +1).

I would probably put a red dot and I like the threaded barrel. I have other pistols for more practice use. This would another one of my “fun” guns.

I built one for around $1300, but that’s with optic and some unnecessary upgrades. Lmk if you want more info.

I would probably put a red dot and I like the threaded barrel. I have other pistols for more practice use. This would another one of my “fun” guns.

That is the way to go, my friend! I have that pistol and several others that are similarly configured for HD use. For everyday carry, I generally roll with a G19 or G19X with a SF X300U.

FN 509T x SilencerCo Omega 9K

G17 RTF2 x ALG 6SM x AAC Ti-RANT 9

HK USP 45T x KAC

Sweet pistols

Imho though once you get a weapon system to that size wouldn't you be better off with an AR pistol? Clearances and maneuverability differences become almost neglible

Been upgrading my guns to stop from buying new ones.

Put an apex flat trigger in my shield.

Put a apex flat trigger on my p320 and bought the new xcompact grip module and put it on.
278FCB6F-B6C8-4716-A88B-91DD0176AE70.jpeg
90C6F203-D94E-4B98-B7F2-24F6FA0F3138.jpeg
BA2FC4D5-6AAC-49D3-B4EF-BAF41982BC70.jpeg

Been upgrading my guns to stop from buying new ones.

Put an apex flat trigger in my shield.

Put a apex flat trigger on my p320 and bought the new xcompact grip module and put it on.
278FCB6F-B6C8-4716-A88B-91DD0176AE70.jpeg
90C6F203-D94E-4B98-B7F2-24F6FA0F3138.jpeg
BA2FC4D5-6AAC-49D3-B4EF-BAF41982BC70.jpeg

I recently installed the APEX trigger in my 509T. Talk about a night and day difference. Smooth uptake + crisp trigger break.

Nice nice. I have a couple Apex triggers too. Just the shoe for my G43 though, since I want to keep the internals on that stock.

Do you carry the 43?

AFTER A YEAR OF WAITING FOR THE RIGHT PRICE, TODAY WAS THE DAY. COPPED FOR $899 TAX FREE. :smokin
ALSO WENT WITH FEDERAL HST ROUNDS.

FNX-45 TACTICAL, 15RD MAG

IMG_3801.jpg

Congrats, my friend! You will love it.

HST is a solid choice. That is my go to SD round.

I feel like a pioneer in here haha. I posted the first FN FNP-Tactical back in 2010 in this very thread. It was the same pistol that came in the same exact case, just was called the FNP Tac instead of the FNX Tac. I got it for $750 with a $150 FN rebate. I used to train with the Special Forces guys at Range 37 and they were in awe of it. Made me feel kinda good cause those guys have seen it all pretty much.

Reactions: wr
8E1B0C69-A69F-4D76-925C-F13C5FF37C06.jpeg

My new baby. I actually wasn’t even in the market for a new firearm but I figured might as well especially since the prices may go up after these mass shootings.

Anyway this is a 12.5” match grade stainless barrel .308/7.62x51 AR. I got a Sig-Sauer Romeo 5 Red Dot on it for now while I figure out which longer range optic I want to put on it. I absolutely love the versatility of the .308 cartridge. Flies fast, flies long, hits hard, and is pretty accurate even with non match grade ammo. I’m not shooting crappy ammo out of mine, I’ll be shooting that good stuff that’s dang near $1 per round or more.

6EC952BA-8E3F-4FBF-B38F-CB22CE1B2F7A.jpeg
That little red dot was not doing a .308 justice. So I went on ahead and got a Burris 3X scope so that I can easily reach out to 600 yrds, and it has a separate Burris Fastfire 3 Red dot on top for CQB. Everything from long range shooting to hog hunting in one package.

6EC952BA-8E3F-4FBF-B38F-CB22CE1B2F7A.jpeg
That little red dot was not doing a .308 justice. So I went on ahead and got a Burris 3X scope so that I can easily reach out to 600 yrds, and it has a separate Burris Fastfire 3 Red dot on top for CQB. Everything from long range shooting to hog hunting in one package. Only thing is that quality .308 bullets are dang near $1 a round smh. But they are some long flying hard hitting mofos.

Changed a few things up on my mock dissipator. Was rocking the fat oval handguards and carry handle sight.

I call this the Chef's Special.

eElWtHF_d.jpg

PSA upper (midlength gas)
Aero Lower w/BCM lpk, bushmaster A2 stock, 1005 Tactical 2 stage NiB match trigger
UTG Pro rear sight
Sig Sauer Romeo 5 red dot.
Vickers VCAS sling

Also did a little shopping at Proven Arms and Outfitters since they're one of LGS's
https://www.provenoutfitters.com/

Went in to buy the rifle length magpul handguard, left out there way poorer

A few $44 aero precision lowers
Some $32 Vickers VCAS slings
A $42 Radian Raptor
They also had gen 2 pmags for $8.37

I've said it before, now is the time to buy if you're on the fence. With all the mass shootings, and changing public sentiment, it's not crazy to think AR's could be on the chopping block to be banned, or severly restricted.

I remember selling my parts gun AR15 after sandy hook for $1700 (granted, they were good parts like DD, BCM, etc) and I think I had a few people hit me up about it.
Great rifles are priced low, and good rifles are downright cheap.

The crazy thing is I remember when a basic entry level AR-15 was $750 and WASR's and cheap imported AK's were selling for $350. Nowadays you can get the AR for $350 and the WASR for $750

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom