NT's LEGAL Gun Thread UPDATE...First Youtube Firearm Review Page 61

Alright fellas I’m going to need your expertise here...I’m getting ready to build my first AR build! Going with 300 blackout...7.5 or 8”. Just ordered a spikes tactical stripped lower....calico jack any tips for making this a smooth process?
I went with a complete upper and BCG from Aero. Went with a Radian Raptor SD charging handle since my 300 build is suppressed. Helps a ton with gas. No advice on lower parts except get a heavy buffer (I went with an H3, the standard carbine buffer was too light and I had feeding issues).

Last piece of advice(?), dont expect to find ammo for less than $1.50 per round, or up to $2 per if its subsonic. I'm always hesitant to take my build out because ammo is so god damb expensive. I ordered my can and started my build right before COVID so I was in too deep before ammo prices spiked. FML.

I went with a complete upper and BCG from Aero. Went with a Radian Raptor SD charging handle since my 300 build is suppressed. Helps a ton with gas. No advice on lower parts except get a heavy buffer (I went with an H3, the standard carbine buffer was too light and I had feeding issues).

Last piece of advice(?), dont expect to find ammo for less than $1.50 per round, or up to $2 per if its subsonic. I'm always hesitant to take my build out because ammo is so god damb expensive. I ordered my can and started my build right before COVID so I was in too deep before ammo prices spiked. FML.

appreciate it bruh yeah ammo sucks but I really want an ar pistol...short barreled 556 don’t do it for me....looking to throw a can on it and pull it out occasionally I got two aks for the cheap shooting...hype as this would be my first build as I scored a dope full length ar on a whim definitely overwhelming

For a NIB firearm it has to be cleaned and lubricated before shooting it for the 1st time?
Nah. Its a good idea but not a must. Modern firearms should function with almost any level of lubricant. Usually the factories do a decent enough job. I do though because IF the gun does choke the first thing im gunna do to narrow down variables is give it a thorough cleaning.

appreciate it bruh yeah ammo sucks but I really want an ar pistol...short barreled 556 don’t do it for me....looking to throw a can on it and pull it out occasionally I got two aks for the cheap shooting...hype as this would be my first build as I scored a dope full length ar on a whim definitely overwhelming
Forgot to say, I went with an 8" barrel. Suppressed 300blk is a joy to shoot. First round I sent I couldnt even tell if it fired except for the hole in the paper :lol:

Federal’s website has or has had 9mm/.45/.357 mag etc almost everyday for about week and on top of that, raised their limit from 2 to 4 boxes per order. Their prices are still a bit too high but a good sign in of ammo trending back in the right direction.

Was a cleaning out some stuff yesterday looking for something for a trip I’m going to take next week and look what I found :smile:
It’s not much but nice find . Almost like when u find a $20 in some dirty jeans
3705015B-5E68-4AB4-A757-ADAED43336F2.jpeg

Palmetto has SKS's back... allegedly the nicest batch theyve ever recieved... prices is up to 500 tho. I am skeptical... but I bought one lol well see when itngets here and i get all the cosmoline off.

Palmetto has SKS's back... allegedly the nicest batch theyve ever recieved... prices is up to 500 tho. I am skeptical... but I bought one lol well see when itngets here and i get all the cosmoline off.

You take the cosmoline off your self? That's one reason I never bought one too lazy and don't want to pay to have it done. Is it simple?

Elbow grease my boy. Heat. Simple green. Mineral spirits. Shop towels. Old t shirts.

Def time consuming but i enjoy theae kinda things. U can boil the small parts if you wanna ruin a pot. Maybe sand down the stock and refinish if you dont get any cool trench art.

Highly considering giving up a cpl AKs for a Scar 17.... who in here was lookin to cop a few months ago? Ever pull the trigger?

Something about an FDE scar 17 w/ an EO tech... that and a DSA Fal (FN's are OD$)... two expensive *** guns as a kid/young man I swore Id never "waste the money" on

Back
Top Bottom