NT's LEGAL Gun Thread UPDATE...First Youtube Firearm Review Page 61

Originally Posted by ElderWatsonDiggs

BTW I would like to take this time to congratulate our very own AR Guy for receiving his Commission today as an United States Military Officer. Sir, I truly wish the best for you and your career. You will be faced with many tough decisions, and have more and more responsibilities as your career progresses, but I have a feeling that you will be a stellar leader.
Thanks a lot Elder. Graduated and Commissioned on the same day. It was only me and two other guys as the rest of my class commissioned in the spring but Its a great feeling. I know what is expected of me and I'm going to do my damnedest to live up to it. My next target is kicking %## at my FA BOLC because I've heard its no joke. But I really appreciate the comments Elder and make sure you stay safe on your upcoming deployment. Also anything you see or hear during your deployment that you think would benefit a junior officer like myself I would greatly appreciate to know.

Gentlemen, can anybody here help me find a Dragunov? I know they are a but rare but any help would be appreciated since I am in the market for one. Links would be very helpful.
smile.gif

In other news, I'm picking up a .300mm short mag sniper rifle for hunting real soon.
pimp.gif

Thanks CAFinest23.

So I'm most definitely saving up some money to make my AR into an M4A1 SOPMOD Block II clone. Here are a few pics.

Have to save up to get the DD RIS II in dark earth, KAC flip up front sight in tan, but instead of the LMT stock I want to go with a Magpul ACS stock. Time to start saving.

Real ruskie dragunovs are expensive and fairly hard to come by, even the chinese variantes are up the $3,000+ range.  Your best bet would be to use gunbroker as your main source as importation of those rifles finished a long time ago.  Have you considered the romanian psl?  same round as the dragunovs and the styling is some what similar but the internal operation is entirely different.  psl's I believe can be had for around $700, that was the price i paid for mine 3 years ago but if you obtain a the dargunov then hats off to you as it is long of my favorite rifles of all time.  I'm a big fan of commie weaponary.

Originally Posted by Seattle206

Real ruskie dragunovs are expensive and fairly hard to come by, even the chinese variantes are up the $3,000+ range.  Your best bet would be to use gunbroker as your main source as importation of those rifles finished a long time ago.  Have you considered the romanian psl?  same round as the dragunovs and the styling is some what similar but the internal operation is entirely different.  psl's I believe can be had for around $700, that was the price i paid for mine 3 years ago but if you obtain a the dargunov then hats off to you as it is long of my favorite rifles of all time.  I'm a big fan of commie weaponary.
I just looked some PSL's up and they look pretty good. I'll probably pick this up until I find an authentic ruskie svd. I still gotta have an original man.
laugh.gif

Do you still have your PSL? how is it?
I'm also a big fan of commie weaponry. I also thought of getting a Makarov pistol too.
laugh.gif
smokin.gif

Really need to update mine..but there's nothing within miles of here. Any south Jersey NTers know of anywhere?

Originally Posted by 2sappy

I also thought of getting a Makarov pistol too.
laugh.gif
smokin.gif
Yo, that was my first gun (PA-63, hungarian made makarov clone). Theres a reason they call it the russian glock, it's a damn solid little pistol. 

Originally Posted by 2sappy

Originally Posted by Seattle206

I just looked some PSL's up and they look pretty good. I'll probably pick this up until I find an authentic ruskie svd. I still gotta have an original man.
laugh.gif

Do you still have your PSL? how is it?
I'm also a big fan of commie weaponry. I also thought of getting a Makarov pistol too.
laugh.gif
smokin.gif

Yes, I still have mine.  It is a great rifle; cheap to shoot and reliable.  I have mine dialed in to 200 yards where I am comfortably hitting my plates at that distance but only one drawback is that with pencil barrel it heats up way too quick causing accuracy to drop a bit.  It is nothing more than a oversized AK, shares nothing in common with the svd except for the round.  From what I heard lots of the PSL type rifles available right now have an american made receiver built on euro parts.  I would probably want to stay away from hack jobs and find an imported rifle, preferably an earlier model.

4729033744_a0ceb1054d_b.jpg

BTW, I have two makarovs also.  Polish P64 and a Bulgarian Mak.  Cheap pistols and easy to get ammo.

4728387717_0dd9462c65_b.jpg

Originally Posted by AR Guy

debs 168

They're ok. A short (5-9") barrel on an AR is going to limit the effectiveness of the 5.56 round significantly, you have to remember that barrel length=velocity and velocity=effectiveness

especially with the 5.56 round. In CQB what you lose in muzzle velocity is made up in maneuverability so it honestly may not be that bad of a choice but anything past 50-75yds

effectiveness is reduced immensely because short barrel ARs bleed off energy so quickly it becomes a disadvantage. Also barrels that short are going to be obnoxiously loud. Also some

of these pistols have reliability issues so take that into consideration too. Personally I would never go shorter than 10.5" on an AR. Also you cannot get a proper cheek weld with a AR

pistol because of the lack of a butt stock. The only reason I'd rock an AR pistol is if I was waiting for BAFTE to process my NFA paper work so I could make it a SBR (short barrel rifle i.e.

any rifle with a barrel length <16"). But if you live in a state that doesn't allow SBR's a 10.5" AR pistol wouldn't be all that bad but me personally if I could I'd pony up the extra $200 to

get a tax stamp so I could put a butt stock on it and use it like your supposed to.

(My mindset to weapons, especially ARs, is how effective would this weapon be in combat. Would I trust my life to this weapon? Could I effectively employ this weapon against enemies I may face? Take it for what its worth. If your mindset is you just want a fun range toy than an AR pistol might not be so bad but if you one day need this weapon to protect your home or your loved ones, take what I said with strong consideration.)

thank you for the info.

i'm kind of leaning towards not getting an AR 15 pistol at this time and going with an AR 15 rifle instead. i had my eye on the model 1 from Stag Arms or the RRA LAR-15 entry tactical. i'm pretty new to this thing. this would be my first rifle. i kind of wanted to build one but i'm not confident enough with that yet so i figured i'd get a complete rifle for now and try building one in the future.

pics in case anybody wanted to see what i'm talking about:

entry10.gif

stag_arms_model1.gif

or

Olympic Arms K23P
full-k23p.jpg

and yeah, i just want something fun to shoot but also something practical for home defense. i'm definitely taking what you said into strong consideration.

I went to a basic firearms safety course yesterday but I'm afraid I might not be able to get my LTC license. When I was 19, I went to a party where someone had a revolver and we were all arrested. Also, I got charged with possession of marijuana. The gun charges were dropped on me because they realized the person who possessed the firearm. I'm now 24 and haven't had any legal issues ever since.

Is there any kind of information that people can give to me? I really want my LTC license here in Massachusetts but I'm afraid they're just going to look at my childish behavior when I was young.

This is basically how we qualified with the real deal full auto M4-A1. It stresses speed, accuracy, combat reloading, and change of stance.

Originally Posted by CAFinest23

Picked up my new toy two days ago. Pretty accurate out to about 50 yards I believe.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

HK Perfection!!! Awesome handgun CAFinest23. It is amazing how light HK pistols are when they look kind of heavy.

^Not true when I shot both the Sig p220 vs the HK USP I liked the HK better plus the nitron finish on a sig breaks down which causes rust. The dual spring system on the HK makes the recoil smoother on the HK for follow up shots as well. The Sig was nice but I was more accurate and comfortable with the HK so I bought one.

It all comes down to personal preference with HK or Sig. You'll find just as many guys arguing either way. Both have rock solid reputations and have amazing accuracy. BUT if you want to be technical about it, you can throw the FNP 45 Tactical into the mix, you can shoot the back leg off of a fly in flight with that sucker, got a great trigger, and is pretty rugged.

Anyway it's all preference.

^Basically. I've shot both I just peferred the HK I have big hands and the HK felt better to me. Both were extremely accurate to about 50 yards. I wouldn't be upset if I owned either gun.

Originally Posted by HyphySole

Whats a good assualt Semi-automatic rifle for a beginner?

You can't go wrong with a quality AR, everyone starts out as beginner.

Back
Top Bottom