NT's LEGAL Gun Thread UPDATE...First Youtube Firearm Review Page 61

Originally Posted by AR Guy

Originally Posted by HyphySole

Whats a good assualt Semi-automatic rifle for a beginner?

You can't go wrong with a quality AR, everyone starts out as beginner.
pimp.gif
I see what you did there

Originally Posted by fresh2deff

What do you guys think about the gen 4 glock 22??

I've heard so-so reviews of the Gen 4 glocks in general I'd say find a Gen 3 instead. .40 is the worst recoil in most firearms also can lead to over penetration if being used for home defense but if that's what you want go for it. My best advice would be to shoot the gun before buying it. In my experience with glocks they are tanks.

stag arms model 3 vs daniel defense m4v3.

Which would be more reliable. I think the DD has a midlength gas system.

Originally Posted by Frank Mucus

stag arms model 3 vs daniel defense m4v3.

Which would be more reliable. I think the DD has a midlength gas system.
No question the DD will be the superior rifle. DD makes one of the best ARs on the market today.  Reliability on the topic of midlength vs carbine is very small. A big thing you really gain is a longer sight radius if you plan on shooting irons. Also look at Bravo Company Manufacturing (BCM) they make a great middy AR too.

my friend just bought this polish akms underfolder.  we're going to go shoot it tomorrow.  i think i'll buy one too.  this gun shop here is selling them for 550.

Originally Posted by Solemate96

I went to a basic firearms safety course yesterday but I'm afraid I might not be able to get my LTC license. When I was 19, I went to a party where someone had a revolver and we were all arrested. Also, I got charged with possession of marijuana. The gun charges were dropped on me because they realized the person who possessed the firearm. I'm now 24 and haven't had any legal issues ever since.

Is there any kind of information that people can give to me? I really want my LTC license here in Massachusetts but I'm afraid they're just going to look at my childish behavior when I was young.
Do some reading at Northeastshooters.com, and contact either Keith Langer or Jesse Cohen. Both are awesome firearms attorneys in MA, and can help you through the process. depending on what town you live in it can be a nightmare or a dream.

I forget who imported it, I think it was century. I'll look later, it's on an IMBEL receiver and I think Century did most of those.

Shot my first guns a couple weeks back... Glocc 9mm, Springfield (??) 9mm, a Glocc 45mm, a .380 and a AR 15. The Springfield felt the best in my hands. The Glocc pinched the bottom of my hand while loading the clip. I must have some paws. Like I said the Springfield felt like a glove. The kick on the .45 was crazy getting used to being my first time shooting. That .380 was terrible. WAYYYYYY too small for my hands. The AR 15 was a dream. Can shoot that all day.....Im in the market for that Springfield 9mm, it just felt like a glove. My targets were beyond terrible at first. But after I got the hang of it , it got better. Never knew that finding center mass was so hard to master at first hahaha

Here is my target from my Siggy 229 from around the same distance. If you look closely you'll see the controlled pairs (notoriously known as the double tap). With the full sized P226 I would be able to get it tighter than that.

Anyway that's some good shooting CAFinest23, and once you get even more familiar with your pistol it will be even tighter, but in all honesty that's more than enough accuracy with what you showed right there. Good to see dudes posting targets,  the next evolution in owning guns is practicing with them and becoming more proficient.

14wrint.jpg

shooting my friends ak.  just clowning around wit the stock up.  i didn't get a pic of one of my targets but i was damn accurate with it once i got a feel for it. kentucky windage.
laugh.gif

i'm going to get an ak too.  i love that thing.  what are good importers? century and wasr is what i see all the time in the store.  they usually have new tapco grips and triggers.  we're also going to split the cost and get into reloading ammo.
pimp.gif
  there is a good ammo reloading supply place here and his friend knows how to do it.

I'm an AR noob, but between these two which are better. I decided I want the mid-gas system, not the carbine and these two are about the same price at a local store, maybe a difference of $20. I also looked at the BCM, but since they don't carry it here and I don't want to order it and would rather buy it in person I'm left with these options.

DDM4v3
https://danieldefense.com/rifles/daniel-defense-m4-carbine-v3.html

or

Noveske N4 Light Recce 16" Midlength MOE Rifle
http://www.riflegear.com/p-1077-noveske-n4-light-recce-16-midlength-moe-rifle.aspx

Keep in mind all I'm going to be doing is taking it to the range and use it for home self defense if need be, but mostly just for taking it to the range. Also, when I was at the store they told me it was going to be at least 2 months until they receive a restock of the lightweight barrel for the Daniel Defense. Would that be a better option than the standard barrel? It's not like I'm going to be holding the rifle for hours or taking it to tactical classes or anything. Is it also possible to change the barrel from standard to lightweight in the future?

Originally Posted by Frank Mucus

I'm an AR noob, but between these two which are better. I decided I want the mid-gas system, not the carbine and these two are about the same price at a local store, maybe a difference of $20. I also looked at the BCM, but since they don't carry it here and I don't want to order it and would rather buy it in person I'm left with these options.

DDM4v3
https://danieldefense.com/rifles/daniel-defense-m4-carbine-v3.html

or

Noveske N4 Light Recce 16" Midlength MOE Rifle
http://www.riflegear.com/p-1077-noveske-n4-light-recce-16-midlength-moe-rifle.aspx

Keep in mind all I'm going to be doing is taking it to the range and use it for home self defense if need be, but mostly just for taking it to the range. Also, when I was at the store they told me it was going to be at least 2 months until they receive a restock of the lightweight barrel for the Daniel Defense. Would that be a better option than the standard barrel? It's not like I'm going to be holding the rifle for hours or taking it to tactical classes or anything. Is it also possible to change the barrel from standard to lightweight in the future?

That is a really really really hard decision
laugh.gif
But personally I would get the DDM4v3. The rails give you more modularity in attaching lights (which you should most definitely do) and sling points. The only thing I would change on the DD is the grip. I hate the A2 grip with a passion. It is possible to have the barrel re-profiled to a thinner profile, ADCO is one such place that will do it. Also great and I mean GREAT first choice on an AR.

buying me Umarex M4 .22 LR next month
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

thinking of painting it desert. any mods i should look into? i want acog scope but @+!! is like 2 grand
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom