NT's LEGAL Gun Thread UPDATE...First Youtube Firearm Review Page 61

I got the depudy chief of police to sign off. They did run background check between the time of dropping off the paper work and them getting it back to me.

here is the night sight picture

Finally able to show pics of my new sig sauer p226 9mm with night sights. Needed a 9mm for range shooting as .45 ammo is crazy at the moment. One hell of a gun gave my glock 17 to my brother.

I had my firearms interview yesterday at my local police station. Boy, let me tell you, it was so awkward being in a room with a cop. He copied my application into his computer and it was just pure silence. I tried to think of something to say to him like talking about The Patriots but we lost and I thought he wouldn't want to hear it. You could hear a pin drop basically in the room I was in.

Anyways, to make a long story short, he didn't even really ask me any questions as to why I am obtaining my FID. He just fingerprinted me, took my mugshot and I was on my way. Nice guy too. He told me to have a good day at work and my FID will be sent to me by mail within two months!
happy.gif

happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

Originally Posted by richiecotite

^ FID? Help us understand what that is; and what state are you in?
FID means Firearms Identification Card.

I am in Massachusetts.

I'm going to restricted though because of me being dumb when I was younger.
frown.gif
 With the FID, I can buy and sell firearms and I can only go to the range.

Finally got around to adding new "skin" to my AR and SR9
0c916a6cb468f8f4c6bdb793267cd0921e11812e_r.jpg
eb436f1062bab47a6fe3f4c3f1a0c1f12c8f3545_r.jpg

Original color of the SR9
d2126c967db4965bfd2ff8c89c86dcc5c58b3d6f_r.jpg

The AR was all black before. I did the stock, upper, lower and handguard. I did a complete dis-assembly besides the barrel from the upper,
masked off the parts I didnt want paint getting on and did 2 coats of krylon white primer, then 2 coats of krylon flat camo paint. Let it dry for about an hour, then baked the parts @ 150 dgrs for 2 hours in the oven to cure. It came out pretty nice, and seems it will hold up well. I did a light scrape test and it held up. Harder scrapes, takes the paint off a bit. The best part is touch ups are a breeze, and paint thinner will get the paint right off if you decide you dont want it.

Here is the newest edition.

M&P 22 with gemtech alpine. Now I just need to get the flash hider off my 15-22

Originally Posted by Frank Mucus

Daniel Defense M4V3 LW

Just waiting on my frog lube to clean this and now deciding on either the Aimpoint Micro H-1 or Eotech EXPS.
NICE!
pimp.gif
how do you like it?

Heres my DDM4V1
6245142838_d331bd8956_b.jpg

Infamous MG - Thanks fam. I haven't shot it yet. It's been collecting dust locked up.

Is that a X300 and Aimpoint PRO or CompM3 etc?

Infamous MG - Thanks fam. I haven't shot it yet. It's been collecting dust locked up.

Is that a X300 and Aimpoint PRO or CompM3 etc?
Just got mine last week, haven't shot it yet either, and yes its an X300 and Aimpoint PRO.

Originally Posted by Infamous MG

Daniel Defense M4V3 LW

Just waiting on my frog lube to clean this and now deciding on either the Aimpoint Micro H-1 or Eotech EXPS.
NICE!
pimp.gif
how do you like it?

Heres my DDM4V1
6245142838_d331bd8956_b.jpg

Nice AR. If you haven't shot it yet here are some zeroing targets for your Aimpoint.

Aimpoint Zero 50 yard target for 50 yard zero

Aimpoint Zero  25 yard target for 50 yard zero

Originally Posted by Miniojw

I've went through every page of this thread and I've decided to get my gun permit.

pimp.gif
be careful and safe. What are you planning on buying?
I'd say get a 9mm so you can get plenty of range time for the lowest amount of money when it comes to ammo. Also buy some snap caps which are dummy round so you can practice loading and clearing you gun.

wheres the best place to start learning about guns? I've decided to buy a gun just to keep for protection locked up in a safe. It would be fun to go to the range as well. I don't want anything too small though. Anything good for about 500?

Originally Posted by TJ Detweiler

wheres the best place to start learning about guns? I've decided to buy a gun just to keep for protection locked up in a safe. It would be fun to go to the range as well. I don't want anything too small though. Anything good for about 500?

The best place to learn about guns would be going to you're local gun store and asking questions. They will be able to provide you lots of info. There are also classes to learn about guns, but asking questions here and at the gun store can save you so money. For $500 you can buy an Springfield Armory XD or maybe a used Glock.

I purchased a 9mm XD last tuesday...

will be picking it up on Friday afternoon. From all the information or lack of in California it always seemed like it would be hard to buy a gun but I read up on it and was totally wrong. It was a pretty easy process... that little test was cake so no complains.

bought the essentials package which came to like $500.00 with taxes and paperwork. Not too bad. I went to Martin B Rettings in Culver City if anyone in LA needs a shop. Paid retail so nothing special but the younger dudes are cool to talk to also the asian dude is cool.

cant wait to go to the range

Originally Posted by CAFinest23

Originally Posted by Miniojw

I've went through every page of this thread and I've decided to get my gun permit.

pimp.gif
be careful and safe. What are you planning on buying?
I'd say get a 9mm so you can get plenty of range time for the lowest amount of money when it comes to ammo. Also buy some snap caps which are dummy round so you can practice loading and clearing you gun.

Right now I'm just researching the options.  Since I live on long Island, NY I have to jump through hoops to get my license and also have a 6 month waiting period.

Back
Top Bottom