NT's LEGAL Gun Thread UPDATE...First Youtube Firearm Review Page 61

Originally Posted by richiecotite

i thought i saw somewhere an AR drum that was cali legal? whats you guys limit?

at least cali has legalized
pimp.gif
. that pretty much makes up for the moronic gun laws.

10 rounds max out here in Cali.

Here's my rig, Franklin Arms lower on a custom built upper. Also a shot of the mags just in case the zombie hoards come!

Originally Posted by CAFinest23

Originally Posted by MPLSdunk

guys who know their 1911's.  i really want to get one but i was thinking. i've shot kimbers and paras and colts that's the reason i love shooting 1911's.  i don't really have 1k+ to drop on one though.  would a taurus even compare? or am i better off saving for a higher end one?

Being a 1911 fan myself I've owned Kimbers, Rock Islands, and Springfields. But never a Taurus. I've heard they shoot really nice, but for the price Rock Island Tactial Model is the best bang for you buck! At around $550 you will get a decent trigger, extended beavertail, decent novak style sights (no dots though which made shooting indoors alittle harder) and a ambi safety. Also the head gunsmith for RIA Ivan is an excellent person to deal with any issues that might arise with the RIA 1911 However if you have around $700 I'd say purchase a Ruger SR1911. I've been hearing EXCELLENT reviews of this 1911. It's american made, good trigger, hand fitted barrel, stainless steel, minimal MIM parts, and good sights. I've been told they are very accurate as well. If you want to tinker with your 1911, go with a Springfield Mil-Spec or Kimber Custom II, find a decent gunsmith and go to town! My Springfield Loaded 1911 will go to my gunsmith the day I get it out of jail for a trigger job, front strap checkering, hand fitted barrel brushing, and crowned barrel. If you have any questions about 1911's feel free to ask, as I have an extreme love affair with the 1911 system.
thanks for all the info bro, i want something i can mod for sure. i'm going to look at all the models you posted.  do you have any 9mm 1911s? i like to shoot a lot so i might get a 9mm over a .45 just because of the cost of ammo. i really don't notice that much of a difference between shooting the two anyways.  i already know my gun range specializes in doing ar's and 1911s so i'm good there.  they are cheap too, i think a trigger job is like 50 bucks. i'm not huge into shooting pistols but i like 1911s, they take a dump over glocks and such just by the way they feel when you shoot them.

what are MIM parts?

dope ar btw.
pimp.gif

MIM parts are Molded Injected Metal Most 1911 "purist" won't touch a pistol with them yet swear by Kimbers which have them. They work just fine IMO and if you're unhappy with them simply swap them out. The Ruger SR1911 doesn't have many, Sig 1911 have none. I've never shot a 9mm 1911 but with the cost of ammo, I wouldn't hesitate to buy one.

I know this probably isn't the place, but I'd rather ask here than starting another thread.

Anyone know of a nice folding knife for everyday carry?

oh ok, i don't even care.
laugh.gif
i'm not ballin like that to cop a nighthawk or something. buds has rock islands in the 9mm tactical for $469 shipped.  i'm not a purest at all, as long as it works and shoots nice i'm happy.  i think i'll just cop a rock island in 9mm. 

they make them in 38 super too.  not sure why since it's not a south american gun and it's more than 9mm ammo.

laugh.gif
i'm not ballin like that to cop a nighthawk or something. buds has rock islands in the 9mm tactical for $469 shipped.  i'm not a purest at all, as long as it works and shoots nice i'm happy.  i think i'll just cop a rock island in 9mm. 

they make them in 38 super too.  not sure why since it's not a south american gun and it's more than 9mm ammo.

38 super is just a 9mm on steriods. The Rock Island is an excellent pistol! Shooting a 1911 made me a much better shooter than before. Excellent shooting advice from Todd Jarrett. YouTube him.

38 super is popular with some types of shooting sport (i think IDPA single stack, or something like that)
edit* nice AR you got there CAfinest! quad rail, VFG, MOE stock. Is the barrel free float? It looks like it is. If you ever think about switching out your optics, check out vortex or Primary Arms, they have some really solid choices under $200

I'ma take a look at those today. I'm going to dial in these irons first and use the dot or scope as a confirm.

laugh.gif

STI Spartan comes in 9mm
It's built on a Rock Island frame but with upgrades...
A lot of people start out with this especially in shooting sports...
http://www.dawsonprecisio...STID=80000AE1-1263828368

301701_405934899417099_100000017766200_1607168_1093773336_n.jpg

Latest pickup, Ruger GP100, along with my first handgun, Glock 19.
happy.gif

Slowly buildin the collection, but Cali laws suck
ohwell.gif

I feel sorry for you people out in Cali. I don't think I could do it. But anyways sold my chest rig and am putting together a warbelt. When I finish up I'll post up some pics.

Anybody in here use a war belt? Whats your set up like? Trying to get some ideas on how im going to put mine together

Posting........ I have been trying to find this thread for a month. Anytime I search that damn Trayvon thread keeps coming up.

so i still have not made a decision on a gun, lol...but whats the best AR that doesn't cost a ton of money?

or

how much should i drop on an AR (without the extras)?

Originally Posted by debs 168

so i still have not made a decision on a gun, lol...but whats the best AR that doesn't cost a ton of money?

or

Colt 6920 is the cheapest at under a stack and it's the gold standard of ARs. You can also go Daniel Defense or BCM but they'll be slightly more expensive.

or

Bare bones, plain Jane, Smith & Wesson M&P-Sport.
wink.gif

Originally Posted by Frank Mucus

or

Colt 6920 is the cheapest at under a stack and it's the gold standard of ARs. You can also go Daniel Defense or BCM but they'll be slightly more expensive.

Go with the colt for bare minimum with maximum reliability.

don't own one, but they've been getting a lot of great reviews. If i remember correctly, AR guy has one.

^debs, AR's really depend on how much you want to spend. Like oters have said, Colt's are pretty much what everything else is measured against, but theats gonna run 1100+ (after taxes and 2 mags). I'd say if you could find a new Smith M&P for under 700, you should go for it.

Originally Posted by anabolic dunk

Anybody in here use a war belt? Whats your set up like? Trying to get some ideas on how im going to put mine together
I ordered a few things to get mine going. It should mostly be here next week. When I put it all together I'll post some pics up.

Originally Posted by richiecotite

honestly, using google is the easiest way to find this thread. Go figure.
I just keep the thread bookmarked. 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by loonyrobert

Anyone own a S&W M&P 9mm? Any thoughts on em?
I love mine. I tired out a Glock 19 and everything about it just felt 
sick.gif
 to me. When I shot the M&P it felt like a dream. It just feels so right in my hands. 

Back
Top Bottom