NT's LEGAL Gun Thread UPDATE...First Youtube Firearm Review Page 61

Cool, np. I always encourage people in this thread to go to a gun shop before they make a purchase and handle all the guns you're interested in. Even better if it's a range/gun shop, as many of those have rentals available so you can actually shoot the top 2-4 that felt good in your hand, not only to gauge their accuracy, but also to go through the motions of racking the slide and operating the various controls (safety, mag release, etc) to see how natural all that feels when YOU do it. People can talk all day online or in a magazine about how great a gun is, but at the end of the day all that matters is if it works for YOU.

As mentally appealing as it might be to have "matching" guns of the same type, IMO it's best to let wifey choose for herself so you each find one that is the best fit for yourselves. If they end up being the same, great, but finding a gun she likes and wants to shoot with you (or is at least interested in carrying or whatever) is much better than buying a gun she hates but matches what you want. Not that you were saying this, it was just a random thought I had, lol

We will have more than a few days when we go to the range next year, will be a fun year

I dig that. For me worse case scenario I get two guns that I feel I will like and if she doesn't I'll have two lol We'll hit a few more gun shows and some ranges and at some point we'll make sure we get the guns that match us

For me worse case scenario I get two guns that I feel I will like and if she doesn't I'll have two lol We'll hit a few more gun shows and some ranges and at some point we'll make sure we get the guns that match us
I like that plan :nthat:

Btw, I didn't know if you had seen this iamdef iamdef , but Ruger is coming out with a new pistol caliber carbine (short rifle):
https://ruger.com/products/pcCarbine/models.html

I mention this because the carbine is compatible with the following pistol mags:
  • Ruger SR-Series Pistol and Security-9
  • Glock (17/19 etc)
  • Ruger American Pistol
You just change out the mag well and that makes the carbine compatible with that type of magazine. Two mag wells (my first 2 bullet points) are included with the gun when you buy it.

Last edited:
15145883673501408854602.jpg

Picked up a 18.5" 590a1 today to go with the Daniel Defense AR-15, mod 2 XD 9 and mod 2 XD 45. Now I feel like I have everything I need. Hopefully the stuff I want won't break my bank.

memp2atl85 memp2atl85 that 590 looks good; it just needs a magpul forend ($25-$30). The magpul is leaps and bounds more comfortable and with MLok makes it way easier to mount a light, or forend grip of some sort if you want

Bidness end by Kart...
122g7wh.jpg

Kart National Match barrel and bushing...2.5 inch, 50 yard group guarantee
358x7yq.jpg

I can’t wait to put put a whole lot of 200 gr lead semiwadcutters through this thing.

Last edited:
IMG_1018.JPG
Got a great deal on a brand new, 4" stainless Judge. Couldn't pass it up. It'll be my go to in the safe with the 3" shells. 4 discs. Nasty.

Definately subscribing to this thread.
I have a Glock 19 edc but I'll be in the market for a home defense firearm in the next few months .
I'm in NYC tho so I'm not looking forward to the hoops and hurdles I will have to jump through .

Picked up a m&p 15 sport 2 last weekend. I dont want to see those post sandy hook prices if they start banning

Definately subscribing to this thread.
I have a Glock 19 edc but I'll be in the market for a home defense firearm in the next few months .
I'm in NYC tho so I'm not looking forward to the hoops and hurdles I will have to jump through .

You have a size / caliber in mind?

I made that Judge that's pictured above my go to In the safe. I keep multiple firearms loaded and ready, but The Winchester PDX1 .410 shells are nasty and they won't go through walls..

IMG_1416.JPG

Last edited:
Nice piece I’ve been eyeing that for a while glocks have gotten meh to me

I appreciate it man. I actually sold my Gen 4 glock 19 so I could replace it with the FNX as my everyday carry. I actually rented it before I bought it and its lights out, i’d def look in to it if you’re on the fence.

Back
Top Bottom