NT's NBA top 50 list

Originally Posted by 255forLife

Originally Posted by EnEyeKayEe

P.S.: I was @ the ASG in Cleveland when this list was announced and ALL these dudes were in the house simultaneously!
eek.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

false.

i think only 46 of them were there.

pistol pete is dead, along with someone else, i forget who..

jerry west had some condition that he doesn't fly or something, i forget..

shaq was the only living player to no-show.

Dude chill the $@@* out
laugh.gif
...you got/get my point.
pimp.gif
...I'll NEVER forget it the rest of my life...

how you gonna say KG can't be on the list bc he's a "loser" when half the people on that list ain't win #*%% in their lives.

flawed logic FTL.

Originally Posted by Blazers21NTNP

People need to just stop looking at career averages and actually find out what the player has accomplished throughout his career.

Next we'll see "John Stockton... 13 & 10, off the list!".

I hope that wasn't a shot at me. In a sense I can agree with you, but when your stats on a historical perspective are numbers that clearly set you apartfrom the competition, then I think it's worth noting. Such as:

KG, only player in NBA history to:

average at least 20 points, 10 rebounds, and 5 assists per game for 6 consecutive seasons. (1999-2005)

average at least 20 points, 10 rebounds, and 4 assists per game for 9 consecutive seasons. (1998-2007)

reach at least 20,000 points, 11,000 rebounds, 4,000 assists, 1,200 steals, and 1,500 blocks in his playing career.

Those weren't even the stats I was looking for because I'm almost positive he was one of two or three players to average over 20, 13, and 6 in aseason.

People need to just stop looking at career averages and actually find out what the player has accomplished throughout his career.

I know exactly what both accomplished, which is why I looked at them first...

Wilkens is one of the best coaches ever though

Originally Posted by Ecook0808

^^^ Wasnt shaq in the all star game?

no, he wasn't. dikembe started for the east. hakeem started for the west. the only other "center" on either roster was f/c christian laettner.

and by the way, those hawk jerseys that year were HORRIBLE. one of the worst jerseys of all time.

and blazers - my argument against walton had nothing to do with stats. he was chronically injured while in the NBA... never really didanything of significance. i realize you may have a soft spot for him because the blazers won a title while he was there, but i'm pretty sure mo lucas hadmore to do with it than him.

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

I hope that wasn't a shot at me. In a sense I can agree with you, but when your stats on a historical perspective are numbers that clearly set you apart from the competition, then I think it's worth noting.
It wasn't a shot at anybody; just throwing it out there as some members will simply look at stats rather than what the player accomplishedwhile playing the game.

I do believe individual stats are somewhat important, but not stats alone can take one on/off the list.

So when somebody posts only averages of a player and stating they should be removed or added to the list, I disagree with doing that.

And for the record, I think KG should be added to the list... no question.

Originally Posted by Ecook0808

^^^ Wasnt shaq in the all star game?

He would have been, but was hurt & didn't show. For the record, 47 of them were @ the '97 ASG in Cleveland (Pistol Pete, The Logo & Shaq werethe ONLY no-shows).

Originally Posted by TruthGetsBusy

D-Wade ( I say yeah even tho it's early)
I definitely don't think D-Wade is in the NBAs Top 50. The man has only played in 75 or more games 3 times in his career. Yes he won a title,but he hasn't been elite for a long enough period of time imo.

^^Thanks, I thought so...

When I posted those stats saying both of them shouldnt be on the list, Blazers, I did that cuz Nters dont wanna actually read...They just want the basicknowledge, not the run down of the entire career which of course is the most important part.

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

I hope that wasn't a shot at me. In a sense I can agree with you, but when your stats on a historical perspective are numbers that clearly set you apart from the competition, then I think it's worth noting.
It wasn't a shot at anybody; just throwing it out there as some members will simply look at stats rather than what the player accomplished while playing the game.

I do believe individual stats are somewhat important, but not stats alone can take one on/off the list.

So when somebody posts only averages of a player and stating they should be removed or added to the list, I disagree with doing that.

And for the record, I think KG should be added to the list... no question.

I gotchya...Glad we cleared that up, because I agree *cough* Steve Nash *cough*

Robert Parrish, Scottie Pippen, Bill Walton and Lenny Wilkens all get the quick AX from me...replaced by Tim Duncan, Kobe Bryant, Kevin Garnett and Jason Kidd.
pimp.gif

Some of these dudes who played before the 50's-60's are hard to put a finger on. But A.I. & LBJ def bump 2 of them out IMO (yes, LeBron is alreadyeasily one of the 50 greatest players). Dwyane Wade & Chris Paul are lurking. Dwight Howard definitely has the potential. And to the dudes saying "AddDirk!", I say "Hell No!"
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Id Walk a Mile for a Camel

I say this as a huge Iverson fan.....he doesn't deserve to be on that list.
You're the 2nd one to say this and I feel many will agree but...........

First look at his impact on the game.....I say only a handful of players in the history of basketball have impacted the rules, culture, and state of the game.The guy who created the jumpshot, Wilt, Pistol Pete, Jordan, Shaq and Iverson....come to mind. He took the crossover to the next level, he brought back theheadband, he started the cornrows, he started the tattoos, he started the damn arm sleeve for god's sake
laugh.gif
. You can't even count how many players have imiated his style....exCarmelo, Bobby Maze, Rashad Phillips, Hot Sauce. He made Reeboks cool for a minute. He was a #1 pick, straight killed from day 1. Put the city of Philly onhis back and took them to the Finals. Then stole game 1 in LA.

Then look at the stats. Regular season avg. Playoff avg. Career high in the 60's. Scoring championships. MVP award. All he missing is a ring....but so arealot of guys.

Oh yeah and he embarrassed Michael Jordan the GOAT. I can't really remember Mike being on the receiving end of any highlights except this one (and noStarks dunk don't count)

Don't start counting that Pistons half a season against him. Don't you do it.

ewing and robinson are definitely interesting..

robinson had way more individual success, but he didn't win a title as the primary option. even as a rookie, duncan was the spurs' go-to guy.

ewing, on the other hand.. was a warrior.. but had he not been the 1st lottery pick and played in the biggest media market.. i dunno if he would have beenremembered as well.

then again.. there don't seem to be that many centers around any more.. as a big man, i dunno if i really want to kick out any from the list.

oh, and charles barkley is the round mound of bitterness.

Chris Paul??? A little early in my eyes....Hes my favorite PG right now by far but hasnt really done enough...He will be one of the best PG's ever IMOthough

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

AI off, all the rest still in.

Dirk, PP, or Dominique in.
AI out but dirk is in? HOW ABOUT NO
What in the hell does Iverson do other than shoot the ball?
laugh.gif

You can make an argument that Dirk is a better passer than that ******.

laugh.gif

because Dirk is so great at things other then scoring that he is better then AI?

Dirk is not a better passer then AI

laugh.gif

because Dirk is so great at things other then scoring that he is better then AI?

Dirk is not a better passer then AI
Believe it or not, Dirk plays defense, something Iverson has never heard of in his life. It's a given that Dirk will be a good rebounder athis height, and if Dirk wanted to I'm sure he could put up just as much as AI did when had craptacular teams.

Back
Top Bottom