NT's NBA top 50 list

truthgetsbusy

Banned
[table][tr][td] [table][tr][td]Kareem Abdul-Jabbar[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Nate Archibald[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Paul Arizin[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Charles Barkley[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Rick Barry[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Elgin Baylor[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Dave Bing[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Larry Bird[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Wilt Chamberlain[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Bob Cousy[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Dave Cowens[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Billy Cunningham[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Dave DeBusschere[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Clyde Drexler[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Julius Erving[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Patrick Ewing[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Walt Frazier[/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [td] [table][tr][td]George Gervin[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Hal Greer[/td] [/tr][tr][td]John Havlicek[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Elvin Hayes[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Magic Johnson[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Sam Jones[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Michael Jordan[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Jerry Lucas[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Karl Malone[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Moses Malone[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Pete Maravich[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Kevin McHale[/td] [/tr][tr][td]George Mikan[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Earl Monroe[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Hakeem Olajuwon[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Shaquille O'Neal[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Robert Parish[/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [td] [table][tr][td]Bob Pettit[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Scottie Pippen[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Willis Reed[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Oscar Robertson[/td] [/tr][tr][td]David Robinson[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Bill Russell[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Dolph Schayes[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Bill Sharman[/td] [/tr][tr][td]John Stockton[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Isiah Thomas[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Nate Thurmond[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Wes Unseld[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Bill Walton[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Jerry West[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Lenny Wilkens[/td] [/tr][tr][td]James Worthy[/td] [/tr][/table]

[/td] [/tr][/table] That was the original list above. Now lets see who's gotta pack up and make room for the new greats. Who ya'll kicking off the list and whoya'll adding.

Now there's 3 groups of players that could change the list.

1. Players that were over looked the 1st time- Dominique Wilkens, Reggie Miller, Gary Payton

2. Active Players that have won a spot on the list- Kobe, Lebron, Tim Duncan, Allen Iverson, Jason Kidd, Kevin Garnett, Dwyane Wade

3. Active Players that have a good chance of improving into category 2 above- Carmelo, Dwight Howard, Yao, Kevin Durant, Chris Paul

Discuss

This should be fun....30 pgs?

Edit: Where's my boy KG? Is it even worth arguing for him on this board? I can see at least 10 guys KG is ahead of. And that's just skimming through.

Eh, I'm off to bed...I'll argue tomorrow.

^TGR, we first need to make a list of dudes who are DEF still on, no ?'s asked...that will make it a lot easier. After a quick skim I say it's 35 or sothat are complete no-brainers, maybe more. Then we can go from there...

P.S.: I was @ the ASG in Cleveland when this list was announced and ALL these dudes were in the house simultaneously!
eek.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by EnEyeKayEe

^TGR, we first need to make a list of dudes who are DEF still on, no ?'s asked...that will make it a lot easier. After a quick skim I say it's 35 or so that are complete no-brainers, maybe more. Then we can go from there...

P.S.: I was @ the ASG in Cleveland when this list was announced and ALL these dudes were in the house simultaneously!
eek.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
I say make a list of guys that are no-brainer additions and then see how many spots we gotta make room for. cuz only 7 maybe 8....10 currentplayers max make this list.

See i dont know about adding KG to that list. While he has put up good numbers, has a mvp and championship ring for the majority of his career he has been aloser. A good player but I honestly dont know if he is NBA's top 50.

And im sorry but I do not count all star appearences as a real good determining factor.

Also if we're adding a player obviously we're taking away a player but are we doing that gaurd for gaurd and big for big?

Three players I know will def be on that list is Timmy, J Kidd, and Kobe.

Lebron has the number and has a great chance of being put on that list.

Yeah I'll admit hes not a forsure, but i think hes close...

I'm not a huge fan of him or nothing, but the man has 2 mvps

t1_walton.jpg

should be gone.

he won way more at UCLA than in the NBA.

it's not really his fault he was injured that much, but he didn't really do anything in the NBA to deserve being on that list.

Originally Posted by EnEyeKayEe

eek.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

false.

i think only 46 of them were there.

pistol pete is dead, along with someone else, i forget who..

jerry west had some condition that he doesn't fly or something, i forget..

shaq was the only living player to no-show.

Originally Posted by EB4President

See i dont know about adding KG to that list. While he has put up good numbers, has a mvp and championship ring for the majority of his career he has been a loser. A good player but I honestly dont know if he is NBA's top 50.

And im sorry but I do not count all star appearences as a real good determining factor.

Also if we're adding a player obviously we're taking away a player but are we doing that gaurd for gaurd and big for big?

Three players I know will def be on that list is Timmy, J Kidd, and Kobe.

Lebron has the number and has a great chance of being put on that list.

C'mon man. His stats for the years he was > 20 pts., > 11 boards, > 5 Assists is mad clutch in an all-time perspective. And that doesn't evenreally include is defensive abilities.

So we can all agree on this guys I hope

1. Kobe
2. Lebron
3. Tim Duncan
4. Allen Iverson
5. Jason Kidd

and still up for debate are

Kevin Garnett ( I say yes)
Dirk ( I say no.....maybe down the road)
D-Wade ( I say yeah even tho it's early)

then

Dominique Wilkins ( I say yeah)
Reggie Miller ( I say yeah)

People need to just stop looking at career averages and actually find out what the player has accomplished throughout his career.

Next we'll see "John Stockton... 13 & 10, off the list!".

Back
Top Bottom