NT's own Ninjahood now starting CF for the Anaheim Angels

Torii what the hell?
laugh.gif

Good thing Kendry's my favorite Angel and not Hunter
grin.gif

nothing about them being "impostors" is true. what the hell are you talkinga bout?

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

7d06db26-45bb-de11-8e13-001cc494dda6_original.jpg

"Even people I know come up and say, 'Hey, what color is VladimirGuerrero? Is he a black player?' I say, 'Come on, he's Dominican. He'snot black.' "

"As African-American players, we have a theory that baseball can go getan imitator and pass them off as us," Hunter says. "It's like they hadto get some kind of dark faces, so they go to the Dominican orVenezuela because you can get them cheaper. It's like, 'Why should Iget this kid from the South Side of Chicago and have Scott Borasrepresent him and pay him $5 million when you can get a Dominican guyfor a bag of chips?'

"They're not us," Torii Hunter tells USA Today. "They're impostors." Yeah, he's going there.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
so now domincans can't be black? 
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by The Fresh Sole

iron man speaking the truth tho
If by "truth" you mean he's sounding incredibly ignorant and offensive, ok.

Perhaps there's an alternate reality among many black Americans who feel they can get away with scornful and demeaning comments towards others while shielding themselves with the extreme political correctness they demand from others.

If you want to go ahead and label these comments as "truth" then you also need to keep quiet when others speak their own truth.

Iron Man is the same dude who justified the police killing Oscar Grant at point blank range.

Originally Posted by DatZNasty

Iron Man is the same dude who justified the police killing Oscar Grant at point blank range.
Yeah, I justified it by giving a different POV and sayin let's wait until we have all the details.

Not being a sensationalist FTL!

How so?

When there is valid reason, by all means, say your part.

However saying you are at a disadvantaged because MLB teams are plucking kids that are deeper in poverty than African American kids in the US is just dumb.

Saying Domincans are "impostors"
laugh.gif
.  Just because they are from the Dominican Republic does not mean they are not from African decent.  Slave ships passed through the DR.

If anyone should be complaining about the disparity in representation in the three major sports it should be Asians and Latinos.

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

How so?

I'm not sure what you're asking me. 

I think it's pretty clear that what this baseball player said was ignorant and filled with disdain.

Anyone giving validity to his words by calling it "truth" is equally showing their lack of culture and education.

There really isn't more to it.

laugh.gif
@ iron man saying white kids don't have opportunities in basketball ...only basketball camp most black kids know about are the free ones in the community....white people pay plenty of money for their kids to go to camps at a young age weather its at the ymca or the local university....
same w/ football camps...black kids only know pop warner camps and if theres some local hs camp for middle school kids...most don't go to the good camps until their college prospects and get free invites to go to camps 

"As African-American players, we have a theory that baseball can go getan imitator and pass them off as us," Hunter says. "It's like they hadto get some kind of dark faces, so they go to the Dominican orVenezuela because you can get them cheaper. It's like, 'Why should Iget this kid from the South Side of Chicago and have Scott Borasrepresent him and pay him $5 million when you can get a Dominican guyfor a bag of chips?'

I find this extremely insulting.  MLB is not trying to pass of Latinos as African American.  They are trying to pass them off as Latino's.  Baseball has a huge Latino following, it's probably bigger than the African American following.  Why would they market Latinos to African Americans when there is a large sector of the population that these Latino players can be marketed to.

Have you seen these Latino players interview, most of them interview in Spanish a small percentage interviews in English AND Spanish.

Yes, you can get Latin talent cheaper, but they are usually younger and take more time to develop.  In fact, if you are an unsigned Latino kid that is over 16 you are SOL.  That is why you have all these dudes with fake birth certificates.  It's their ONLY ticket out.

I also was unaware that Scot Boras exclusively represented black baseball players. 
eyes.gif
  Teams skip Scott Boras clients regardless of race or creed because they don't like dealing with Scott Boras.

Plus, if Tyrone from the South Side of Chicago has major talent he will get paid to play baseball.

When will people realize that black kids are not playing baseball because they prefer to play basketball or football.  It's a choice.

Don't give me this "It cost too much to play baseball".  My little nephew plays both baseball and football, and his Pee Wee football expenses double his baseball expenses.

smh.gif
@ you using the name "tyrone" stereotypical black man name....you racist towards blacks?.....whats your race?

Originally Posted by Black Jesus

laugh.gif
@ iron man saying white kids don't have opportunities in basketball ...only basketball camp most black kids know about are the free ones in the community....white people pay plenty of money for their kids to go to camps at a young age weather its at the ymca or the local university....
same w/ football camps...black kids only know pop warner camps and if theres some local hs camp for middle school kids...most don't go to the good camps until their college prospects and get free invites to go to camps 
grin.gif

You missed the point.

Everyone has the opportunity to play any sport they CHOOSE. 

However, Mr. Hunter is making it sound as if black people are kept from playing baseball because Latin talent can be had for a "bag of chips".

Boo hoo....boo hoo.....

That is the cry from the majority of black players in MLB.  They don't do enough for black youth....
laugh.gif
.  That is why I threw out those questions.

The irony is that out of the three major leagues (NFL, NBA, MLB) it is baseball that is the most diverse.

smh.gif
@ you using the name "tyrone" stereotypical black man name....you racist b.....whats your race?

I'm Mexican doggie, and Tyrone is a common African American name.  There is a difference between a sterotype and a common connection.

I wouldn't get mad if you called me Jose, +$!* I got three Uncles with that first name
laugh.gif
(they go by their middle name in case you are curious).

I was watching some Chappelle so Tyrone was stuck in my head (Tyrone Biggums)

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

laugh.gif
grin.gif

You missed the point.

Everyone has the opportunity to play any sport they CHOOSE. 

However, Mr. Hunter is making it sound as if black people are kept from playing baseball because Latin talent can be had for a "bag of chips".

Boo hoo....boo hoo.....

That is the cry from the majority of black players in MLB.  They don't do enough for black youth....
laugh.gif
.  That is why I threw out those questions.

The irony is that out of the three major leagues (NFL, NBA, MLB) it is baseball that is the most diverse.
i wouldn't even argue with that clown iron man,  he's one of those dudes whos mad at the world and always throwing out the race card when it benifits him but looks the other way and plays blind when it doesn't effect him

Originally Posted by Cedric Ceballos 1995 Lakers

i wouldn't even argue with that clown iron man,  he's one of those dudes whos mad at the world and always throwing out the race card when it benifits him but looks the other way and plays blind when it doesn't effect him

who are you kid? ...i dont turn a blind eye to anything but its cool you think you know me through a forum boy ....i call it how i see it....my name must offend you 
laugh.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

^

i know who you are, your some close minded lame who cries racism every chance you get over internet message boards. almost everytime you post your crying like a little girl about this is racist and that is racist. just shut the hell up already and stop crying. you seem like the type of person that cries about stuff on a messageboard but puts their head down and takes whatever negative stuff life brings you in real life without saying anything.

am i not lying though 9 out of your 10 posts you make are of you crying like a little girl talkin about "this is racist" and "that is racist"

"impostors" though. really? domincans are impostor blacks? that's okay to say?

and i thought it was common knowledge that domincans have a lot of black blood pumping through them.

oh and those black kids from the hood that the mlb apparently overlooks? a good amount of them
a) would rather play basketball or football than baseball
b) have it better off than the straight up poverty of a third world country.

Back
Top Bottom