NT's own Ninjahood now starting CF for the Anaheim Angels

7d06db26-45bb-de11-8e13-001cc494dda6_original.jpg

"Even people I know come up and say, 'Hey, what color is VladimirGuerrero? Is he a black player?' I say, 'Come on, he's Dominican. He'snot black.' "

"As African-American players, we have a theory that baseball can go getan imitator and pass them off as us," Hunter says. "It's like they hadto get some kind of dark faces, so they go to the Dominican orVenezuela because you can get them cheaper. It's like, 'Why should Iget this kid from the South Side of Chicago and have Scott Borasrepresent him and pay him $5 million when you can get a Dominican guyfor a bag of chips?'

"They're not us," Torii Hunter tells USA Today. "They're impostors." Yeah, he's going there.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

there's some truth to his statement....

i dont know about the south side of chicago and have scott boras rep him part though...

DAMN T!
You may want to walk around with a helmet on...............
FOREVER!

Originally Posted by High Class Scum Bag

i dont know about the south side of chicago and have scott boras rep him part though...

The majority of his original statement had some truth to it. The part about dudes like Vladimir and David Ortiz not being black though....yeah he @#$! up when he said that
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by High Class Scum Bag

There's a lot of truth to his statement. He just should've chosen a better word than impostures. 
There's no denying the lack of inner-city (or outer-city for that matter) interest and/or lack of leagues for young black kids growing up and it reflects in the number of african-"americans" in the MLB. It would be nice to see that number increase, but the MLB has a lot of legwork to do to in becoming an intriguing league for black kids and all kids alike to aspire to. 

On a deeper level, it's not even just a lack of african-americans, because that's obvious, but american kids in general. I know my way in the Pacific NW that the interest in little league baseball has been chopped in half almost because of more interest in soccer.

MLB seriously needs to figure something out.

do people not @#$%@#$ get that there are dominican black people? its like if a black dude is born and raised in china, speaks chinese fluently, and follows every aspect of the culture, he is still BLACK despite his nationality. people are so damn stupid

Originally Posted by nawlinsjunkie

do people not @#$%@#$ get that there are dominican black people? its like if a black dude is born and raised in china, speaks 100% chinese, and follows every aspect of the culture, he is still BLACK despite his nationality. people are so damn stupid
I really think that Torii knows that, but didn't think much about what he was going to say and just said his words in the heat of the moment, because it's not a black thing at all. It's an african-american/latin african-american thing.

Why do black dudes get a pass?

laugh.gif

These "impostors" are talented individuals that come from poverty, he makes it seem as if MLB has a ton of leagues in the Dominican and Latin America.

In fact, all these academies that have been popping up in Latin America started around the time some of these RBI Academies started popping up as well.

This is not the first time Torii Hunter has said something full of ignorance.

If this was a white dude complaining about the NBA snatching all these black kids from the inner city, ya'll would've been all over him, calling him racist and all that crap.

Instead, it's a black dude so you guys give him a pass and...."theres some truth to that".  Where's the truth.

Where are the NFL programs for Latinos and Asians?

Where are the NBA programs for Caucasians, Asians and Latinos?

Black people always cryin' for no damn reason.  So your numbers do not dominate MLB like they do the NFL and NBA....boo %@!%%*! hoo cry me a %@!%%*! river.

Torii Hunter go $%+$ yourself you ignorant racist.

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

Originally Posted by nawlinsjunkie

do people not @#$%@#$ get that there are dominican black people? its like if a black dude is born and raised in china, speaks 100% chinese, and follows every aspect of the culture, he is still BLACK despite his nationality. people are so damn stupid
I really think that Torii knows that, but didn't think much about what he was going to say and just said his words in the heat of the moment, because it's not a black thing at all. It's an african-american/latin african-american thing.
yeah i understand what he was trying to get at but still
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom