Nubuck XII package survey - if interested, respond ASAP.

My thoughts on this are nice job on "weasler" words in the description of the your package. Throwing the words "exclusive" and "limited" was a wonderful marketing ploy and certainly seemed to gather the hype and sales you were expecting.

With that being said I'll see if I can move into the package itself. The shoe, beautiful. I could be more descriptive but that basically sums it up. Most folks are big on the IV's (with good reason) but the XII's hold more value to me because they were the first J's I bought with my own money etc etc. I'm only 21 so the IV's weren't really anything I can remember back in the day.

Outside of the shoe, my ideas are these. Offer combinations. Different style hat for instance. If you want to stick to the pinwheel offer one color combination and then offer one with a seperate. Meaning if it alterenated carolina blue/black/carolina blue...change it to the black/unc/black. Same with the sweatshirt. Also, make different packages that include the shoes. Shoes would be the base but offer a jacket or a sweatshirt....a beanie or a hat. People love to be exclusive but we also like to have seperation from the other thousand+ Jordan members we'll see rocking the same get up.

The price wasn't too bad all things considered but $200 was a lot for a lot of people I know. I won't lie, I bought all 3 with just the hope of selling the other two just so I could cover the cost of my own package because it was $200. I was successful in doing so because I wasn't trying to be overly greedy, just needed to cover $200 off of two shoes, three hats, and two hoodies. Another way to compensate this is like the artist series, they have 3 models available for you to pick from. Everyone has different taste obviously, but what caught me about the XII's was that I didn't think I'd see that color combination on a shoe I liked so much. Then I see the 18.5's and the Jumpan Pro Quicks with basically the same color scheme so I think to myself why not put together a string of 2 or 3 shoes and different package combinations with the same colors if need be and cut production on just 1 shoe. That way people can get a package that they might be able to afford easier, and the color still remains hyped.

I see my idea is somewhat being used in the Regional Packages, but those aren't nearly as exclusive as I think they will be. Plus if youre in a market that has a colorway you don't like, youre out of luck if Niketowns aren't shipping.

Another idea for "exclusiveness" is making shoes like the Team Flows or Jumpan Pro Quicks into ID products. I know a lot of people use them for balling, and without messing the colorways up just let them ID like 4-5 letters/numbers on them. That's exclusive right there.

I have plenty of other thoughts and ideas, but I don't want them stolen. So either contact me or offer me an internship. I'll take the work experience over the pay check.
Support Pogiboy67, check out his auctions!

Support LazyJ10, I'm a poor college student and you can make a difference, check out my auctions!

i think there great. i was very happy and i love them more and more when every1 asks me where i got those from/when are those comming out?
i want to be a shoe tester also. nike holla at me lol

I apolgise for not being more constructive, but Nike and JB need to pull their fingers out and start realising that the USA isn't the only country that enjoys the Jordan line.

Here in Australia, many heads would have jumped at the chance to add these kicks (package) to their collection, but no, as usual we are screwed by Nike/JB's refusal to ship international.
Instead, we are forced to pay horrid reseller prices from greedy ebay users.

Sorry, but until this international shipping problem is rectified, I and many other international Jordan fans will have a huge chip on their shoulders!

personally...

i want more stuff. And i don't wanna pay more.

It sounds impossible at first i know, but think about it...

Part of the reason me and my friends loved the shox stunners and team FBI's were because of the baller wristbands they came with. Same with the 18's and the towels. Lil stuff like that DOES make a difference.

So make a similar package but add some more lil exclusives.

Like matchin wristbands and socks. Maybe some fingersleeves that you can't get anywhere else. A cool big iron on patch so we can make somethin we already owned match the package. Throw in some extra laces.

Just small things like that make customers feel more special. And in the end that is what will keep us comin back.

Too often lately the whole shoe game feels like a giant heartless industry.

We all know you make most of your money overseas now anyway but if you try not ta forget your roots we will do the same.

I think the package was an overall great idea, and I REALLY loved the fact that they were a jumpman23.com exclusive, but maybe the package should have been a seperate deal. Like have just the shoes available for purchase AND the package deal available for purchase, let the people decide. Overall the hoody was just alright and i thought the pinwhell hat was nasty.
"There's a war going on outside no man is safe from
I'm here for the good fight only the fakes run
I'm here for the purple heart, if I cant take one
For my team or my siblings whats my reason for living?..."

Omar

It was so exciting to get some shoes even though tons of people were going to have them, at least I knew that only jumpman23.com members were going to get them

But then the bad news, they released to others and that really dissapointed me. As shoe fans we all want "exclusive" stuff and it looked like JB was finally granting our wish but then they went back on their commitment, and that is dissapointing as a long time fan of the Jordan line.

I like the idea, I love the shoe. Hate the way they did it.

The Hoody and Hat arent really the reason that I bought them. The hat is horrible, I hate the pinwheel idea (on any hat) sucks, however, the sweatshirt is very nice-but sell it in stores instead. IM a collecter of footwear, not clothes. I rarely wear hats, and I will never wear all three items togther, I think that is just an overload of matching. Id rather just have an exclusive t-shirt. IM not one to match everything from head to toe, and many others on here arent either.

I would have easily spent $300 on 2 pairs of these, rather than $200 on 1 "package". JUST OFFER THE SHOES.

The way we were notified sucked. I do like the idea of the teaser card, and the excitement I felt from the pic in the JB magazine. Those were very smart ideas. But get it right, half the people never got them (I got mine a week after they were available online), and one guy posted on here the other day that HE MISSED THEM. I mean, if a member of Niketalk misses a shoe that had 1700 posts about it, Nike/JB must be doing something wrong.

Also - the fact that you can walk in to any mom and pop store, and pick up a pair really sucks. I know that not everyone saw this, but I remember even on here there were a large number of posts saying that they were very easy to get. I was also sick of seeing them on eBay...but thats another story.

The way the selling of these shoes went from an EXCLUSIVE PACKAGE AVAILABLE ONLY TO JORDAN BRAND TEAM MEMBERS ------to Niketown.com realllly pissed me off. What the hell kind of thank you is that, offer us something that is supposed to be for us, something that is exclusive to the "collectors", or the "shoe heads", and then they go and offer it to joe public - thats just a big FU to us (yeah us - the only people that will continually purchase your low quality, get as many out the door in as many colors, release dates every other week shoes).

Jokes on us for rushing out and purchasing this "wonderful exclusive package". Never again.
Imagination doesn't consider the possibilities....it creates them.

I love the shoe. Thats where it ends though. The hoody fits weird cuz the sleeves are tight and the body fits fine. The hat was terrible. The shoe is amazing. Nike/ JB can definitely do this exclusive online thing again, but dont make us buy hats and hoodies that we really dont want. One more thing...if they're gonna be "exclusive", make them just that, EXCLUSIVE. Don't leave them on the website for 2 months, when they were only supposed to be on for 2 weeks.

I love the shoes, but the hoody and hat have not made it out of the plastic. I probably would not buy another package that requires me to purchase three articles because I am really only intrested in the shoes. I did not mind the fact that the launch did not go smooth, these things happen from time to time. Also, several other websites have bombed out in similar situations like the Footaction F&F sale around the same time. The only other complaint I have is that the shoe was hyped as limited and going to only be available to Team Jordan members, but it seemed to be on niketown.com for an extended amount time. This made it appear to not be extremely limited. I am not saying it should be as limited as the First Game Air Zoom Generations, but somewhere in between. An idea for future exclusive release might be to let Team Jordan members to purchase a Jordan shoe using the Nike ID system. You could not get anymore exclusive than that. Any other exclusive package should be limited to two items like shoes and a shirt, sweatshirt, or shooting shirt. Thanks for giving us the opportunity to express our opinions.

The hat and hoodie were a terrible idea. Anytime you force someone to purchase something that they really do not want nor care for, you create a situation that is no going to be positive for the overall bottom line and at the same time you piss people off. Sneakers ok, we all want(ed) them cool. Ugly shirt, ugly hoodie made lots of fans/customers pass on the entire package.

Sorry,I have more.

Release a hard to find colorway that most people cant afford, or find ONCE a year. Something like the Fire Reds, Bordeaux, Grapes, Aquas or Carmines (or a kick *** retro + colorway).

Release it with an optional accessory (basketball shorts would be awesome). Maybe even have 5 or 6 options that you could "add on". Release it in the fall so we can actually wear them on a basketball court (for those who wear them to play in).

I think that a HUGE once a year release will be such a great idea, and keep your buyers interested throughout. Instead of releaseing model after model and erasing your consumer base.

..........and knock it off with releasing an "exclusive colorway", then having it on a bunch of shoes in the months to follow.

Ok IM done.
Imagination doesn't consider the possibilities....it creates them.

I Was overall satisfied with the package when it got here. Like everyone else I was disappointed about not getting an e-mail or the letter in the mail I was supposed to get. Feelin' the hoody the hat was terrible.

BRING BACK THE GRAPE V'S

I loved the idea, nothing i like more than being one of very few in my town with a nice pair of shoes. The hoody was nice, but the hat could have been better, but over all very nice, hopefully more limited edition colorways in the future!!!!! :D
happy.gif

and now, general statements...old school is a funny movie...stacy kiebler is HOT...Emmitt is the G.O.A.T. PERIOD!!!! and one more thing, GO COWBOYS!!!!!

Here is my take on this Package release:

When we first saw the page from that magazine that showed the picture of the Nubuck XII back in Sept. 2003, I thought to myself, I might be able to have something exclusive, but I knew it was JB and that would not happen. A couple months went by, and we heard rumors, knowing that these were going to come out, but when was that main question. So finally Alex and EKIN gave us some info. about it being released as a package, and I thought this could not be bad, but then I heard the price. I figured for a hat and a sweatshirt, along with the shoes, that could not be a bad price.

The time came, we waited for the E-mails that we were supposed to be receiving around the end of Nov. but that did not happen. Everyone waited and stayed up late nights, trying not to miss this "Exclusive" XII Package, but no word. So it was time, we got the link, the page opened up, and we were ready. Then the bad news just got worse. We could not order the package, because NIKE and JB were not ready for what happened. They did not know that so many people were going to be ordering this package, that we crashed the server, and nobody got to order their package's. I slept a total of 5 hours in a 48 hr. period, trying to get this package, and I knew that I cannot miss this package. Finally, a few days later, we were able to order them. I did pick up two packages, but I was quite disapointed when I got the items in the mail.

01. The hat was very flimsy, and was not made well, very soft, and not firm Wool like other hats.
02. The Fleece was very nice overall, nice quality, and very warm. I was very dissapointed with the sleeves though. They are very tight on my arms, and it is very uncomfortable.
03. The plastic eyelets on the shoe is very sad too. Unlike the OG, the retro XII in all colorways have plastic eyelets instead of the metal version. I was not to happy with this either.

All in all, I understand that this is the first time something like this has gone on for JB, but it should have been better prepared.

For future reference, they should make it more "Exclusive" as they stated on the website, and in their magazine. It was a very good idea, just not thought out to well.

I would buy a package in the future, but make it better, more "Exclusive" and something that will be special in the future.

Brian Hirt
[/b]
[/b]​

Just my two cents:

The package was great casue quite frankly I am sick of every joe, jack and hane wearing the same Jordans on any given day... The only downside to the package was the mandatory purchase of the ugly sweater and hat.. I would really like to see a package with some Jordan Shorts, preferably a match to the exclusive color, and a regular T-shirt.

And Always make sure to include us XXL and XXXL people.

THE SHOES WERE PROMISED TO BE SOLD FOR ONLY A WEEK OR SO, SO WHY WERE THEY AVAILABLE ON THE JUMPMAN23 WEBSITE FOR OVER A MONTH!!!!! THAT REALLY WASN'T A GREAT IDEA. AND WHAT WAS THE DEAL WITH SHIPPING. I CHOOSE 3- 5 DAY SHIPPING, AND RECIEVED MY PAKAGE AFTER 16 DAYS.. THAT IS MORE THAT 2 WEEKS. AND ALSO IF YOU ARE GOING TO BRING THE PRICE THIS HIGH!!! ADD SOMETHING ELSE TO IT..... LIKE SOME SWEAT PANTS.
Buy Them to wear,Not for the Closet

My current ebay auctions!!

WANTED : Air Jordan 12 XII Retro Black/Red, DS, in SIZE 13.(e-mail below)

IM - DreamVersace
E-mail - DreamVersace@aol.com

To interject for a moment:

Thank you all very much for this groundswell of responses. Trust me, I know there's at least ONE high ranking Jordan brand employee who's looking out for you guys and who is eagerly awaiting your feedback.

To answer a question:
Quote:
UMMM, Hey Meth, so do you work for Nike???
No, I don't work for Nike. Are you kidding? With my background, I'm probably not even qualified for their assembly line.

Last time I checked, Nikebiz.com didn't have any job openings that read,

"The ideal candidate will have a degree in American Studies, absolutely no industry experience, a mediocre sneaker collection, and an influencial stake in an unauthorized fan site."

While I don't work for Nike, since NikeTalk began it's always been my goal to encourage and ultimately facilitate interaction between Jordan brand and its fans. Thanks to a gracious connection (my only connection) at Jordan brand, I've been able to help establish that through this post as well as other opportunities such as the fake sneaker stories submission post this past summer. I hope NikeTalk continues to serve as a conduit for this type of communication, and it is your participation that makes it all possible.

Well, as for my $.02...

#1...I enjoyed the package, although if forced to buy the package, I wish there were other diff. kinds of Hoody's/Hats to choose from, rather than have everyone looking like robots with the same exact outfit on. That's why I really don't even wear mine anymore (the hoody, that is).

#2---exclusivity; If they're gonna be "limited", then that's what we expect..not to be available to just anyone. I know that NIKE is in the business to make a lot of money, but the only reason they make what they do is because of us. If NIKE holds true to this type of practice, that deters a lot of shoeheads for even giving into the hype, or buying shoe now when it could be readily available anytime.
I STILL HAVE THE LEBRON AIR FORCE 1--SZ.8-11; ONLY $90..E-MAIL ME @ cameronnelson@ems.att.com

I'm looking for the ARGON Dunks..sz.10 or 10.5

i don't understand...

so many of you were so frantic just tryin ta get the package. Stayin up all nite tryin ta get thru ta the site. Tryin so many tricks ta get more than one package per person. All upset when it didn't ship fast enough for you.

So why are so many of you now say you were forced ta buy the package like you had no choice in the matter when you seemed so happy before?

I didn't get the package for the simple fact that I don't really like all black shoes and would never wear them...I also didn't have the money to buy them and just keep them stored away. However, if it were a different Air Jordan and a different color I may have purchased them. I don't like the fact that you were forced to buy the entire package as well, as I would have no use for the shirt and hat...if I really liked the shoes in the package I would have bought it regardless, but an extra 70 dollars would be asking a lot for stuff I most likely wouldn't wear. I would prefer more novelty items instead of clothing, stuff like posters, perhaps something with Jordan wearing the XII to go along with the nubuck package, or something like that...regardless though, I think the initial idea was great and hopefully it can be built upon more successfully in the future.
[h3]the return of...Deep Thoughts ::[/h3][h4]The memories of my family outings are still a source of strength to me. I remember we'd all pile into the car - I forget what kind it was - and drive and drive. I'm not sure where we'd go, but I think there were some trees there. The smell of something was strong in the air as we played whatever sport we played. I remember a bigger, older guy we called "Dad." We'd eat some stuff, or not, and then I think we went home. I guess some things never leave you.[/h4]

whats up...everything went well with this package.....i was proud to a part iof the whole nubuck promo...but.......................for next time..........>>>>>

AS FAR AS AN EXCLUSIVE SHOE BEING BROUGHT OUT...MAKE IT ___EXCLUSIVE___!!!!1 SHOE FOR 1 MEMBER...SEND OUT AN EMAIL..FOR WHAT SIZE A PERSON WEARS...OR THE INFO HE NEEDS TO GIVE IF YOU GUYS ARE OFFERING CLOTHING WITH IT...BUT MAKE IT EXCLUSIVE.....TO JB MEMBERS ONLY......THANX........1

DJ-SMALLS REPRESENTING REAL HIPHOP

What advice would you have for Jordan brand in regards to developing a similar offer in the future?
Clear up the confusion; Have all the people running the phone lines have the same info, and have that info be right. Don't outright lie just to create a buying frenzy, the shoes were good enough not to warrant it, and make the clothing optional, for the extra 65$.

What did they do right with this package? What can they improve upon for next time?
The package was a good overall idea, because matching fanatics got to match perfectly and the shoe was a dope model and a dope colourway. What could be improved upon was the constant uncertainty about everything, the fact that not everyone got the email or the card etc. And the fact that the site was overloaded was pathetic. Figure out a way to divide your customers from the get-go (say, what state/region do you live in?) so not too many people are on the exact same place.

Assuming that all of this year's launch problems are ironed out, would you be interested in similar offers in the future?
Hell, yeah.

For those who didn't purchase the Retro XII package: Why did you decide to pass? What could Jordan brand do differently in the future to earn your business with a similar offer?
I decided to pass because the package wasn't available to Canada. We to the North are tired of being shafted in shoe matters. Make the package available worldwide. Considering all the people in the states couldn't buy up your pairs within the first few days, I don't see what the problem would be. Also, make the clothing optional, as I said above. Not everyone likes pinwheels, and maybe they find that they just want the shoes for 135.

SUPPORT THE CAUSE, buy the gear​

Back
Top Bottom