Nuggets’ Anthony gets speeding ticket

[h1]Nuggets' Anthony gets speeding ticket[/h1]
30 minutes ago
y_sports-hi.png

DENVER (AP)-Denver Nuggets All-Star Carmelo Anthony has been ticketed for speeding, three weeks after he was cited on a charge of driving under the influence.

Police say Anthony was pulled over Saturday for driving 60 mph in a 45-mph zone.

The 23-year-old was arrested on a DUI charge in Denver on April 14. He apologized the next day.

He is scheduled to be in court June 5 on the DUI charge.

Police spokesman Sonny Jackson says Anthony does not have to appear in court on the speeding ticket if he mails in the $130 fine.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_y...=ap-nuggets-anthony&prov=ap&type=lgns&print=1

don't know if this was posted yet, but....

dude stays taking Ls
roll.gif

Taking Ls?

Its a friggin' speeding ticket.

Most of America has received some sort of driving infraction.

Let he who has not...ah whatever.

Originally Posted by goukiteg

Taking Ls?

did you read the article?

he's also been cited for DUI less than a month ago

also, most of america is not the face of a sports franchise...
eyes.gif

Regardless of what he did before this isnt news.
grin.gif

He should have known he was being targeted though.

This wouldn't have gotten any press if he hadn't gotten the DUI 3 weeks ago....

60 in a 45 isn't the biggest of deals because most of us here who drive and have been caught speeding have done worse....however, it's not a good lookon someone who is trying to rehabilitate his image.

Personally, I think Melo is a bonehead and he should have been driving like a saint after getting in that mess a few weeks ago. Dude stays messin'up....won't be soon before long that him and his big gut are traded out of Denver.

As much as I went in on Melo for gettin a DUI, this is some bum $*!@ right here,
this aint even newsworthy...

a speeding ticket, WOW!
Dudes just fishing for stories now.

smh.gif

Originally Posted by offbad

Originally Posted by goukiteg

Taking Ls?

did you read the article?

he's also been cited for DUI less than a month ago

also, most of america is not the face of a sports franchise...
eyes.gif

Yes, I read the article.

I know he got a DUI. Was his license suspended though? If he was driving with a suspended license I would see your point. Maybe I'm just different. Idon't see any of this as headline worthy, even with the DUI.

Its just the fact he's showing irresponsibility of driving after getting cited for DUI. I mean, yes he can afford any fines and whatever, but a judge andDA will still take this into consideration when they plea him out for the dui. He probably would've gotten a wet reckless, but now with this, they may notbite. That's the issue.

He's lucky you get a buffer from a suspended license because he's not showing he's bright enough to follow the law.

Don't get me wrong, its not THAT bad all things considered, but he's lucky he wasn't 20 over and get another reckless citation.

Just lay low man.

this isn't news

he should probably be more careful considering anything he does will bring about unnecessary scrutiny though

This is a bull +%$+ "news" story
Its a effin speeding ticket. If he was like like 90 in a 45 then ok, maybe. But c'mon now

Originally Posted by LazyJ10

Its just the fact he's showing irresponsibility of driving after getting cited for DUI. I mean, yes he can afford any fines and whatever, but a judge and DA will still take this into consideration when they plea him out for the dui. He probably would've gotten a wet reckless, but now with this, they may not bite. That's the issue.

He's lucky you get a buffer from a suspended license because he's not showing he's bright enough to follow the law.

Don't get me wrong, its not THAT bad all things considered, but he's lucky he wasn't 20 over and get another reckless citation.

Just lay low man.
Who honestly cares? Its a speeding ticket. His last incident doesn't matter. This is a speeding ticket. Its not news. I understand what yoursaying but 'irresponsibility'? For going 60 in a 45? Eh...

Originally Posted by TrueBlack88

Originally Posted by LazyJ10

Its just the fact he's showing irresponsibility of driving after getting cited for DUI. I mean, yes he can afford any fines and whatever, but a judge and DA will still take this into consideration when they plea him out for the dui. He probably would've gotten a wet reckless, but now with this, they may not bite. That's the issue.

Just lay low man.
Who honestly cares? Its a speeding ticket. His last incident doesn't matter. This is a speeding ticket. Its not news. I understand what your saying but 'irresponsibility'? For going 60 in a 45? Eh...

I don't think its newsworthy, either, for the record...

And speaking from experience, you wouldn't find me going more than 10% over ANY speed limit after getting into some *#$ like he did. But then again, mylicense was taken on the spot. I believe he has until his court date. That's all I'm saying, his decision making process seems to have regressed.

he will get a stop sign ticket next for only stopping for 2 seconds instead of 3........get off the boy

I probably wouldn't give a $*+! either if I was young and rich. Even if convicted for a dui, he's just gonna get a few community service hours. Nobiggie. Money talks

Back
Top Bottom