Nuggets are mad they about to go fishing after game 6. vol "lakers paid 50k to win game 5"

LIKE I SAID BEFORE. NOT ONE PLAYER ON THE LAKERS HAS FOULED OUT YET. i mean that %#$* is crazy when you think about it. not one player has fouled out yet. when you look at denver and the # of fouls being called on their BEST players...i mean its pretty damn clear to me this %#$* right here is rigged. its going to 7 games and the lakers are going to win it. the nuggets have had nene, martin, and melo all foul out in past games. hmm is that a coincidence? but wait there's more. the thing that stands out to me the most is BILLUPS has gotten 5 fouls a couple times. i mean seriously...BILLUPS? 5 fouls? the lakers dont even run their offense through their pgs. there's NO reason billups should have 5 fouls in any game. and how about JR SMITH getting 5 fouls in a game? this dude is coming off the bench...granted he's guarding kobe sometimes....but still. %#$* is pretty clear cut when you look at the numbers at who the refs are favoring.
Has it ever occurred to you that both teams play a different style of basketball? The Nuggets are in your face and crash the boards like no other.They are a lot more aggressive than the Lakers on defense. Calls and non calls have been going both ways the entire series, its pretty clear if you actuallywatch these games that the refs have been awful both ways this entire series.

Walton fouled out in 13 minutes in game 4, plus was called for a tech for getting elbowed in the throat.

That's 7 whistles in 13 minutes for a soft basketball player. Yeah.

oh really.

laugh.gif

Look denver has been attacking the rim more, when the nuggets cut the lead to 4 and even before they did that in the 4th, they were going at the rim and got nocalls. Gasol and Odom were not getting clean blocks every time Melo and Kleiza went to the rim. I've noticed this series when Denver is adamant aboutgetting to the rack they get no call, they always have to make tough shots while getting fouled. They should be getting a lot more free throws, while gasolpushes nene and nene gets called for the foul...BS

--The Billups "charge" on Ariza could have been a no call IMO. From top camera view Ariza's body was outside the restricted area but his leftfoot was back pedaled inside the restricted area. Well, even if Billups got those three points, Nugs still lose by 6.

TFaulk20 wrote:
2. I forgot who the shooter was, (I think walton) shot a three pointer in the third quarter with the shot clock expiring, air balled, then fell down and they called a foul on Nene. Three fouls shots awarded to lakers.

It was Ariza.

He pumped faked and sold the foul.

have to be JOKING if you think it wasnt.

ESPECIALLY after Billups and JR have been benefiting from refs calling this type of foul ALL season.

So GOH with that one.

On a side note...

How many points would Melo have a game if it wasn't for his points ***At the line***???

Yet you say he doesn't get calls???

EL OH EL at you my friend.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by dreClark

Originally Posted by CP1708

You sure they were lettin em play when Melo took Kobe's head off for only a personal foul?
That wasn't even flagrant foul worthy
grin.gif
Word.
Originally Posted by yungmatt

On second thought, Im going with Nene.
He's the most likely to complain, IMO.

Anyone who thinks this is legit is an idiot. And 50k sounds way too low to be buying off refs anyways...they'd need to drop more guap than that.

Originally Posted by TFaulk20

I am a biased Denver fan, but I try to look at things objectively. Yes the Nuggets shoot more foul shots than the Lakers every game; they led the league in free throws throughout the entire regular season, they shoot more free throws than anybody. This is not due to the refs, its the fact that they attack the rim harder and more often than anyone else. Do the nuggets get more fouls called against them than the Lakers? Yes, they are more physical and aggressive on defense and commit more fouls (they also seem to have a knack for committing stupid fouls that give guys three point plays).

However, there were four absolutely atrocious calls last night that swung the momentum for the Lakers and also a bunch of no calls for Melo at the rim.

1. The Billups "charge" in the first quarter when Ariza moved his feet AND was in the restircted area, should have been a three point play.
2. I forgot who the shooter was, (I think walton) shot a three pointer in the third quarter with the shot clock expiring, air balled, then fell down and they called a foul on Nene. Three fouls shots awarded to lakers.
3. Nene post up in late fourth quater that earned him his fifth foul. Lakers lead was at 6 at this time and Nene did nothing at all really with Gasol all over him.
4. Nene's final foul in which he beat gasol to the spot and Gasol pushes Nene and falls over. The laker lead was at 4 points. The Nugs could have cut it to 2 or 1 point on the ensuing possession. Instead Gasol makes 2 free throws to get the lead back at 6 and kills the denver momentum.

Aside from that, Carmelo gets hacked and doesnt get a call more than any other player I have ever seen, and he is a star. He gets treated like a first year rookie by the refs. Look at Lebron in game 4, all he does is barrel into lewis at the end of the game (he wasnt even going in the direction of the basket) and gets bailed out to two free throws that could have altered that series.

BILL SIMMONS WRITES A GREAT ARTICLE ABOUT THE REFEREE ISSSUES THROUGHOUT THESE PLAYOFFS, A MUST READ. HERES THE LINK

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/090528&sportCat=nba

i can see that. i missed the first quarter, and a little bit of the second so i cant respond to the first two, but...
3. that was def. an offensive. nene just totally completely bodied the dude.
4. you've got to be kidding me also. NENE'S FEET WERE SHUFFLING, TRYING TO GET INTO POSITION.
in order to get a charge, you must hold your ground, meaning your feet can't move, and outside the restricted. dude was no where near the restricted anywayso it doesnt really matter.
and melo not get any calls deserves a
indifferent.gif

man i have been waiting all playoffs for the refs to stop with these touch fouls and now players are crying about it

laugh.gif

refs in game 5
pimp.gif

i thought it was a well officiated game,

but the calls on NENE WERE suspect....
nerd.gif

and of course it was KENYON....

No matter what team wins, this has been a great series. Sure, I would prefer the Nuggets to win, but I'm not going to cry about because I don't hatethe Lakers. I didn't think Nene got officiated correctly in the game, then there were also plays that looked like Kobe got fouled and they let them play. They really should have had no calls going both ways, not just defensive fouls being no calls. I hope it goes 7
smokin.gif

Regarding the fact that no player on the Lakers has fouled out, has anyone considered that the Lakers use more of their bench than the Nuggets do?

The Nuggets typically use four bench players, while the Lakers use five. The tenth man off of LA's bench is getting at least 4-6 minutes of burn per gamewhile the tenth man on Denver's bench isn't even seeing the floor. Plus, Hart, Petro, and Balkman have played a combined four minutes in this series,while LA's little-used players, Powell and Mbenga, have been on the floor for twice that long.

There's only been a difference of ten fouls called between the two teams over the course of five games, so it's pretty easy to see how having oneadditional body in the rotation could spell the difference between 5 fouls and fouling out.

Originally Posted by 731balla

^ Wasn't that a foul on Billups......not called?
laugh.gif

LOL NO.

How would that be a foul on Billups?

Because he ran into Kobe?

indifferent.gif

Really? Cuz I coulda swore that early in the game Fish came around a screen, hardly touched Billups after the screen, Billups didn't even notice, and thatwas called a foul on Fish.

Ton of contact by Billups on Kobe = no foul, touching by Fish on Billups = foul? By your logic.

indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by 731balla

^ Wasn't that a foul on Billups......not called?
laugh.gif

LOL NO.

How would that be a foul on Billups?

Because he ran into Kobe?

indifferent.gif

Really? Cuz I coulda swore that early in the game Fish came around a screen, hardly touched Billups after the screen, Billups didn't even notice, and that was called a foul on Fish.

Ton of contact by Billups on Kobe = no foul, touching by Fish on Billups = foul? By your logic.

indifferent.gif

laugh.gif

I think we were lost in translation somewhere.

we are saying the same thing and just noticed.

I thought you were saying that Billups got fouled in that video.

LOL.

I guess some of you laker fans are that biased that u cant see that the series has been lopsided in your favor thanks to the refs

just pray that u win game 6

and im not a fan of either team, nor do i care who win the series

if Melo made that foul on Lebron, Wade or Manu, hes ejected, cus those players would flop to the ground as if they were sniped.

Kobe doesnt care for flops in the playoffs, regular season, he would probably try to sell it. But he just wants to win, thats one thing that can be said abouthim. Melo too, dude takes a beating and never flops to the grown so far this series.

Great series, dont complain about the refs, cus both teams are getting calls and non-calls

if we wanna cry about fouls that shouldnt have been called, we can go to single plays in EVERY game, and call out about 5 or 6 on each team.
the refs have been terrible in the post season period. Now denver wants to cry about it..... and even go as far to say the Lakers paid for it, how bout justsay Home court advantage. cuz Denver certainly gets their fair share of calls at home..... rediculous calls.

but whatever.... Denver has one more game before the 2010 season.

Back
Top Bottom