Nuggets are mad they about to go fishing after game 6. vol "lakers paid 50k to win game 5"

Originally Posted by mrtramericanjr

I guess some of you laker fans are that biased that u cant see that the series has been lopsided in your favor thanks to the refs

just pray that u win game 6

and im not a fan of either team, nor do i care who win the series
what did you see game 4? every time Melo touched the ball it was a foul and then Kobe gets kicked and no call
indifferent.gif

I guess some of you laker fans are that biased that u cant see that the series has been lopsided in your favor thanks to the refs

roll.gif
roll.gif

This is the same crap we hear EVERY year.

Poor everybody else, Lakers always get the calls, we've never earned a trip the finals the 29 times we've been there, it's always given to us. Andif we make it 30, it'll be the same garbage. Over and over and over, repeat etc etc.

smh.gif

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]I[/color] guess some of you laker fans are that biased that u cant see that the series has been lopsided in your favor thanks to the refs

Fixed.

Game 1
Den: 35 FTA/26 PF
LA: 24 FTA/29 PF

Game 2
Den: 37 FTA/29 PF
LA: 35 FTA/27 PF

Game 3
Den: 31 FTA/31 PF
LA: 45FTA/24PF

Game 4
Den: 49 FTA/24 PF
LA: 35 FTA/31 PF

Game 5
Den: 30 FTA/30 PF
LA: 35 FTA/22 PF

Originally Posted by RFX45

Game 1
Den: 35 FTA/26 PF
LA: 24 FTA/29 PF

Game 2
Den: 37 FTA/29 PF
LA: 35 FTA/27 PF

Game 3
Den: 31 FTA/31 PF
LA: 45FTA/24PF

Game 4
Den: 49 FTA/24 PF
LA: 35 FTA/31 PF

Game 5
Den: 30 FTA/30 PF
LA: 35 FTA/22 PF
182 FT for Denver
174 FT for Lakers

This series has been EXTREMELY LOPSIDED.

Originally Posted by CP1708

And how many of those free throws are from Techs?
nerd.gif

Gotta be 10 or so right?
laugh.gif
exactly
laugh.gif
at these Nuggets fans spewing anything to enablethem to sleep better at night.

Originally Posted by CP1708

And how many of those free throws are from Techs?
nerd.gif

Gotta be 10 or so right?
laugh.gif

Dude you are always on the defensive
laugh.gif

Techs

Game 1:
(1) Anthony
(1) Bryant

Game 2:
(2) Billups, Martin
(1) Gasol

Game 3:
(3) Kleiza, Carter, Smith
(2) Fisher, Farmar

Game 4:
(3) Smith, Anthony, Martin
(1) Walton

Game 5:
(2) Anderson, Nene
(1) Brown

Total:
Den = 11
LA = 6

Keep in mind that some are double techs so no one shot a free throw.

Originally Posted by Slow Motion G35

if Melo made that foul on Lebron, Wade or Manu, hes ejected, cus those players would flop to the ground as if they were sniped.

Kobe doesnt care for flops in the playoffs, regular season, he would probably try to sell it. But he just wants to win, thats one thing that can be said about him. Melo too, dude takes a beating and never flops to the grown so far this series.

Great series, dont complain about the refs, cus both teams are getting calls and non-calls

Best response in this thread!

People acting like the whistle dint belong to the Nuggets in Game 4...

Now that they are letting them play, people want the ref's to bail them out. %!#% is really backwards!
laugh.gif

Lakers vs. Magic game 1 next week!

Maybe instead Kenyon Martin should stop making plays/fouls at the end of games.

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

Originally Posted by mosk33toe

Serious question! I'm a Laker fan so I might be biased, but can anybody whose neutral in this series tell me, was the officiating that lopsided? Did Lakers really get the foul calls? I heard GK complain about Nene fouling out, but didn't he foul out 3 other games? Why didn't he complain then? Also Andrew Bynum had 4 fouls early too, so I don't understand where he is coming from
The officiating is horrible, but I don't see the refs leaning toward one team or another. It's fairly even as far as I see. The main problem I have, is that they call the ticky tack crap in big time possessions, don't call the ticky tack when nothing is on the line, and don't call obvious fouls when the games on the line, but call it when there isn't much on the line...if that makes sense. That's what I see at least.
see, that's exactly the problem. my opinion on this is that the refs miss big calls and try to make up for them with ticky tack calls. it's a terrible way to officiate the game, and like you mentioned, the timing of these "makeup" calls can really destroy the tempo of the gameand a team's momentum. I think this is why sometimes it seems like the refs are calling it one way or another. and I am sorry, I hate to even come fromthis angle because I don't think the Nuggets played good enough to win in the 4th quarter, but there was some obvious disparity in the calls in the 4thquarter, in favor of the Lakers. but really, the first round of blame goes to the Nuggets for not playing hard and taking good shots throughout the 4thquarter. but if you don't see how the Lakers were getting the calls in the paint where the Nuggets were getting fouled harder and not getting the calls,then you got blinders on. let's not forget the kobe 3 point play where he lost the ball after the foul, caught it and put it up and still got the basket,and Chauncey's "offesnive foul" that should've been a bucket and 1, nevermind the fouls Nene got called for... it's not really even worthgetting into because there are soooo many Lakers homers here that all we'll get is a bunch of arguing and taunting and it's not really worth it. bottom line is, Nuggets lost because they didn't play well enough in the 4th, but that doesn't mean the Lakers weren't given at least somepreferential treatment by the refs in the 4th.

Originally Posted by Slow Motion G35

if Melo made that foul on Lebron, Wade or Manu, hes ejected, cus those players would flop to the ground as if they were sniped.

Kobe doesnt care for flops in the playoffs, regular season, he would probably try to sell it. But he just wants to win, thats one thing that can be said about him. Melo too, dude takes a beating and never flops to the grown so far this series.

Great series, dont complain about the refs, cus both teams are getting calls and non-calls
i'm sorry, but did you REALLY just post that? lololololol! Kobe might not flop against Melo because he has respect for him, but Kobe flopsand flails often. playoffs and regular season alike. I respect him as a player, believe me I do, but he definitely flops.

and I'm all for no calls, as long as they go both ways in crucial parts of the game. but when they go one way late in a game, I'm sorry, that'sjust not cool.

They were asked about the Kobe 3 point play, and they said, it was continuation. It's not like he lost the ball, landed, and shot, he lost it and shot itin mid air, one motion right? Just like getting fouled, still taking two steps and getting the continuation no????

Anyhoo, I would love to have a Refs thread with vids and what not to discuss at some point. Not now in the playoffs, but in the offseason.

In Simmons article today, he mentioned something very briefly, that i thought he shoulda talked more in depth about.

Flow of officials. Think, they rotate every time down court. Like a home plate umpire has a diff strike zone, refs call/see things different ways. Maybe oneguy lets inside contact go more then another.

Well, if that guy is baseline on one play, and calls a foul, but then on the next play is near mid court, doesn't it stand to reason that more contactcould go on down low since he is now too far away to call that play?

Could teams/players pick up on that and use it to their advantage? If I'm a team, and I know Bavetta calls everything inside, then every single rotationthat he is down low, I go inside and hope for a call. And when he is top side, I would stay away from the inside and stay on the perimeter. Does that makesense?

I wonder if the refs went to the same exact spot every single possession, would things be called more consistent? If they had the same responsibility on eachand every play? Just thought it was interesting, but Simmons didn't go in depth on that one.

So they must have thrown in an extra $5k to make the Nuggets shoot 3-21 in that one stretch too...

Originally Posted by 2g00d4u

Pretty sure its Renaldo Balkmen. Dude mad he aint getting any burn
laugh.gif

He played for 30 seconds in game 4, he also got blocked twice in that time span though.
laugh.gif

there have been suspect calls both ways

one thing the refs are consistent about is how they ref kobe
notice how the argument here is how the lakers as a team get calls as opposed to kobe cause he really doesn't

Back
Top Bottom