Nuggets are mad they about to go fishing after game 6. vol "lakers paid 50k to win game 5"

http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archi...ified_player_lakers_paid_$50k_for_game_5_win/

[h1]Unidentified Player: Lakers Paid $50kFor Game 5 Win[/h1]

Phil Jackson and the Lakers were fined $25k apiece as a punishment for his comments regarding the officiating in Game 4.

At least one member of the Nuggets believed those comments factored into how Game 5 was called.

"The Lakers paid $50,000 to win that game. They got their money's worth," said a Denver player, not wanting to be identified for fear ofretribution from the league.

i just dont get it, players cry when refs take over a game and call fouls left and right but last night in the 4th they let them play and they want to cryabout it?

roll.gif

So are they payin' their 50K now to win game 6?
nerd.gif

So, Denver was the "more agressive team" in game 4 and everything was fine.

LA was the "more aggresive team" in game 5 and we paid for the win?

Really Sacremento Denver?

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

i just dont get it, players cry when refs take over a game and call fouls left and right but last night in the 4th they let them play and they want to cry about it?
I find it hilarious and annoying at the same time that after every drive to hoop by ANY player, and no foul is called, they threw there arms upand start whining. Everytime last night this happened. Bunch of softies and cry babies. Just play!

i just dont get it, players cry when refs take over a game and call fouls left and right but last night in the 4th they let them play and they want to cry about it?
u sure they were lettin them play when Nene got that block called on him to get him fouled out in the beginning of the 4th?

Originally Posted by nYcHipHopHippo

u sure they were lettin them play when Nene got that block called on him to get him fouled out in the beginning of the 4th?

You sure they were lettin Walton play when he got a tech for gettin elbowed in the throat and then called for 3 straight fouls?

You sure they were lettin em play when Kobe "tripped" and no call was made?

You sure they were lettin Fisher play when he picked up a tough foul 42 feet from the hoop when he went around a screener and tough Billups?

You sure they were lettin em play when Melo took Kobe's head off for only a personal foul?

You sure?

nerd.gif

Serious question! I'm a Laker fan so I might be biased, but can anybody whose neutral in this series tell me, was the officiating that lopsided? Did Lakersreally get the foul calls? I heard GK complain about Nene fouling out, but didn't he foul out 3 other games? Why didn't he complain then? Also AndrewBynum had 4 fouls early too, so I don't understand where he is coming from

Originally Posted by nYcHipHopHippo

Dudes feet were moving, he wasn't set, it wasn't a charge... I love how Mark Jackson even said "Nene's feet are moving but Gasol bumped him in the chest, offensive foul"

However, by definition of the blocking rule and by every other "bump" call made throughout the league this year that call was perfect. See Dwade, SeeCP3, See Billups, for examples.

Originally Posted by mosk33toe

Serious question! I'm a Laker fan so I might be biased, but can anybody whose neutral in this series tell me, was the officiating that lopsided? Did Lakers really get the foul calls? I heard GK complain about Nene fouling out, but didn't he foul out 3 other games? Why didn't he complain then? Also Andrew Bynum had 4 fouls early too, so I don't understand where he is coming from

last night wasnt even that bad, i have no idea why GK start *****ing like it was clear cut the refs where in the lakers favorite

That wasn't even flagrant foul worthy
grin.gif

yes it was, im happy they didnt call it because its a good HARD playoff foul but with the way the NBA has turned 9 out of 10 that is called aflagrant foul

Originally Posted by dreClark

Originally Posted by CP1708

You sure they were lettin em play when Melo took Kobe's head off for only a personal foul?
grin.gif
Nope it was not flagrant foul worthy, yet Bynum's was.
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by mosk33toe

Serious question! I'm a Laker fan so I might be biased, but can anybody whose neutral in this series tell me, was the officiating that lopsided? Did Lakers really get the foul calls? I heard GK complain about Nene fouling out, but didn't he foul out 3 other games? Why didn't he complain then? Also Andrew Bynum had 4 fouls early too, so I don't understand where he is coming from
The officiating is horrible, but I don't see the refs leaning toward one team or another. It's fairly even as far as I see. The mainproblem I have, is that they call the ticky tack crap in big time possessions, don't call the ticky tack when nothing is on the line, and don't callobvious fouls when the games on the line, but call it when there isn't much on the line...if that makes sense. That's what I see at least.

Originally Posted by dreClark

Originally Posted by CP1708

grin.gif

It was ABOVE the shoulders. Remember that stupid rule?

The league is looking at it to detemine if suspend Melo.

I didn't say I agree with it, I'm sayin based on what else has been called in the playoffs, that foul was harder then alotta the others yes?

Bottom line, Denver is stupid for goin this route. They were pretty happy in game 4, what changed?

Back
Top Bottom