Nujabes passes away in a car accident - RIP

*$%@ my life.
smh.gif
this is seriously one of my favorite artists and he made geat jazz influenced hip hop tracks with some good Mc's on his songs. I suggest everyone who doesnt know who he is to look up some songs. his music is great.

http://news.gather.com/vi...rticleId=281474978112675

Rumors that Japanese hip-hop and modern soul producer Nujabes had died are now sadly confirmed by his record label Hydeout Productions and his colleague and friend Shing02.  Nujabes, whose real name is Jun Seba, is dead after a car accident in late February.  According to Shing02:

"Through his soulful music, Nujabes has touched so many people around the world, even beyond his dreams. He was a mysterious character to most as he avoided the public limelight, rarely conducted interviews, so only a few got to know the man behind the signature production. Yet it continued to amaze me how young listeners of all backgrounds learned of his enigmatic name, and expressed support for his music."

I'm unclear on why this is only being confirmed today, when Nujabes' death was on February 26th, and his funeral has already passed.

As a producer, Nujabes' career was all about collaboration.  He worked with several underground hip-hop artists from Japan, the US, and other parts of the world, including Shing02, CYNE, Five Deez, and Uyama Hiroto.

Nujabes was 36 years old.  Please introduce yourself to Nujabes' music below.  It's really good!

6bbfbe1a-jpg.png

Nujabes
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

R.I.P
frown.gif

I didn't hear about him until recently. I like some of the stuff I heard from him. RIP
smh.gif

Whoa...

ive been a big fan of his music for a while now. Really sad to hear this.

RIP

Noooooo this is freakin crazy, I'm playing Battlecry right now too and though let me hit NT before I head to work
smh.gif
frown.gif
R.I.P

Are you serious!!!!!!!!! I'm shook up right now, big fan of his music. Feather helped me get through a rough stage of my life. 
frown.gif

Damn...I love his music....Didnt know we had some fans on NT.

Today will be dedicated to Nujabes. RIP NUJABES.

Wow.. I jam metaphorical music almost all the time in the mornings. This is sad news RIP

Oh man....I loved this guys music...I probably listened to it everyday on my way to class. This sucks like crazy he produced some great music. DAMN DAMN DAMN I actually looked forward to the stuff he put out.

Samurai Champloo put me on to this dude, so sad.

Rest In Piece

"Counting Stars"

Originally Posted by ATLien Seeko

Oh no! Isnt this the guy who worked on the Samurai Champloo soundtrack?

yeah thats his work. dopest stuff i had heard on a soundtrack. especially since it was for an anime

Originally Posted by hella handsome

yeah thats his work. dopest stuff i had heard on a soundtrack. especially since it was for an anime

Daaaamn.. What a loss! Wow... 

Originally Posted by hella handsome

Daaaamn.. What a loss! Wow... 

yea... r.i.p.

Modal Soul was one the best records of the 00's. What a loss to lose someone who made such beautiful music. Hopefully Nomak can pick it up from there.

Back
Top Bottom